It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reading Between The Li[n]es

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Iraqi leaders demand timetable for troop withdrawal
[brackets are mine]
By Agence France Presse

11/21/05 "AFP" -- -- CAIRO - Iraqi leaders reached a tentative [?] agreement Monday to demand a timetable for the withdrawal of foreign troops from their war-torn country during talks [this is what they want]ahead of a reconciliation conference to be held next year. [this idea is for future consideration]

Dozens of leaders representing most [not all] of Iraq's factions have been holding tough talks in Cairo since Saturday in a bid to reach a common agenda. [we need something to rally around]

In a draft[?] final statement [no way can this be their last word], a copy of which was obtained by AFP, they demanded [tentative agreement?] "a timetable for the immediate withdrawal of foreign troops".

The draft also advocates [i.e. we added] "immediately setting up a national programme to rebuild the armed forces in a way that will allow them to control the security situation and put an end to terrorist operations". [hey: we need a reason to stay there - we're training their forces]

Iraq's disempowered Sunni community had long made the timetable one of its main demands before returning to the political arena. [so? - screw the Sunnis right?]

But the current government [i.e. US] -- dominated by the Shiite and Kurdish communities formerly oppressed by Saddam Hussein's ousted regime [that's why we're on their side] -- has so far stressed that a hasty troop withdrawal would plunge the country into chaos. [re-read that without the intervening phrase between the dashes and think about why it was added]

The United States, which leads the coalition of foreign forces occupying Iraq, has consistently said it would not stay indefinitely in Iraq but refused to announce a timetable. [don't worry we're not staying - and we're here as long as we damn well please]

The US ambassador to Iraq, Zalmay Khalilzad [that's the US talking] said Monday it was "possible to begin adjusting our forces downwards, meaning begin to withdraw, some forces beginning next year".

But he warned that a total pullout by November 2006 would be premature. [i.e. we will still be there for next year's conference - screw the Sunnis right?]

"I think a total withdrawal of US forces by then is unrealistic. I don't think the Iraqis will be ready to completely take over the mission by themselves by that time," he said on CNN television. [nope no way could they agree to stop killing each other in exchange for the US leaving].

Apart from discussing the withdrawal of foreign troops, [stop thinking about this now] the planned reconciliation conference [next year when we're still there] aims to lessen the ongoing insurgency by expanding political dialogue. [now back to our regularly scheduled program: "the insurgency"]

Iraqi President Jalal Talabani told the Egyptian daily Al-Ahram that a large part of the insurgency could be won over if a common political agenda was agreed at the Cairo talks. [common agenda? like US withdrawal? - not acceptable - fighting the insurgency must be the only common agenda]

"A success of the Cairo talks will allow us to ... bring the resistance of the Arab nationalists to an end," he said. [the US puppet obliges, after all he's no Arab nationalist! American Nationalism is the only way to go!]

But Iraq's most feared insurgent group, Al-Qaeda in Iraq, led by Jordanian-born Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has rejected any dialogue [the boogie man appears - and he's one of them sneaky Jordanians at that!], saying the "sword and blood" were the only ways forward [and the US will, of course, oblige].

© 2005 Agence France Presse

How do you read between the lines?

[edit on 11/21/2005 by Gools]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
great post [I'm glad I'm not the only one who reads between the lines]

It certainly seems that the Iraqis want us out, but we're not listening. I feel many more people are awakening to the reality that all is not as it seems when it comes to the U.S. involvement in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This illustrates my problem with the government. they have the people so freakin confused they can't geta grip. It's heart breaking to see the confusion. The media can enlighten but they suck donkey dik too.
the people- the power- is confused and conquered.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Ha, this is fun!

The United States, which leads the coalition of foreign forces occupying Iraq, has consistently said it would not stay indefinitely in Iraq but refused to announce a timetable. [it's unpopular war, we got our arses kicked and we want to save face and of course there will be a general election in December for the Council of Representatives in Iraq.]

Iraqi President Jalal Talabani told the Egyptian daily Al-Ahram that a large part of the insurgency could be won over if a common political agenda was agreed at the Cairo talks. [I always wanted to be like Saddam]

But Iraq's most feared insurgent group, Al-Qaeda in Iraq, led by Jordanian-born Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has rejected any dialogue, saying the "sword and blood" were the only ways forwad [Hmm, I thought Al-Qaeda is a terrorist group]

top topics

join