It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Just Out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
so the whole religous stand point here is gone, no one thinks (and im not saying i do) that god created everything over the cource of many days? and created man and all that good stuff?

thanks!

Velvet.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Are you asking if the ATS community has reached a consensus on how we were created?

Well if you are, the answer is no.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
no, not at all im saying is that there are no posts that i have seen even considering god, it's a big time consideration

Velvet

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hmmm...

Don't know whose posts or which threads you're following, but there are lots of people at ATS who believe in God....

I would imagine there are some young Earth Creationists here... though they don't seem to be a vocal bunch...

Have you been following any threads in the 'conspiracies in religions' forum or this 'origins' forum?

Seems like you can find the answer to your question there.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
you might want to try this forum, it seems to have the answers you are looking for, or at least the opinions.....New Creationism Forum

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I believe in God, as I'm sure many others do.

Now, whether the creation of things on Earth happened exactly or anything like the bible states? Well I highly doubt it, but it's possible.

I do believe though, that God has played a part in your creation and lives.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I, too, believe in G-d but I do not believe the Bible should be taken literally or that any of the stories or histories of the Bible are infallible.

The creation stories, in Genesis, are pretty obviously just a re-telling of a myth - nothing wrong with that. Same with the flood stories.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think just because the Bible doesn't contain all the truths or explain everything that it follows that there is no Supreme Being and maybe, or maybe not, this Being had some hand in shaping the physical universe.

My belief in G-d does not cross over into the realm of the earth sciences any more than my food preferences impact my financial investment decisions. One really doesn't have a whole lot to do with the other.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I believe in God and that he created this world and many others. But I wouldn't go as far as to say he created it all over a course of days, since counting time and days is a human creation. It could have taken more time than we can panthom or could have happened in a blink. But while I believe in God and his power, I do not believe in any organized religion and their written dogmas.

The problem with attributing certain things to God and talking about him, usually ends up in a religious discussion and a case of my religion is right or my god is better than your god type thing.

join