It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre insemination of the future!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here's a bizarre scenario that could play out in the near future:

1. Stem cell lines created from an adult cell sample.

2. Sperm cells made from these stem cell samples (as described in recent news articles)

3. Women inseminated with sperm then sues original tissue sample donor for child support.

And here's another twist, they might be able to even create sperm from an adult tissue sample taken from a woman. Then you could have a woman suing another woman as the biological "father" of the child in question.

What do you guys think? Is this possible? And if it is, give me a sound argument as to why the precedence regarding biological fathers would not apply? Keep in mind that sperm donors have been found liable for child support.

Also, what if the tissue sample is taken without notice or consent? Just think of someone taking that donated blood down to the future fertility clinic. Watch out for psycho girlfriends!

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

3. Women inseminated with sperm then sues original tissue sample donor for child support.

If I'm not mistaken, there was an ATSNN article a while back that stated that a man was actualy already ruled to paying child support to a woman that had used his sperm trough a sperm bank.

So you can scratch that one of your list.

Next, I don't think its posible to create viable sperm from stem cells without also infusing the cells with a DNA set from a normal tisue sample.

[edit on 21/11/05 by thematrix]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by informatu
Watch out for psycho girlfriends!

Ain't that the truth!

There are enough men in power in this country that when this techn becomes viable, legislaure will be put into place to avoid this problem. You shouldn't punish someone for doing a good deed.

new topics

join