It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Private Plane Carrying NIKE Execs In Trouble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A Private Jet has developed problems over the Northwest USA and is preparing to make an emergency landing. Onboard the Jet are NIKE executives including CEO William Perez. One wheel of the gulfstream jet did not retract forcing it to circle over Portland Airport to burn fuel before attempting the emergency landing. Founder of NIKE Philip Knight is not believed to be onboard the stricken plane. 7 people are understood to be on the plane including three crew members.

www.news.com.au

William Perez CEO - NIKE
"We are not nervous, exactly, because a lot of planes go down on their belly," said Armand Santilli, who runs a set of private jet hangars at Hillsboro Airport.

"They belly land them. It is not a very perilous situation, but it is something to be concerned about."

Mr Santilli, 82, said he was a pilot himself until "I got old enough and wise enough that I don't fly any more."

The jet took off early Monday on a trip to Toronto, Canada, the Nike statement said.

"Nike executives based in Beaverton are in touch now with airport officials, Gulfstream engineering experts and the FAA to determine the appropriate next steps to land the aircraft safely," the company said.

The pilot was conferring with mechanics on the ground and circling to burn fuel before attempting to land at Portland International Airport, where emergency crew were on alert.

Phil Knight Founder Of NIKE - accountability.org

Nike is the world's biggest sports apparel producer.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I hope they land safely. This is a scary situation for anyone to be in. Updates an more more news as it comes in.

[edit on 21-11-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This was resolved a while ago, the plane made a safe landing after the gear came unstuck:

PORTLAND, Ore. – A Nike Inc. corporate jet carrying seven people developed landing gear problems shortly after takeoff Monday but then made a safe emergency landing after the gear was unstuck.

The Gulfstream jet touched down at 12:11 p.m. at Hillsboro airport, the same airport where it had taken off bound for Toronto around five hours earlier.

www.signonsandiego.com...

[edit on 11/21/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thats what I like to see.. a happy ending

well done to the pilot and crew and ground crew that got them down.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This was happening this morning pretty much in my backyard. In fact, my wife works over at the airport. She was watching all the touch & go's and low passes. This was the aircraft's first flight since it was received from the manufacturer. Btw, Phil Knight was not on board the jet.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Am sorry but who cares?

Suppose they should have employed some child labour to carry them in a Palequin or Sedan chair across the USA.

NIKE $ucks

Just my bit,
Mfourl

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You've never been to a Nike product plant have you? But clearly this was the proper time for you to spew your anti-corporate venom.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Nike does spew child labor. Nike is not the only one but they do. What plant did you tour?

top topics

join