It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange ocean temperatures?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Look at the the temps around the poles, the south and north poles waters are below freezing. Usually the south poles waters are warmer.

Could it be another siqn of a bad winter?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It is a sign alright. A bad winter will be the least of the trouble to come. Just wait a few years and then see what is going on. If you can see light and know truth, you will see through the darkest of storms.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
interesting, but I have no clue, can you explain a bit further why colder temperatures around the poles would mean a bad winter?

I would think colder temps around the poles would be a normal thing but then again I really don't know much about this topic except that warmer waters fuel bigger and stronger cyclones.

[edit on 11-21-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well I was thinking it was strange because I thought when its winter in the northern hemiphere its summer in the southern hemiphere due to the earths rotation. Sine its summer I thought the artic waters south would be warmer but there both below freezing. Thats my logic and it just got me wondering.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
that makes sense I guess, but I did some general reading on Antartica and it seems even in midst of summer there the temps are still pretty darn cold (-20 F/-28 C).

Hopefully one of our experts can shed some light

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
bump...............................

new topics

top topics

join