It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

content rights button

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Is this a new feature?

I lever saw it before - but I like it!

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well it must be a new feature because I had never seen it before either. I believe that the same info was included in the ATS/BTS guidelines we all agreed to when we joined but it is still a nice touch to place this where we can view and review it often.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The same information has been at the bottom of every page on ATS for about all day now.
The content rights tab now found on all of our posts are probably just an advisory for those who might want to copy or use our work.
I like it

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I think this is in response to something which happened before.

ATS was miss-quoted in some 'Science Journal' and I assume, this is ATS taking legal action to make sure they are never miss-quoted again.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I like it too, It helps remind people (especially guests) not to just copy what we say and use it for whatever they need without giving ATS and the author credit. Hopefully it will remind everyone here as well to not just copy and paste what you see from other sites to use as your own work, you dont want people to take your material, so don't take theirs.

---Pineapple

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Thats good that we do this though. I am sure that there will be more information to come. This way,hopefully, something doesnt get messed up.

[edit on 11/21/0505 by brodband]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I am no lawyer but I think the three amigos put it up to protect original content created by members of ATS. I.e. Original Music created by members as well as POD casts, but I am not sure.

Still scratching my head because it states they are not a legal firm though!

CREATIVE COMMONS CORPORATION IS NOT A LAW FIRM AND DOES NOT PROVIDE LEGAL SERVICES. DISTRIBUTION OF THIS LICENSE DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. CREATIVE COMMONS PROVIDES THIS INFORMATION ON AN "AS-IS" BASIS. CREATIVE COMMONS MAKES NO WARRANTIES REGARDING THE INFORMATION PROVIDED, AND DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ITS USE.
Source is Creative Commons Link.

Perhaps one of the three amigos can splain it to us

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've noticed it to, and if you click on it it states that the post is property of the member who posted it and the ATS LLC. I imagine it has something to do with the upcoming ATS t.v. show. Which, if memory serves me, will be based on ATS content. Assuming once the show airs the site will get ALOT more traffic, it's probaby important to be clear and up front about ATS content ownership and usage guidlines. Kinda 'lawyery', i assume Springer will be along eventually and explain.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
? Possibly a copyright clarification measure being taken in light of the upcoming exposure ATS will receive from the New World Order.

...err...uhmm... I mean the New TV show

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It gives away the identity of the author of anonymous submissions to ATSNN.
That's where I first noticed it.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Hows it doing that Ace?

Here all submissions have no name on them. Or am I missing somesthing?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka

And if you click on your´s in this post it says (among other things) :

"Attribution. You must attribute authorship of the work to "Riwka; a member of AboveTopSecret.com"; ownership of the work to the author and AboveTopSecret.com, LLP; the title of the message thread, content rights button; and this full link URL: www.abovetopsecret.com..."

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Hows it doing that Ace?

Here all submissions have no name on them. Or am I missing somesthing?

He's talking about ATSNN, I do believe.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

He's talking about ATSNN, I do believe.

You mean rss feeds?

Do you have a link that shows submissions with the name on them? If so I would like to see it and perhaps notify staff so they can fix it so the authors can remain nameless as the should be.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Seems to have already been fixed.

There was a link earlier, but it has been removed now. :-)

The same problem exists with 'warns', if someone has a warning you can find out who they are by clicking on it even if they are submitting a news-story. Although I like to think the 'hidden name' thing is primarily for new members and 'older' members, know to vote on a story for its merits and not our own agenda.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Seems to have already been fixed.

Ok. I alrady knew about the warns that was a no brainer. Just wanted to make sure that new contributors were not being exposed to others. THKS

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I like it.

It's really cool looking, and gives the site a more corporate look, Ooh! Maybe ATS is going to become a corporation, how great would that be!

[edit on 11/21/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Long live the Creative Commies!

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
sardion - there are so many good stories about that.

It's good to have it. We're getting big, and being under creative commons is actually a big deal.

Translation: GOD we're cool!

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I wonder how anyone would ever know if any of his work (on ATS) has been copied by someone else claiming to be the true author? Google search everything you've ever typed on ATS?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join