It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO Files episode tonight!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Tonight on the History Channel is a new episode of UFO Files:

UFO Files: Beyond The War of the Worlds
Monday, November 21 @ 8pm ET

*ALSO AIRS AT MIDNIGHT*

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Looks like they will be covering the 1938 broadcast of the War of the Worlds, as well as other panic attacks.

In print worldwide for over a century, The War of the Worlds is H.G. Wells at his best. Beginning with its literary origins, we trace the path of this amazing story from riveting magazine serial through the panic broadcast of 1938, and then to major motion pictures. We uncover the long-forgotten 1968 broadcast that again drove thousands into the streets of Buffalo, New York; and gain exclusive access to a new animated feature film. Loaded with state-of-the-art special effects and stunning reenactments, we revisit not only the famous but the obscure, including the radio broadcast in Ecuador that cost 20 people their lives. Filled with vintage film clips and previously unseen interpretations of the Martians, this is one you won't want to miss!

www.historychannel.com...

Should be interesting.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Looks like it'll be nice to watch, maybe we can discuss some of the ideas that are presented on the show? I know that I always question what shows like that say afterwards, and it would be kind of cool to have a chance to do so with alot of people.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yes I'll post my review. Show starts in 40 minutes from now.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well that was the lamest UFO Files I've ever seen. There aren't aliens on Mars. REALLY?????

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well they all can't be winners. That really had nothing to do with UFOs so I'm unsure as to why they made it...

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Probably because there is only so much actual UFO material that retains any shred of credibility that they need some "filler" episodes to round-out the season. They've done Roswell from a few different angles, Russian UFO's, MJ12, Chinese UFO (Dropa Stones), Kecksburg, Barney and Betty Hill, Area 51 and Gulf Breeze...

What other incidents are left for them to do in which they can get people of reasonable credibility to speak and have some documentation to back them up? Not many, I would think.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
don't rule out the fact that maybe they ran this show to cross-promote the dvd release of War, with Cruise, Fanning, etc.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
That's a good point. I think the History channel is a Time-Warner Co. I wouldn't be surprised if War of Worlds is a Warner Bros. film.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There is definately only so many angles you can spin Roswell and other events. I am sure that someone can conjure up or reinvent newer conspiracy ideas, but the I think most people won't buy it.

It thought it was a decent episode but it was definately a stretch to link "War of the Worlds" invasion panic to the general UFO phenomenon. If the show would have taken a "What If" approach to UFO's landing front and center, that would have been interesting. What would we do and how would world governments react would make an excellent topic.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist
Probably because there is only so much actual UFO material that retains any shred of credibility that they need some "filler" episodes to round-out the season. They've done Roswell from a few different angles, Russian UFO's, MJ12, Chinese UFO (Dropa Stones), Kecksburg, Barney and Betty Hill, Area 51 and Gulf Breeze...

What other incidents are left for them to do in which they can get people of reasonable credibility to speak and have some documentation to back them up? Not many, I would think.

Actually there are other things that major networks can report on.

The Disclosure Project...

They have unbelievably credible people like Brigadier General Lovekin of the Eisenhower White house who confirmed Roswell and John Callahan Senior FAA Official (who holds FAA tapes & radar evidence), Prof. Robert Jacobs USAF, Daniel Salter U.S. Air Force Chief Master Sergeant NRO & etc… This is just to name a very few of those involved in the disclosure project. Some of these people were trusted to be in control of some of the US Nuclear Arsenal.

To this day not one network (major or minor) will do a full coverage report on them. They have hard facts and answers that "people in control" of major media do not want broadcasted to the public on a wide scale. These "people in control" have even gone so far as to voice their refusal to use their evidence. This was evidenced by ABC News them selves during the production of Peter Jennings UFOs Seeing Is Believing.

You can read all about this on their site www.disclosureproject.org...

If you have seen DP in the news it will have been a short blurb made to look suspicious.

This thing goes way up the chain of command. Steven Greer has given Special Access Program code name & numbers to sitting CIA directors and other officials and when these Special Access Programs were investigated, directors were told that there was a need-to-know and they did not have that need. Makes you wonder who is really in control if the known controllers are not steering the wagon!! Even Presidents have been told they didn’t have a need to know. Ie: Jimmy Carter (told by Bush Senior) and Clinton…

There is a lot to be uncovered and the evidence is there. But is not going to be given to us and we have to forcefully get it any way we can. I truly believe that powerful forces have gone to great lengths to keep it from us. There will be no silver platter or smoking gun…

top topics

join