It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops say student attacked because of color

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hmm, maybe it's the seeds oif racism was sown centuries ago, in the form of slavery, oppression, discrimnation , segration, etc.. an now it's the harvest, yes? It's wrong on both sides of the friends, but do you know what is it feel like to be a person of colour? No you don''t because you are not one. Then all this resentment builds up, breeding hate and malice. To understand the whole thing you have to be an open minded person and consider what is the facts and core of the whole matter.

Note: will whites be happy, when all other coloured people disappear from the earth, and leave it to their pickings?

Be bless. and be open minded.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Hmm, maybe it's the seeds oif racism was sown centuries ago, in the form of slavery, oppression, discrimnation , segration, etc.. an now it's the harvest, yes?

If that's what it is then why do whites face more racism than Arabs, who enslaved us both?

On that same note, why are Arabs racist towards blacks and whites?
We did not enslave them.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

If that's what it is then why do whites face more racism than Arabs, who enslaved us both?

Whites do not face racism . period. They do not, as a matter of fact, not even in the west. Which they created, because they created the system, what they face maybe resentment. Arabs they did enslave whites? i don't think so, you got your facts screwed, i think it was the north african moors, who invaded europe and taught them , for they will have remained in darkness, up to this day.

Whites know they are privelage, and that's a fact. They do not want to even acknowledge it. Now what i talk is not racist, what I talk is facts, they are indeed. Arabs, don't share the same worldview as the blacks or the whites, or the chinese, or whoever, nor do the blacks hold the same worldview as the whites, But what seems to be the problem is that whaites want everyone to hold the same worldview as them. But we do not have to go along. this way. there can still be hope, for the races to be harmonise, without extinction of one group

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Whites do not face racism . period. They do not, as a matter of fact, not even in the west. Which they created, because they created the system, what they face maybe resentment. Arabs they did enslave whites? i don't think so, you got your facts screwed, i think it was the north african moors, who invaded europe and taught them , for they will have remained in darkness, up to this day.

That's bull# to say that whites do not face racism.
I have faced it myself.
As a child I woulf have black kids throwing rocks at me on my way up to class, calling me white boy and other racial terms and I was subjected to many fights and much intimidation.
As an adult I've had people tell me to my face that they don't like white people.

Racism and racial violence towards whites is very real.
I think racial violence may be even more prevalent towards whites than it is towards blacks.

Regarding the enslavement of whites by Arabs, I did not get my facts screwed. Read the links in my sig.

EDIT:

i think it was the north african moors, who invaded europe and taught them , for they will have remained in darkness, up to this day.

That is also bull#.
Europe was not as backwards as some persons would like us to believe.

At the time the Arabs invaded, the Romans had already built up many areas of Europe, including Spain.
Have you ever heard of the Roman and Byzantine empires?
They were not exactly backwards.

www.andalucia.com...

In their struggle against Carthage, the Romans invaded the peninsula in 206 BC, crushing the resistance of the native Iberians and soon transforming Andalucia into one of their richest and best organised colonies, which they called Betis, crisscrossing the region with paved roads.

Roman galleys sailed up its main river, now called the Guadalquivir, as far as Cordoba, where they took on board amphorae of olive oil and wine for exportation to Rome. Under the Romans, in the 4th century, Spain became a Christian country, and the Spanish language – perhaps the closest modern tongue to Latin – began to take its current shape.

[edit on 26-11-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
That's also bull to not acknowledge, why they do it? it's not racsim, it more resnetment. Can you answer why coloured people hold such views? is it for no reason or is it because they are just plain wicked? No? Please advise

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

That's also bull to not acknowledge, why they do it? it's not racsim, it more resnetment. Can you answer why coloured people hold such views? is it for no reason or is it because they are just plain wicked? No? Please advise

So in your mind blacks can never be guilty of racism towards whites, they are just expressing resentment towards people whose ancestors may or may not have participated in the slave trade?

Would whites be racist or just resentful if they disliked blacks because of something bad that happened in their lifetime, not their great grandparents lifetime?

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Hmm, maybe it's the seeds oif racism was sown centuries ago, in the form of slavery, oppression, discrimnation , segration, etc.. an now it's the harvest, yes? It's wrong on both sides of the friends, but do you know what is it feel like to be a person of colour? No you don''t because you are not one. Then all this resentment builds up, breeding hate and malice. To understand the whole thing you have to be an open minded person and consider what is the facts and core of the whole matter.

So.. you don't even consider caucasions to be a race? I am a person of colour [my skin is pale.. not transparent].. if I wasn't a person of colour I would not have been attacked because of it. So how is this not racism? So quick are you to justify the actions of cowards assaulting a white woman for being a white woman.. they played the race card when they were the racists and now you've done the same on their behalf. My ancestors NEVER had slaves so history is irrelevent.. believe it of not there are 'blacks' who's ancestors have never been enslaved so that excuse is a cop out. Now, If you want to consider my experience to be a strike against the white oppressors or owed 'therapy' for traumas that never happened to their grandfathers be my guess.. though in my book that puts you in the same category as anyone who's ever been called 'Master'.

Note: will whites be happy, when all other coloured people disappear from the earth, and leave it to their pickings?

Not all whites are biggots... this will not change no matter how inconvient it is for your anti-white mud slinging. Perhaps you would have more credibility with preaching the evils of racism when you stop spewing it.

[edit on 27-11-2005 by riley]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hmm, yeah, all racsim is bad, but you know what you guys are just talkers and don't walk the talk, because at the end of the day, you feel white is right, and say that all instances of racsim, that whites feel the brunt of it, if that was so the world will have been a diffrent place for the people of colur will have been ruling and the whites the underdogs. Of course because of diffrences in race , ethnicity, culture, what have you , there will always be diffrences in how we each view the world. sadly non-whites do not share the world views as whites, and will never do. that's the way it spins..

Be bless

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Hmm, yeah, all racsim is bad, but you know what you guys are just talkers and don't walk the talk,

'You guys?' You couldn't even finnish a sentence without being racist.

because at the end of the day, you feel white is right,

You do realise that derogatory generalisations about an entire race is racism don't you? There is no 'wrong' or 'right' race.

of the and say that all instances of racsim, that whites feel the brunt of it, if that was so the world will have been a diffrent place for the people of colur will have been ruling and the whites the underdogs.

'If it were so?' I guess all whites who get abused by non whites must be liars now.
It happens now because we have multicultralism.. blacks didn't become the 'ruling class' because [at that time] they weren't looking to colonise other lands as extensively as the English, Spanish, French etc.. perhaps they didn't have issues with population. I guess Egypt is one example of a powerful black empire though [they apparently originated from Somalia]..they used the Jews as slaves for a few centuries.

Of course because of diffrences in race , ethnicity, culture, what have you , there will always be diffrences in how we each view the world. sadly non-whites do not share the world views as whites, and will never do. that's the way it spins..

What 'white views' are you reffering to?
Who is the rest of the world? Who is classified as being 'coloured'? Chinese, Indians, Cherokee, African, Eskimos, Greeks, Italians, Russians. Iraqis. etc? There are some races that go very dark when they tan.. where do you draw the line? Is this purely an african vs caucasion thing?

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Is this purely an african vs caucasion thing?

Not entirely, you see, you get offended for everything, because truth hurts. do you actually believe the Jews to be a race? that are only white skinned people? I think Judaism, is actually a religion. You see, history has been so muddled up, because one culture or ethnicity feels superior over another . that's why the Japanese feel that way, everyone has their prejudice, I am not stupid. You guys have only seen the rare headlines that make the news. Have you ever been to anyother part of the world where the pale face starngers are upheld as Kings? No u haven't, is that racism? the reason you feel alarmed at this thing called multiculturisim, is your own hidden prejudice. i am not hear to raise a hornet nests, but to point the facts as truth. Those who feel offended, I don't care! because, you need to deny ignorance. why must the nonwhite people see only through the white way? That's the reason , our western soldiers are clashing in the middle eastern country of Iraq, because, it's a feeling of superiority.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Is this purely an african vs caucasion thing?

Not entirely, you see, you get offended for everything, because truth hurts.

No.. I just find redneck rhetoric offensive. The truth is.. most people nowadays don't give a crap about how much melonin is in someone else's skin.
In regards to Jews.. they are a religion and a race.. though some occasionally may convert. In regard to biggots.. they come in all colours. Us 'non-biggots' either just try avoid them or hope they eventually see sense. In this case however I think I'll go for the first option.. good luck with the wanting to be persecuted by whities.. I think it's kind of weird in a sub kind of way but each to their own.

[edit on 27-11-2005 by riley]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

No.. I just find redneck rhetoric offensive. The truth is.. most people nowadays don't give a crap about how much melonin is in someone else's skin.

I never mention a word about redneck, you see, you are getting all hyper! steups! anyway in regards to the quote you said about Judaisim being a race, tell me what colour do they come in white? As far as I know if you dig you rhistory correctly, they come in a variety of colours and ethnicities, the ones most prominent belong to the european jew sect,

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I've got to go with Riley on this...darn ..I'm doing it again Riley!!!

I am not intrested in the colour of your skin or Rileys for that matter. I am intrested in the colour of your heart.
I know white racists ..black ones too. I also know that Jews are racist. I know what is written in sections of the Hebrew Talmud. Orientals can be very racist too. No one has a monopoly on this type of behavior.
For the record..and I have hit up many whites with this thinking because their grasp of history is so poor. The White "race" before about 1500 lived as poorly as any other race documented in recorded history. What ever changed them was not their race..for they always had that. What changed some whites..not all....is thier religion. To credit someones race for progress above and beyond other races is like...stupid....no sorry ..it is beyond stupid..if that is possible. Yet this is the implication some of modern education tries to make in guilt transference for reasons of political brainwashing. It was never a matter of race..because before 1500 whites lived as poor and in some instances...more poor than other races on this earth. Most peoples just cannot take the thinking far enough...and politics will also not allow further thinking...why??? Because they have a institutional investment in racism ..for votes...their votes depend on this thinking being cultivated properly. Politics funds education....ie ..funds racism..while claiming they are against it. Just not when votes are at stake.
Some of you need to be smarter than this. If you watch news and programming carefully you can see them invest in racism..for political purposes. It has become a cottage industry in certain corridors of America. They prey on a easily molded ignorant public in this racism arena.

Once again..it is the colour of a persons heart...which counts. Do not let the world drag you into its cheap version of what they think is important baggage.
I work with several black people who are obvious racists. One of them tries to come across as educated and sophisticated..cultured. I dont hold it against them. As long as they are proficient at their jobs..it matters not to me. I choose not to associate with them off the job...several white ones too. I just dont have time for that baggage. To many other more important things to do with my time.
Crusader...racism is a control mechanism...one in which the body politic has heavily invested. This was obvious during and after the Hurricane Katrina down south. It showed the true colours of the body politic and the usefulness of racism to them.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Im so sick of this!

I think everyone hear would agree that racism is wrong.

I find that the media only likes to show white on black crime. I live in a mix city and have experienced and seen black on white crime. The media never reports when some kid is beaten half to death just because he is white. Flip it around and it is front page news.

When I was in High School a white guy was jumped on his way to school, just because he was white. It never made it on the news. Even tough he was in a coma. His brother found out who did it and they jumped to of the guys who beat his brother. Guess what? Front page news. White on black crime. Never mentioned why it all happened in the first place.

This kind of stuff happens all the time in our society. Makes you wonder.
Why do the media not cover black on white crime? Why do they love white on black crime?

To me it seems the media loves racism, because it gets attention. So why not cover all hate crimes.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Besides I hate the argument on it is all due to slavery.

Whites where slaves here in America to. Yep it is true. White slaves where here first. Shipped from England for being to poor. THey where treated like trash to.

Besides Dutch and English slave traders bought African slaves from other Africans. You could buy a slave for $300. Africa was the slave haven for a 100 years before slaves where brought here.

America needed more slave to harvest the tobacco and African slaves where thought to be more doscil then whites. Slave owners wanted 1 white slave for every 10 African slaves. The white slave would kepp them in line they though. To their surprise white and black slaves saw themselves in the same boat. So they hung out and ran away together. Revolted agianst their masters together. Add this with the poor whistes revolting up north agianst the rich. Also being surrounded by 60,000 Indians too, The elite where scared to death that either the poor whites would join the slaves since some where whit. Or the Indians might help the slaves.

Time to split them up and that is just what they did.

Create a middle class and give them just enough, so they let the elite rule over them. Kepp out the poor, so they cant compete with them for jobs. (Poor=Blacks.) Wrap it up and call it unity.

Poor whites and poor black and poor hispanics, have the most in common.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Crusader...racism is a control mechanism...one in which the body politic has heavily invested. This was obvious during and after the Hurricane Katrina down south. It showed the true colours of the body politic and the usefulness of racism to them.

True orangetom, true, but what breeds racism? fear? stupidity? I am not saying the guy who attack, was right, because it's wrong to assault anyone for the matter, whether they be black, or white, what I am trying to point out is that, yes there are more instances of white on black race hate crimes for the matter. But people will always have that prejudice it doesn't matter, because, that's the way the world runs and it's profitable, the politicians use it, and so do everyone of us, in our everyday lives.

Bless

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I must disagree with you ...not everyone uses racism in thier daily lives. I have seen people use it to advantage. I dont approve of this either. Many people just suffer it quietly. Racism for some has become a cottage industry here in America. Some exploit this for various purposes. This is becoming obvious to many. The media and education is not speaking about this view becasue they too have a investment in it. This is not correct either.
The fear mongering surrounding Mel Gibsons movie "The Passion " was textbook exploitation and fear mongering which turned out to be baseless.

Nevertheless I disagree ..with you ..not everyone uses racism for daily advantage. This is a huge quantum assumption. It is incorrect.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Right, but we experience it from time to time, some on a daily basis, some infrequently., what breeds, it? fear? implantation of hatred taught, and it's deeprooted eons ago? what? why will someone discrimnate against someone because they are black? Is it Perception? have you ever saw the latest football, games, soccer, in europe,club football, where they taunt the dark sin players, why is this?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

have you ever saw the latest football, games, soccer, in europe,club football, where they taunt the dark sin players, why is this?

I've never heard of that before.
Are they taunting them because they are black or are other players also taunted?

Also, I have seen Jay Leno use jokes like 'slow and white' about white athletes. I've also seen people joke about white boxers.

You may not notice these things, just as you don't notice hate crimes against whites, but they do exist. The jokes dont bother me though, I usually think they're funny.

Racial violence and intimidation is the only thing I really have a problem with and I wish the media did not ignore it, especially when it's against whites which they very often ignore.

I don't deny that there still exists racism towards blacks but that's not exlusively from whites, as you may think it is.

Read this quote and then guess who made it:
'They come in our shops, but can't stop stealing something. Niggers can't help it, they have a dirty gene. They are the lowest of the low,'

If you think it was a white person, you are mistaken.
It was a Pakistani, quoted in the article below:
The new colour of British racism

There no point in pretending that whites are always the perpetrators of racism and never the victims or that blacks are always the victims of racism and never the perpetrators.

It's just not true.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Whites know they are privelage, and that's a fact. They do not want to even acknowledge it. Now what i talk is not racist, what I talk is facts, they are indeed. Arabs, don't share the same worldview as the blacks or the whites, or the chinese, or whoever, nor do the blacks hold the same worldview as the whites, But what seems to be the problem is that whaites want everyone to hold the same worldview as them. But we do not have to go along. this way. there can still be hope, for the races to be harmonise, without extinction of one group

While you may not believe your words are racist, and you may believe they are actually factual, you are mistaken on both counts. First, you're discussing the mentality of an entire group of people based simply on their skin color. Webster defines racism as "a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits". You just stated that every white person knows they're privileged. So the white guy born in the gutter with absolutely nothing and never gets a break in his life thinks he's privileged because of his skin color? Or is it that poor white people don't exist?

By the very definition of the word racism, whites across the planet reading your post are experiencing racism, thereby negating your first statement, as well. As long as people continue to focus on skin color, eye color, fingerprint pattern, shoe size, or hair color (all just as irrelevant as skin color) as a determining factor of an individual's personality, goals, and passions, it's going to continue. You may be under the impression that people with lighter skin than others don't experience prejudice because of that, but this impression is false. It probably stems from the media making it culturally and socially acceptable for a black person to call a white person things like skip, cracker, honkey, or any other derogatory racial epithet, but if a white were to call a black a 'n-word', they are vilified as the most terrible creature on the planet. Yes, the word 'n-word' is terrible, derogatory and shouldn't be used because of its history, but the same should apply across the spectrum. What's good enough for one color should be good enough for the others.

So please, explain to me how having a double standard on racism isn't racist itself.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join