It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How U.S. Fell Under the Spell of 'Curveball'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The Iraqi informant's German handlers say they had told U.S. officials that his information was 'not proven,' and were shocked when President Bush and Colin L. Powell used it in key prewar speeches.

LA Times

he German intelligence officials responsible for one of the most important informants on Saddam Hussein's suspected weapons of mass destruction say that the Bush administration and the CIA repeatedly exaggerated his claims during the run-up to the war in Iraq.

Five senior officials from Germany's Federal Intelligence Service, or BND, said in interviews with The Times that they warned U.S. intelligence authorities that the source, an Iraqi defector code-named Curveball, never claimed to produce germ weapons and never saw anyone else do so.

According to the Germans, President Bush mischaracterized Curveball's information when he warned before the war that Iraq had at least seven mobile factories brewing biological poisons. Then-Secretary of State Colin L. Powell also misstated Curveball's accounts in his prewar presentation to the United Nations on Feb. 5, 2003, the Germans said.

Curveball's German handlers for the last six years said his information was often vague, mostly secondhand and impossible to confirm.

"This was not substantial evidence," said a senior German intelligence official. "We made clear we could not verify the things he said."

Curveball was the chief source of inaccurate prewar U.S. accusations that Baghdad had biological weapons, a commission appointed by Bush reported this year. The commission did not interview Curveball, who still insists his story was true, or the German officials who handled his case.

Curveball was the chief source of inaccurate prewar U.S. accusations that Baghdad had biological weapons, a commission appointed by Bush reported this year. The commission did not interview Curveball, who still insists his story was true, or the German officials who handled his case.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Yet More Information about the Weapons of Mass Deception that the Bush Goverment Used in order to Find Approval for the Invasion of Iraq.

This time the German Senior Intelligence Officers show Evidence against the Bush Administration.

Forged Forged Uranium Reports, Forged WMD Evience, Fabircated Al-Qaeda Links.

I wonder if ANYTHING that Bush Administration Says is TRUE...

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The blame game starts. A lot of people are looking at war crimes and death sentences. They are just covering their own azz.

Kill a 100,000 thousand people and you become the World Bank President. Something is very screwed up with this world. You don't count unless you look a certain way. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who you are.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Recently while returning to my bar seat at the Rusty Pelican from the boys room, Norma the bartender noticed my bottle of Corona and said, "ready for another it's half empty?" I said no not yet it is half full. My buddy Wayne sitting beside me said, "Better get another, no telling who drank from it while you were gone!" I said, "Wayne it just as I left it!" He said, "Yeah but they could'a put back what they took!" By now I had finished my beer, Norma comes back by, takes the empty bottle and replaces it with a full one. Another friend named Lee walks up and asks whats going on. Wayne points at me and says,"Someones been drinking his beer." Lee looks at my beer and says, "It looks full to me!" Pedro, my macaw just shakes his head and walks over to the video poker machine. Now without mentioning any names, I'm gonna guess that you'll read this and wonder what the hell I'm talking about. So, I'm gonna go play video poker with Pedro!

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Seriously dude - we are not Interested in your Friday Evenings and your the events in a bar where everybody knows your name. Care to Comment the Topic, or are you again, avoiding that with your extremly Intereresting Stories from your Life...

I bet that your next response is going to be digging in the history of my "Violent" nation.

[edit on 21/11/05 by Souljah]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Dude, he was making an allusion to current events. Just because you don't understand what he was saying doesn't mean there's nothing there.

Personally, I thought it was very well done.

NMS

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Link

Mustard gas and cyanide have been found in river water in the Iraqi city of Nasiriyah, coalition forces said yesterday.

The poisonous substances are believed to have been dumped in the Euphrates either by Iraqi soldiers fleeing from American troops or local factories that produced weapons of mass destruction.

How come you are so forgetful, souljah?

[Mod Edit - Please format you links so they do not stretch across the page. There is even a botton to help ]

[edit on 22/11/05 by JAK]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ofcourse.

Report: No WMD stockpiles in Iraq

Saddam Hussein did not possess stockpiles of illicit weapons at the time of the U.S. invasion in March 2003 and had not begun any program to produce them, a CIA report concludes.

CNN

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Seriously dude - we are Interested in your Friday Evenings and your the events in a bar where everybody knows your name. Care to Comment the Topic in the history of my "Violent" nation with your extremly Intereresting Stories.
I bet your digging

Thanks for the compliments dude and yes I am digging! But I first wanted to comment regarding how easy it is to manipulate information to fit whatever you want the truth to be. There was this young couple that came through town on a Harley sometime ago. They stopped at 'Moma Dips' for a bite to eat. I overheard the young girl complaining about the bugs hitting her in the teeth because she didn't have a shield on her helmet. Well Moma Dip never being one to miss an opportunity to hand out advice said," Why don't you take off your leather jacket and put it on backwards, zip it up and pull the collar over your face?" Thinking this was a great idea, the young girl did just that. Now later that day Cecil, one of our deputies came walking into the Rusty Pelican, saying that he needed a drink. Curious I asked what is wrong. Cecil said that he had just come from this motocycle accident at the county line. I asked if anyone was hurt and he said that the boy was killed out right but the girl was breathing until he and the paramedic tried to turn her head around.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

BAGHDAD, Iraq — A roadside bomb containing sarin nerve agent (search) recently exploded near a U.S. military convoy, the U.S. military said Monday.

Bush administration officials told Fox News that mustard gas (search) was also recently discovered.

There are more.........

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
www.freerepublic.com...

National Security & Defense

WMDs Found in Iraq Posted Nov 9, 2005

Contrary to ongoing reports by mainstream media outlets, WMDs have been found in Iraq, so reports New York Times best-selling author Richard Miniter in his new book, Disinformation.

Consider these shocking facts:

• Found: 1.77 metric tons of enriched uranium

• Found: 1,500 gallons of chemical weapons

• Found: Roadside bomb loaded with sarin gas

• Found: 1,000 radioactive materials--ideal for radioactive dirty bombs

• Found: 17 chemical warheads--some containing cyclosarin, a nerve agent five times more powerful than sarin

Here is some food for thought.....................

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
www.renewamerica.us...

The Iraq Survey Group, or ISG, has found hundreds of activities which were prohibited under United Nations Security Council resolutions. Evidence of chemical, biological and ballistic weapons have indeed all been found yet the mention of these finds seems to fly far under the media's radar. Why?

According to Charles Duefler, a former State Department official as well as deputy chief of the United Nations-led arms inspection teams the types of weapons found are not the specific weapons mentioned by President Bush. " There is a long list of charges made by the U.S. that have been confirmed, but none of this seems to mean anything because the weapons that were unaccounted for by the United Nations remain unaccounted for."

Both Duefler and David Kay, found Iraq had "a clandestine network of laboratories and safe houses with equipment that was suitable to continuing it's chemical-and biological-weapons programs" a senior administration official told Insight Magazine. According to this official inspectors have also found a prison laboratory where intelligence officials suspect biological weapons were tested on human subjects.

Of course these sources are not any good are they Souljah????

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Seriously dude - we are not Interested in your Friday Evenings and your the events in a bar where everybody knows your name. Care to Comment the Topic, or are you again, avoiding that with your extremly Intereresting Stories from your Life...

I bet that your next response is going to be digging in the history of my "Violent" nation.

The "stories" from his bar are on topic Souljah. It's a shame you can't see that something is on topic unless it says"Bush be bad! Muzlumz RulE! Deaf to Amerika!"

Personally, I find his writing style very enjoyable, and a nice change of pace from the usual dry writing I read between this board and class.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Ofcourse.

Report: No WMD stockpiles in Iraq

More reading for you, Souljah.
"Stockpiles" is subjective and found wanting.
"Stockpiles" to you or CNN amounts to a warehouse with blinking neon lights saying: "Look! Warehouse full of stockpiled WMDs...."

Exclusive: Saddam Possessed WMD, Had Extensive Terror Ties
CNSNews.com Publishes Iraqi Intelligence Docs
Saddam and WMDs
UN Confirms: WMDs Smuggled Out of Iraq
Where the WMDs Went

WMDs were found, just not found in the quantities that satisfy proponents that assert that Iraq had no WMDs stockpiles. As such, I suppose that Saddam had no air force either. Oh, thats right, he did, most of his remaining aircraft were found.....buried in the desert....

seekerof

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The first source was defiantly the best it seems to come not from ten but ONE person. It’s almost the same number of real spies who said Iraq had WMDS'S.

I believe (but find it hard to understand) how anyone can believe Iraq had WMD's given that if they did Fox News (no that is not a Liberal channel), Bush plus Rumsfeld and wait... practically the whole of the Bush administration would be pointing these things out in just about every speech they make. But instead they repeat quite a different speech.

Do you think there could be a conspiracy? Could George Bush, Rumsfeld and the Administrations other people be Liberals? Seriously given their (alleged) positions if they are not reporting this sort of information surely there must be something going on?

The stuff about finding 17 chemical shells was true as that was well reported by the media. However it did look like somebody had forgotten to destroy them so it hardly made a case for war. They also found lots of buried WMD's. Trouble is they were rusty, and quite unusable in fact it was verified as an Iraqi attempt to destroy them over TEN YEARS ago.
So maybe that's how these figures were generated?

But to believe Iraq had workable WMD's or at least more than 17 found in the back of an warehouse, is to my mind an insult to human intelligence. Unless of cause Bush is a liberal working for the Liberal New World Order?

I mean maybe America's most powerful man has had no friends whatsoever in the media since the end of the invasion? If so it really is an act of God that the guy got re-elected. Also ferret man (about your sources) I think they should be closed down.
Never mind, how do you counter the points I made?

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman
FOX News

Free Republic

Renew America

And your rhetorical question alludes to them not being good enough for the original poster? Sir, these links are not good for anyone except you and your biased agenda. You havn't been here very long have you?

You will learn.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   

cjf

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

This time the German Senior Intelligence Officers show Evidence against the Bush Administration.
…..
Yet More Information about the Weapons of Mass Deception that the Bush Goverment Used in order to Find Approval for the Invasion of Iraq.

What was the BND stating publicly at the ‘crucial time’?

The BND also believes Iraq still possesses the capacity to resume the production of biological weapons at short notice.

-[snip]-

The BND says it has evidence to suggest the following:

Iraq has resumed its nuclear programme and may be capable of producing an atomic bomb in three years. Work has been observed at the Al Qaim site, believed to be the centre of Baghdad's nuclear programme.

-[snip]-

A Delhi-based company, blacklisted by the German Government because of its alleged role in weapons proliferation, has acted as a buyer on Iraq's behalf. Deliveries have been made via Malaysia and Dubai.
Since the UN inspectors left, the number of Iraqi sites involved in chemicals production has increased from 20 to 80. Of that total, the BND believes a quarter to be involved in making weapons.

Widespread procurement activity has been observed abroad and production of biological weapons could be resumed at short notice. It is possible that production may already have begun.
BBC February 25, 2001

BERLIN (Reuters) - Saddam Hussein may be able to menace Iraq's neighbors with nuclear weapons in three years and fire a missile as far as Europe by 2005, according to a German intelligence assessment made public on Saturday.

The Federal Intelligence Service (BND) has gathered evidence that Baghdad is also stepping up efforts to produce chemical weapons and has increased buying abroad of the inputs needed to make biological weapons.
Rueters. February 24, 2005

Wait… Germany was also arming Iraq?

Iraqi Report Could Prove Damaging to Germany (DW-World.De December 17, 2002)

As far as I am concerned while fingers are being pointed, the majority of the world is responsible for 'messing'-up intellegence and 'meddeling' concerning pre-invasion Iraq.

[edit on 22-11-2005 by cjf]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Again - Evidence FAKED in the First Place, so that Bush&Co could start a War in Iraq. But Everything Related to that was and is FAKED!

Everyone has such a short memory around here.

August 2nd, 1990, Saddam Hussein's forces invaded Kuwait. They quickly took control of the capital, Kuwait City. Saddam's reasons for invading the country stem from the fact that he claimed they were intentionally keeping oil prices down through over-production.

Was this part of the war in Iraq faked? Did President George W. Bush fabricate the invasion of Kuwait? Funny that no one likes to talk about this point anymore. On January 12, 1991 after approval from Congress, the United States along with several UN allies, invades Iraq and retakes Kuwiat. Critics stomp their feet in disgust when President Bush leaves Saddam in power in Iraq. Some of the same critics who are today criticizing our removal of Saddam from Iraq.

After the cease fire, Saddam violated no less than seventeen United Nations Security Council Resolutions. Read the resolutions and count the number of times weapons inspector violations are mentioned. If Saddam didn't have WMDs then why all the fuss about letting the UN weapon inspectors do their job? He had to realize that the cease-fire agreement was just a cease-fire and not an end to the war. For the war to have ended he needed to comply with the weapons inspectors.

The question I have to ask is, are we defending a mad-man who pointed a gun at the authorities simply because the gun was empty and after said mad-man had been witnessed using his weapons successfully to subdue others? It seems that we are.

Iraqi Forces Invade Kuwait

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I wonder if ANYTHING that Bush Administration Says is TRUE...

[A decade after a bloody three-year war gave way to an ethnically divided government, the agreement to overhaul the constitutional structure was signed Monday night after three days of negotiations overseen by U.S. diplomats.]

www.usatoday.com...

Damn meddling Americans are upto it again! I guess we are just suckers for punishment. Since this was overseen by US Diplomats then it has to be
an illusion after all Bush & Co. are nothing but crooks, liars and hulligans.
What do you get when you add one part Croats, one part Serbs and one part Muslems to a helping of Rice?

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
dbates...
1. You say many people who are against the war now were against leaving Saddam in power back in 1991. Rather than that being a bad thing for the anti war lot don't you think this is vindication of wisdom?
After all surely if we had removed him then we would never have needed to start this war to remove him in 2003?
2. You point out that after leaving Saddam in power he (according to U.N) violated no less than 17 resolutions. Like it or not this is the judgment of a corrupt organisation which many nations see as little more than a puppet of the United States.
But of course he violated resolutions (otherwise things like the oil for food scandal would never have occurred). But are things like maintaining long range (conventional) 1980’s and older other such missile’s really a great basis to launch a war? Although in violation of resolutions something like a SCUD missile is hardly a great threat to America’s military might.
Also did you know that countries like Israel are also in violation of many resolutions? (I think it’s a lot more than 17 too).

3. You said “Why all the fuss about the weapons inspectors doing their job?” Could it be to do with the fact that they had been in his country for years and had never declared it WMD free? Certainly in the beginning (like immediately after the Persian Gulf War) there probably had been genuine access problems; but then Iraq did say it had unilaterally disarmed itself of its remaining WMD’s at a later date. This has now been confirmed by the coalition.
But as for your question: Was it not our imminent bombing campaign that caused the U.N inspectors to withdraw before the start of this war?
The Iraqi government did not kick them out, although they did back in 1998 precisely because the U.N team was doing nothing at a time when the country was still being bombed almost daily. Also some U.N weapons inspectors were discovered to be spies shortly before that time.

4. Maybe Saddam was mad. But if he was it was because he believed the U.N he believed the United States. What I mean is that by unilaterally disarming his country of WMD’s (in accordance with the Gulf War treaty) he opened his country up to invasion, he put himself in a position where sanctions could stay and there wasn’t much he could do about it. And according to U.N these sanctions killed over a million people (and that is far more than the numbers he is alleged to have killed through OPPRESSION in over 30 years of power).

If Saddam was mad at least he kept his country together; and (before the Sanctions) it was under his leadership that Iraq’s people enjoyed over 92% literacy and living standards close to those in the West. Currently we are failing miserably on both those accounts (particularly unity) so how “mad”-troublesome does that make us?

5. Personally I think that defending any truth (be it about Saddam or anything else under the Sun) is not defending them, rather the truth itself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join