It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO-It's Worse Than You Think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Interesting article. The news over the past few weeks really has not been focused on NOLA or the South.

Here is a story from Time, it should get you up to speed on the problems post Katrina

Sunday, Nov. 20, 2005
New Orleans Today: It's Worse Than You Think

Neighborhoods are still dark,
garbage piles up on the street, and bodies are still being found.

The city's pain is a nation's shame
By CATHY BOOTH THOMAS NEW ORLEANS

www.time.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I actually just talked to an Army reserve, who went down to N.O. for the rescue. The stories he tells are just ones of utter confusion even within their own unit. Not to mention how corrupt the police force down their became. He saw a sheriff trade a badge and a shirt for a box of RUM.!

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If anyone watched 60 minutes last nigt there was a big follow up on new orleans. It's incredible how much devistation. They were talking with N.O. building inspectors who both looked like they wanted to break down and cry during the interviews.

One of the guys actually did tear up when they went into his house and showed the devistation there.

It's like the freaking apocolypse down there and probably will be for the next five to seven years.

Hang in there new orleans I'll be down as soon as possible to pour money into your economy and hurricanes down my gullet.

SPiderj

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scyman
I actually just talked to an Army reserve, who went down to N.O. for the rescue. The stories he tells are just ones of utter confusion even within their own unit. Not to mention how corrupt the police force down their became.

Scyman,

Speaking as a former resident of New Orleans (I left years before the storm), the NOPD was corrupt long before Katrina came along. So are some of the politicians. Sad, but very true.

new topics

top topics

join