It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Failed Exit Policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Watch as Bush attempts to make an exit. Let's hope the Iraq exit policy works out better.

Any bets on how long it takes before somone makes this pic their avatar?

[edit on 21-11-2005 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I seen this clip on a morning talk show this morning; how funny is that image. This is just another where Bush portrays himself as a knucklehead. Sure it is just bad luck that the door would be locked; but come on, as the president you should have enough charisma to handle the situation. He stood their like a 2 year old who just soiled himself.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You know, this is the sort of thing that happens to people all the time. It would certainly happen to all of us if we found ourselves in as many unfamiliar circumstances as the President finds himself. Personally, I think he handled the situation pretty well. There is one thing that the President does better than most people of his stature. He can laugh at himself, which to me is the single most important indicator of a person's character.

Any of us who, if photographed as often as the President, would produce just as many odd facial expressions. It would be the proper thing for the media to avoid displaying most of those pictures, but instead the media publish the very worst of the worst. I would just like for those who make so much fun of Mr. Bush to just ask yourselves how often you do just the same kinds of things and which of you would like to have 20 or so photographers always present to document them for worldwide distribution.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Still, not as bad as going to China and throwing up at dinner. (Remember what his dad did?) Yeah, the journalist always love getting the most idiotic pose.

journalist photographer = glorified paparazzi.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Grady you are exactly right. I am not a fan of Bush but this is one trait that I do appreciate. I do enjoy that the man can laugh at himself, but could it be that he has so many blunders that this is just his only way of dealing with it? I just think a man of his stature should have alittle more charisma, but again we all cant be perfect. As a person, I like Bush.. he seems to be a regular joe who makes all the mistakes we all do. I just dont agree with some of his policies which probably leaves me biased to these mishaps.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well, obviously, there is fair game and unfair game, if you will. Bush's policies are fair game. His character is fair game. His being human is not and exploiting his humanness is purely mean-spirited. I'm not accusing dbates of being mean-spirited because there clearly was humor in this situation and the President did his best to make the best of a very awkward situation. Charisma and character are not always positively correlated and given a choice, I will take character every time.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think the best thing for the President to have done would have been to show a little grace and style under pressure and answer the questions.

But he chose to "cut and run"

What would have been the reaction, if this had of happened to Clinton? hmmm...My guess is that the conservatives would have painted slick willy with the same brush as The President has been sloshed with.

top topics

join