It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I hit a breaking point. In my search for anything God I found myself sick with details. I watch so many people talk with so many views and rules. I feel like I entered Discordia rather than a step closer than religion. When I first really opened myself up to anything God I tried to look at many religions and peoples views and I just couldn['t take it. There are so many books out there so many religions and all of them seem to think they are right and the other is wrong. Judiasm doesn['t belive in Jesus. Some people thing Jesus is a legend passed over time. Than I see the Chinese,Japanese,Indians,etc and I am left with an empty thought of does anyone really have any idea!

Next up I see all these people that take more faith in alien life but there is no God. Well who made the aliens?

Than I know many of you spend a lot of time going back and forth about the bible and I see a million quotes of scripture back and forth and I like God what is this all this back and forth debate and overly detailed bit on God. It just seems like the disection process of more and more detail just causes to much confusion for people like me that are lost from it all.

Than with Catholic and Christians it just seems like there is more hardcore ruling than what God is. I know everyone can say well the bible doesn['t say that but the people do...tons of them.

I see so many people full of hate for many of these religions than I see so many people that have spent more time of thought on the latest Ipod than what really counts. I see people take more belief in alien life than God life? The smartest person I could find I talked to him about everything and I saw more doubt in God than Aliens. Anyway who made the damn aliens no matter what and if they are?

Also evolution? Did we just evolve over a million years from a blob that formed after some explosion and chemical process?

I like to think and pray to God if he is listening to forgive me if I am on the wrong path and think the masses have lesser understanding than I but if there is any mercy to please just shed some light on it all. Send Jesus down or Mohammad whatever anything. 2nd coming antichrist I don['t care I just need a truth.

Don['t get me wrong I think I found truth within but still it bothers me so many people are all over the place or lost caring at all. Some may say well why do you care. Well I don['t know! I have always cared more than the average Joe about people of the world and where we can go united. All this seperation and disagreement makes me sick.

Than on top of seperation I see that something to do with the antichrist is a united or universal religion. WHY I cry out WHY? Would that be satan if we all connected on some level of love for God? Maybe I don['t understand but that is what I have seen posted countless of times.

I have a snowball effect happening in me of what can I do. Can I pray? Can I help by thinking about it? I read some Indian prophericies on ATS and the poster stated that the writter said one thought can change many things in this world. Maybe it can? I have hope...Maybe its like an unseen radio signal sent to everyone. Anyway I care so much and I can['t stop caring and thinking about other people. Why I dont know I guess its natural. I am left wondering what I can do what can I really do. I want to do more than think,pray and post a message on the internet about one man's cares of the world. I also don't want to hold a picket at some rally to change the war. I dont know if I will ever find an answer or some almost super natural method to give me the power to help the world but I can at least look. I guess in a world with millions of books and generations the typical thought would be if one man could change teh world it would have been done....is this true?

Anyway I think I have achieved enlightment to the highest forms but I am left with wanting more for people and I mean all people Christians,Jews,catholics,Hindu,Muslims and all the rest I can['t spell or don['t feel like googlin

Anyway if anyone actually cares enough they are still reading one mans message to the world. Do you feel my pain? Do you care? About me? About the people in Iraq,Iran N. Korea and every other country where people are hurt everyday..Can we do anything? Will you try?

So much time is spent eachday showing others how you have the answers well if so I have the above question none of us have thought about answering.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You sound exactly like I did 3 years ago - confused, frustrated and looking for help.

The only way I advise you is to tell you to be honest with yourself at all times, to ask questions to others and God humbly, with patience.

The truth doesn't come all at once, but when understanding grows - some sort of truth inevitably follows.

Just don't fall into the trap of pride, humility is the way - when you place too much emphasis on what you 'believe' to be the truth, that is when arguments occur and thus more frustration and more questions.

Good luck anyway.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike
I hit a breaking point. In my search for anything God I found myself sick with details. I watch so many people talk with so many views and rules. I feel like I entered Discordia rather than a step closer than religion.
I have felt that very same way--it was dismaying to the point of almost wanting to just throw up my hands and forget anything to do with any of it.

But I could not turn my back on the only thing that has ever been truly a driving force in my life: truth. And so I learned a valuable lesson, in order to remain sane and proceed along my given path: all that is outside of your being--if you try to reconcile it with what is within--will only cause discord and can never be smoothly fitted into some form of inner peace. Inner peace is literally only available within the individual.

The world will never be as orderly as your inner man is destined to eventually become.

When I first really opened myself up to anything God I tried to look at many religions and peoples views and I just couldn’t take it.

It's a direct route to true madness, no doubt! Let it go.

I am left with an empty thought of does anyone really have any idea!

Yes.

You do.

Trust in that.

Next up I see all these people that take more faith in alien life but there is no God. Well who made the aliens?

My thoughts exactly!

It just seems like the dissection process of more and more detail just causes to much confusion for people like me that are lost from it all.

Reading your posts, I do not understand you to be 'lost from it all' in the least! You are more grounded by the root than you perhaps realize. Maybe what might help is diminishing the value that you place on the thoughts and ideas of other men and philosophies as concerning you own personal spiritual pursuit--no one can show you the answer, and no one can lead you home. Only One can do that, and He is within you -- and you can only find Him there in a solitary quest -- and in that way, you will never be truly alone.

I like to think and pray to God if he is listening to forgive me if I am on the wrong path and think the masses have lesser understanding than I but if there is any mercy to please just shed some light on it all.

Of course He is listening--I doubt there is anything to forgive, since you obviously value only His truth and His commandments of loving your fellow man. It shows in your posts.

Send Jesus down or Mohammad whatever anything. 2nd coming antichrist I don't care I just need a truth.

Perhaps you are looking so hard that you are overlooking that which He has dispatched for your edification and confirmation? Perhaps the light shines so brightly in your face that you have been temporarily blinded but not disabled?

Don't get me wrong I think I found truth within but still it bothers me so many people are all over the place or lost caring at all.

Yes, I totally relate...the fact that you care so much is proof that what you have found is really the truth. It will bother you more and more. It hurts more than anything to love those whom you have never met and whom it seems you have no way to give anything to, at all. That is one aspect of the nature of the suffering so often spoken of in the NT.

Some may say well why do you care. Well I don't know! I have always cared more than the average Joe about people of the world and where we can go united. All this separation and disagreement makes me sick.

Because you are truly of God!
  • (1 John 2:5)But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
  • (1 John 2:15) Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
  • (1 John 3:17) But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
  • (1 John 3:10) In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
  • (1 John 3:21) Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
  • (1 John 4:12) No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
  • (1 John 4:16) And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
  • (3 John 1:5) Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers;

Than on top of separation I see that something to do with the antichrist is a united or universal religion. WHY I cry out WHY? Would that be Satan if we all connected on some level of love for God? Maybe I don't understand but that is what I have seen posted countless of times.

Satan is not something outside of God or God’s purpose for mankind—Satan is in God’s employ and is just as important as Christ. Without the adversary, we’d have no challenge or conflict to learn from and overcome. It is actually for the express purpose of ultimate unity that both Christ and the adversary were appointed their roles—Satan does not cause man to ‘sin’ or transgress against the truth—his job is to provide the setting for the proving ground we all must cross on our way to the kingdom—to tempt is only to challenge, to spark the idea of opportunity, and to test.

I have a snowball effect happening in me of what can I do.

Truly, you must let it go.

Can I pray?

You must—without ceasing.

To pray is not just to send but to also receive (listen).

Can I help by thinking about it?

You can help your own inner peace by mediating upon these things—and God will let you know what you need to understand in order to find peace in a world that is nourished by strife.

I read some Indian prophecies on ATS and the poster stated that the writer said one thought can change many things in this world. Maybe it can?

Thoughts are truly powerful! As are the words we speak, each and every one of them. They are far more significant than what most understand—and positive energy breeds positive effects and vice versa. Therefore it is imperative that even our thoughts are generous and truly charitable toward ourselves and one another—a small effort to start out with is made perfect by God when your heart shows its sincerity and love throughout your every encounter with others, both literal and in your mind.

I have hope...Maybe its like an unseen radio signal sent to everyone.

I think it is!

Anyway I care so much and I can't stop caring and thinking about other people. Why I don’t know I guess its natural.

Yes, that’s the true essence of the spirit which gives us life—it’s not ‘natural’ in regard to the material world, but it is natural on the ultimate and higher level of true reality.

We are all one—we are all from the one source of earth (mother) and spirit (God the Father).

[color=#FF3333]If we do not care for each other, who will care for us?

I am left wondering what I can do what can I really do.

Just love everyone in every way you can, every moment of the day. At every opportunity, give what you are able to give—without thinking of yourself—and be discreet about it. The little things seem inconsequential—but really, we are all little in this great big world—and God knows our abilities and our hearts.

To do what we can, minute by minute, is all that He has charged us to do. Success in serving the truth is not measured in quantity or even quality but in sincerity and whole-heartedness.

I don’t know if I will ever find an answer or some almost super natural method to give me the power to help the world but I can at least look.

All I can say is that I continue to look every day!

I guess in a world with millions of books and generations the typical thought would be if one man could change the world it would have been done....is this true?

It is true.

And it has been done—what was required to make it happen was 'finished' 2000 years ago-- and while we don’t see it in the present time, that which is not evident now (or seen only in small bits and pieces, here and there, for this one or that one scattered among the rest of the world) will become more and move evident as we go on--to everyone in every way. The world is already on its way toward being fully exposed to the light—and despite appearances, the days of darkness have been numbered and are dwindling even as I type this.

Anyway I think I have achieved enlightment to the highest forms but I am left with wanting more for people and I mean all people Christians, Jews, catholics, Hindu, Muslims and all the rest I can't spell or don't feel like googling

I feel ya…. Truly.

But, just remember that no matter how enlightened the present time seems (in comparison to your past)—there will come a day when even the light of right now will seem quite dim in retrospect.

Don’t ever distrust or devalue the light you have already found—and don’t ever be content with its brilliance, because there is always more to come if you remain receptive. Somewhere along the way you will find the understanding that will bring relief and solace to your soul in the matters which now trouble due to the compassion and empathy you have for other people.

Things really are 'all good'—God has it all under control and while it is hard to see or believe, right now, it will all be made right for all of us, in the end.
Whatever is, no matter how it seems, is working mysteriously for the eventual good of the whole human race. All is as it should be--and that is something that can only be said by trusting in the Sight and Power that creating us all.

Anyway if anyone actually cares enough they are still reading one mans message to the world. Do you feel my pain? Do you care? About me? About the people in Iraq, Iran, N. Korea and every other country where people are hurt everyday..

I do feel your pain, japike, and I do care—about you and everyone else.

Can we do anything? Will you try?

In a way, we can do something….but on the other hand, it has actually all been done. What is left for us to do is to love and to give, and to seek reunion with one another on the higher level of brotherhood. I do my best to do what I understand is my part in this endeavor, although, for the most part, my efforts are quiet and hidden to others (because that is just the way God works within us and through us) yet I literally can see the effects of love and charitable efforts upon both myself and others…

So much time is spent each day showing others how you have the answers well if so I have the above question none of us have thought about answering.

I don’t think it is within our power to answer this ‘question.’ But it has been definitely given to us in so that we do ask…

...part of the 'BIG QUESTION'?

[edit on 11/21/2005 by queenannie38]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I came in this thread looking to help someone, but I can relate so much to what you're saying it's unreal. Like, wow.

[edit on 22-11-2005 by asala]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron
I came in this thread looking to help someone, but I can relate so much to what you're saying it's unreal. Like, wow.

This is the second time I've tried to vote queenannie for Way Above Top Secret, only to find out I've already done so

I've sent you a U2U japike, I hope it helps.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron

This is the second time I've tried to vote queenannie for Way Above Top Secret, only to find out I've already done so

I've sent you a U2U japike, I hope it helps.

Good point.

*Uses his vote*

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Japike, I honestly can say that I wanted to send you a U2U a few months ago when you first appeared on the boards, you are obviously a born truthseeker and many of your posts have intrigued me greatly. From my observation you do what a lot of us do from time to time, you overload yourself with information.

Take queenannie's advice, she is right on, continue seeking truth, trust in yourself and the Creator as he really does have it all under control, love your brothers and realize that all these obstacles are nothing more than tests to strengthen you, your on the right path my friend, trust me.

If you ever want to chat jap than by all means send me a U2U, I would love to discuss anything with you, I'm not the best at relaying my thoughts all the time but if you get me interested I can really get into it.

Good point.

*Uses his vote*

ditto

Peace,

Jim

[edit on 11/21/2005 by JKersteJr]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Sensitive people, who are blessed or cursed with empathy often embrace the Oriential philosophies as a defence mechanism. You need not forsake any of your core beliefs to gain a little perspective of the human condition.

Lao Tzu "Genius of the Absurd" saved my butt!

Peace

edit for another suggestion on a enlightening author; James Thurber

[edit on 21-11-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
At some point, you'll have to let it all go
andbecome what you seek.

When you change, you'll then change your world.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

No one, they evolved just like us, ok well obviously not exactly like us, but they evolved.

But I'm not getting into that argument.

But, as some others have said already, just trust your instincts and believe what you feel is the truth.
Thats the best thing you can do.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Than I see the Chinese,Japanese,Indians,etc and I am left with an empty thought of does anyone really have any idea!

No, they don't! That in itself should be quite a catharsis I would think. If you continue down this path of seekng truth, you will likely take one of two roads. The first road is wide and easy. It leads to a nicely prepackaged system of faith decorated with shiny ribbons and loudspeakers declaring it to be true. You may be quite content there sitting back in your easy chair being told how difficult life is for you. But you will likely always wonder where that other road led.

The other road has never been charted and may lead nowhere at all. If you choose it, you have to learn to enjoy the road itself, and quit caring about where it leads. Even if you finally reach what you think is the end, after a while you may notice a little unmarked trail leading away from that end point that you hadn't noticed before. The wanderlust will keep you hiking.

Which is it? The destination, or the journey?

[edit on 21-11-2005 by spamandham]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Than on top of seperation I see that something to do with the antichrist is a united or universal religion. WHY I cry out WHY? Would that be satan if we all connected on some level of love for God? Maybe I don['t understand but that is what I have seen posted countless of times.

the point you may be missing here is that in a one world antichrist religion there is not love for the one, true God, but a false god.

I like to think and pray to God if he is listening to forgive me if I am on the wrong path and think the masses have lesser understanding than I but if there is any mercy to please just shed some light on it all. Send Jesus down or Mohammad whatever anything. 2nd coming antichrist I don['t care I just need a truth.

Well Jesus (YAHSHUA) said that whoever hungers and thrists for righteousness will be filled. And YAHVEH has NOT said "seek me in vain"... HE says "seek and you WILL find"

Anyway, click on the bottom two links in my sig and then u2u me if anything rings true to you!

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
Which is it? The destination, or the journey?

Without a destination in mind, there is no journey to embark upon...

...and the end of any journey becomes its destination.

There is no true duality, even to the vagabond.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Without a destination in mind, there is no journey to embark upon...

There is a destination in mind, but you don't know if you'll ever reach it. You have to be satisfied simply trying to reach it if you choose that path.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I hit a breaking point. In my search for anything God I found myself sick with details.

I've been where you are, infact most people who ARE searching will find themselves feeling overwhelmed. But God is overwhelming! And so are his people. Religions can be very overwhelming especially since they usually differ and even conflict with eachothers beliefs and ways according to the Lord etc etc..

The one thing that I can advise personally is to focus your heart and mind on the Lord Jesus Christ. Give all your glory to Him. When "we" think about Satan or the AntiChrist we are giving those entities power with our own minds, because we are glorifying them/it. Seriously, when I completely stopped thinking about, and talking about Satan or anything to do with it, and instead started thinking about and talking about Jesus, I found peace of mind and my confusion about certain things to do with life and even death diminished.

Anyway, find a place between you and God that is comfortable for YOU, look around and see the good things and even the bad for what they truly are. And whenever you find yourself feeling confused, Simply ask the Lord to take away your confusion, because some things are just not even worth stressing over at all. What we see is such a small piece of a much greater picture, really.

top topics

join