It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson flashes Sign of the Devil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Is he even a Christian?

Pat Robertson, the so-called voice of Christian America, has again been caught 'El Diablo red handed' flashing occult and satanic hand signals during his show.

During Thursday morning's 700 Club program Robertson could clearly be seen displaying the El Diablo hand gesture towards the end of the broadcast.

There you have it, another fake Christian trying to lead real Christians astray. True Bible-believing Christians are against any NWO or one-world religion.

Robertson is just another Bushbot NWO shill.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
His positions and history are actually more telling than errant hand gestures.

He funneled arms money to the Contras for Reagan, was a failed faith healer for a short time, of course made all the outrageous terrorist statements everyone knows about and has claimed on occassion he was temporarily "possessed" by a demon in a Seattle hotel room.

That's pretty bad. I've only done two of those things.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If you read on in that article, Robertson doesn't mind China's forced-abortion policy, which is a huge human rights violation.

Bottom line, he's a hypocrite. I have a list of more hypocrites:

Billy Graham
Jerry Falwell
Paul and Jan Crouch

That's to name a few.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
and has claimed on occassion he was temporarily
"possessed" by a demon in a Seattle hotel room.

Oh reeeeeeeeeeeeeally? hmmm Sounds interesting.
Anyone have a link with this info on it? I'd like to read about it.

BTW - it IS a symbol of the Texas Long Horns so I don't think it
means anything that G.W. and Laura did it when the Texas
bands went by on inauguration day. But it IS funny that so many
preachers have gotten their pictures taken doing it.

[edit on 11/21/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I don't like robertson at all, but this is meaningless

He's not even doing the sign. They took a freeze frame from a video that is similar to the sign, he's obviously in the middle of talking and gesturing.

Even the other preachers 'caught' doing it are stills from video sequences, they are just talking and moving about and they've picked the ones that look like the sign.

Here they are saying he is giving a masonic "Sign of the Fellow Craft"

But, of course, don't bother to show that this is actually any sort of sign. And as far as them being anti-christian, the very same degree that they allude to above has

and requires them to swear by god, the bible, the saints, the whole shebang. Hardly anti-christian and evil.

Perhaps it would be better to look at Jones as actually being the one doing anti-christian things.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

and has claimed on occassion he was temporarily
"possessed" by a demon in a Seattle hotel room.

Oh reeeeeeeeeeeeeally? hmmm Sounds interesting.
Anyone have a link with this info on it? I'd like to read about it.

Pat Robertson: A Question of Sanity

Excerpt from "Pat's Perspective -- Christians and Demonic Influence", Pat Robertson, 2001 www.patrobertson.com

"I recall an incident from my own life when I was staying in a motel near Seattle, Washington. One morning, when I was in that stage between sleep and waking, an awful depression seized me. I felt that everyone was against me, that people around me were failing, and that everything I was doing was falling to pieces. Discouragement overwhelmed me like a dark cloud."

"As I struggled to wake up, I realized I was under demonic attack. I immediately took control over it and said, "Satan, in the name of Jesus, I cast you forth." The minute I said that, my mind was free and my despair was gone. I realized later that the Seattle-Tacoma area led the nation in suicides. The spirit that was coming upon me was a suicidal spirit, the sort of influence that would lead to such depression that a person would wish to kill himself. I was in an area where many had been gripped by this kind of demon."

- Pat Robertson, 2001

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
But, of course, don't bother to show that this is actually any sort of sign.

As Edgar Allan Poe said, the best place to hide things is out in the open.

Besides, I thought the Hook 'Em Horns was with just the thumb and pinky up. I remember when I was in first grade, my mother told me that sticking your index and pinky fingers up meant something bad--she didn't elaborate though.

I doubt that we have Texas Longhorns fans all around the world....

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hook 'em horns. University of Texas Longhorns.

In the parlance of my times, also used to express when someone's full of BS. (Hence, the bull horns).

I've also heard it referred to as used when suggesting someone "go to hell". (Devil horns).

Co opted by the heavy metal crowd as a satanic sign. Ozzzzy!! Duuuude!!

And sometimes your hands just do that. You don't have to be possessed or anything. I promise.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
well, I always thought that the inded finger and pinky finger pointed up meant heavy metal. I do it all the time at Pantera concerts. I am a catholic to. Means nothing to me.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
RIDICULOUS! If you talk on camera enough, and you gesticulate the way you are supposed to for good communications habits... if you do this long enough, you will eventually be able to freeze a single frame where you appear to have your fingers raised just so. It's natural to stick that pinky out when you point up... gesturing to God maybe... pointing up is obviously what he was doing... GET REAL PEOPLE!

[edit on 11/21/05 by Geneticus]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Does it really matter? He's going to hell anyways for doing god's work. Keeps praying to god to kill people and so far has had his prayers answered. he prayed to god to kill the SC, he got one dead and another left before god could strike her down. I wouldn't jest at this guy for he may pray to god to kill you now.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
You think these Guys are Connected?

They meet at the Annual Satan Worshipping Meeting at the Bohemian Groove?

And His Wife - 1st Lady of the United States:

And his Daughter...

Hmmmmm....

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
yeah 'hmm' they must be devil worshippers because of some ridiculous hand signal and the rantings of the fanatical christian right.

but whats it matter if its lies, propaganda, and distortion, when its political expedient eh?

Originally posted by Amethyst
Besides, I thought the Hook 'Em Horns was with just the thumb and pinky up.

He's not doing whatever they do for the long horns from wherever. He's talking. Look at the gesture of the hand. Its not a held position. He's talking and gesticulating, not giving the devil sign to demonstrate his evil allegiance.

I remember when I was in first grade, my mother told me that sticking your index and pinky fingers up meant something bad

Its just the devil sign, or the goat head.

ROCK N FRICKIN ROOOOOOLLL MAN! WOOOOHHOOOOOO!

[edit on 21-11-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Let's see what this sign means.

Mano Cornuto

Mano Cornuto, Il Cornuto

Goat of Mendes

The Horns of Cernunnos

In the modern Neo-Pagan movements, of which Wicca is the most notable, the worship of the Horned God has been revived. The adherents generally follow the life-fertility-death cycle for Cernunnos, though his death is now usually set at Samhain, the Celtic New Year Festival usually taking place on October 31.
A major difference between the historical and the Neopagan versions of Cernunnos is that the latter tends to figure phallic symbolism, merged in from Pan and from the Eliphas Levi depiction of Baphomet.

Homeland Stupidity, UTX

Looks like Bohemian Grove paganistic clean fun to me.

[edit on 22-11-2005 by yanchek]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
He's just saying " If its good enough for Bush and family, its good enough for me"

Beware of false prophets.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Excerpt from "Pat's Perspective -- Christians and Demonic Influence", Pat Robertson, 2001 www.patrobertson.com

I realized later that the Seattle-Tacoma area led the nation in suicides. The spirit that was coming upon me was a suicidal spirit, the sort of influence that would lead to such depression that a person would wish to kill himself. I was in an area where many had been gripped by this kind of demon."

Oh Lord help us all. So he is now 'sensitive' to the spirit of the
area and that effects his moods? So if he were to visit the big island
of Hawaii would he wig out and go killing people because of the human
sacrifices that had been there years ago?

He also doesn't understand the clinical aspects of depression. Sure,
I believe that sometimes spirits can influence a person, but more often
than not depression and suicide is CLINICAL and can be tracked with
science and medicine.

Thanks for the post RANT. You peaked my interest when
you mentioned it.

[edited to correct quote coding -nygdan]

[edit on 22-11-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Robertson was--AS USUAL!!!--displaying his really amazing ignorance. The kinds of emotions and hallucinations experienced by many sane, NONPOSSESSED people in the state between sleeping and waking are called hypnopompic and hypnogagic hallucinations. They are perfectly normal, experienced during this kind of "twilight" sleep, and if Robertson had the brain of a turnip he would have known that.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I know this is late, but I guess ALL presidents are "in" it.

www.abovetopsecret.com... " target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am a Fellowcraft Mason and there is no such sign.

It is however funny how people make things up about Freemasons.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I should have known it would be on Prison Planet.

So, all the Longhorn fans are really devil worshipers too, eh? Interesting how the article failed to mention that Bush was doing the Longhorn sign to fellow Longhorn fans in his photo. What nonsense. Proves that Prison Planet is an unreliable news source, no better than the Weekly World News and Batboy.

***Note: My apologies to all the Batboy Fans.***

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Now I could really take off on a rant here, but I will try and refrain. A supposed hand gesture is the least of the problems with these snakes. Televangelists are nothing more than crooks! How many of them have been exposed already! Case and point, one night while channel surfing I came upon one of them looking and pointing his finger into the camera telling viewers that the rapture was coming soon and those that had money in the bank would be left to face hell on earth! He was yelling that it was God's money in the bank and he would want that money sent in to his crusade to save the filthy masses....they disgust me!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join