It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: SAS mission to kill a Baghdad suicide squad

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Was this Smart in the first place?

Now Everybody knows the SAS Tactic in dealing with Suicide Squads - including the Suicide Squad Learders.

They might want to Change their Tactic now...

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
always have been someone that likes the way the SAS handle them selves good topic

perfect strike with 0 fatalties for cuvilian's

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

stumason - REME, are they engineers or something else ?

They be engineers. Best in the Business too.....

REME

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Now Everybody knows the SAS Tactic in dealing with Suicide Squads - including the Suicide Squad Learders.

What is the SAS tactic ? To kill them all without zero civilian casualties ? Sounds like a tactic they wouldn't want to change.
Now every suicidal insurgent will be looking around thinking at any time they could be put to sleep, sooner than expected.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
What is the SAS tactic ? To kill them all without zero civilian casualties ? Sounds like a tactic they wouldn't want to change.
Now every suicidal insurgent will be looking around thinking at any time they could be put to sleep, sooner than expected.

I dont think we Understood Each Other.

There is a Diagram, showing the Tactic of the SAS Squad.

Maybe Next Time there will be Insurgent Snipers on the Roofs, waiting for the SAS Snipers.

You understrand my point?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

^^^^ Implosion - Hmm nice informative post
Anymore pearls of wisdom

stumason - REME, are they engineers or something else ?

I was merely showing my support to the member who didn't think this was the place for jingoistic tub thumping, or any other political claptrap. In my humble opinion, perpetrators of such nonsense are the worst sort of monkey. REME stands for Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers. That any better?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

There is a Diagram, showing the Tactic of the SAS Squad.

Maybe Next Time there will be Insurgent Snipers on the Roofs, waiting for the SAS Snipers.

You understrand my point?

That diagram is incredibly basic and doesn't give anything away. As for insurgent snipers
They really aren't that proficient, SAS/Delta snipers could take them out at many times the range that the insurgents could, bearing in mind that they have eyes in the sky as well.
Also, every situation is different.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Right on!!

Like AMM said, I would not want these guys hunting me down.

Maximu§

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

That diagram is incredibly basic and doesn't give anything away. As for insurgent snipers
They really aren't that proficient, SAS/Delta snipers could take them out at many times the range that the insurgents could, bearing in mind that they have eyes in the sky as well.
Also, every situation is different.

You might be Right - the Eyes in the Sky help them alot.

But this Conflict is a very Different from any in the Past and the Evolution of Warfare is greatly shown on both fighting sides.

So, it would not surprise me, thats all.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Propaganda anyone?

As far as I know the SAS is usually very secretive about anything and everything. The Navy Seals even let someone do a small docu on them, the same guys also asked SAS to be on the docu but they declined.

Anyway, it's a fairly tiny "victory" imo ... and they left out the super cyborg commando ninjas this time

[edit on 21/11/2005 by SwearBear]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Personally, I am surprised that no one has complained about killing suspected suicide bombers. After all , some of the more liberal thinking posters might say that they hadn't committed any crime yet! Or they might say that it is not against Iraqi law to sit around with explosives strapped to one's chest.

All I can say is
Good Shooting. Cheers to the brave lads in the S.A.S

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Oh yes, they can't use snipers any more because they used them here.

Brilliant thinking Souljah!

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
What's with the baiting of ATS members by a certain group? Why are you surprised that there isn't uproar from your ficticious rabid left "west-haters"? This disappoints you? I bet you clicked this link wanting to see some of that crap.

The SAS did their job. Forget that they did it well, that's their job. They are the best in the world, wrote the book, and trained the rest. Nuff said.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
gotta love the newspapers...

hate to spoil your fun.... story is very nice .. notice i say story... like a mills and boon.. makes you feel all warm inside.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Fair enough Yeehaa. But when it comes to accepting news, between you and the telegraph, I think I'll go with the telegraph. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I happen to agree with [devilwasp] on this one for the moment. I had always thought that the SAS were pretty tight lipped on their activities. If this is indeed true, buy them a beer. On the flip side, it could be part of their phy.ops disinformation program. I'd need more proof and then if the question is if it is true, I wonder how many more people have had their day screwed up due to the SAS?

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Fair enough Yeehaa. But when it comes to accepting news, between you and the telegraph, I think I'll go with the telegraph. Thanks.

I aint gonna disagree with you bud, believe what you can see and touch and smell i was taught.

Telegraph has history of giving out SAS stories, its not like they find out though some super dooper reprter, they are discreatly told and ask to print said stories.
Do a search on there website, you maybe amazed how many stories you find. Theres 2 sides to all propaganda, we lie they lie, the truths blurred somewhere in the middle.

I have it on good authority the next big scoop will be some marine sniper with a 100kills + just to out do this iraq sniper Juba.

Of Course the Iraqi snipers real and from what ive been told theres atleast 4 of them, all trained by the US and UK, not only are they extremely good, but the inside info the insgurents have makes our intel look like we still in the medievil days.
Is the marine sniper going to be real? unlikey but its our propaganda. and we like to hear good stories and uplifting news about iraq, and god help both our goverments they sure need it at the moment.

Longer iraq drags on at the present state, the more damage both our goverments do to our miltary.
someone needs stand up and decide are we going to win or cut and run, neither are good options.
if we going to win lets win.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I agree with the state of iraq and the impact on respective governments. But in the end the governments are gettign a bad rap over Iraq (and rightly so) and there is constant calls for exit strategy etc. I will tend to believe that a few SAS stories coming out will provide much needed propaganda (and rightly so) for the Blair governement. The recruitment campaign using SAS (posted further up) speaks volumes.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

^^^ Interesting, especially as you can't join the SAS straight away, you have to be an infantryman first. I can't really understand the reasoning behind that myself

Because the SAS is like the delta force of the british army...just better
(That was humor btw..)

What are tha ads going to say ? These men are from the SAS, if you try really really hard you could join them ? lol

[edit on 21-11-2005 by rogue1]

Well yeah...

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
One of the biggest problems the SAS has is its publicity. Ever since the Iranian embassy siege of '73 they have been in the public eye and therefore have been a stepping-stone for amitious young officers. So what they are is a group of highly trained, highly effective OPERATORS (the enlisted men) commanded by a small group of selfish, career-minded W***KERS (the officers) who only want to take credit. Take the events that occured early in the Gulf War; The SAS arrived in-country, and a team was immediately sent out on 'patrol' with no real planning or objective because the commanding officers needed something to give the media to show that they were busy. Special Operations has its place but that place is not in the media. This is why the role of SEALs in Vietnam was kept secret for years and Delta Force is still top secret (
to Colonel Charles Beckwith). Special Ops dictated by public relations? That's just stupid.
Note: Predictably, the SAS patrol mentioned above ran into the edge of an Iraqi armoured column, got shot up and was lucky to limp back to base with no casualties.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join