It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know who Shoshana Johnson is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
If you don't recognize her name, you may know her face from Iraqi television earlier this year, her eyes, terrified, darting from side to side while Iraqi captors tormented her and the six other American prisoners of war.

Johnson, a 30-year-old Army cook and single mother from El Paso, Texas, became the first female American prisoner of war taken in Operation Iraqi Freedom and the only African-American female POW in U.S. history when her 507th Maintenance Company convoy was ambushed on March 23 near the Iraqi city of Nasiriyah. She was shot in both legs in the ambush.

www.suntimes.com...

She has a lot in common with Jessica Lynch, only she's black so she doesn't get a million dollar book deal.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Might be part of the reason but I think it has more to do with the situation she found herself in. Which as it turns out was good luck' for her.

The idea I get from this is that the military wants more women in the services thus start kissing up to them.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I agree with you TheNeo.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
She is sabotaging her own self by not giving interviews. If she wants more publicity, then she has to start talking.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Was she shot like Jessica was? (i.e. meaning not shot at all...)

She wasn't picked to be the poster child, cause she wasn't little miss Apple Pie....gee....duh...
I personally find the idea of calling a bunch of grunts who took a wrong turn, "heroes" rather disgusting...

She isn't talking for the same reasons Jessica had "amnesia"....

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't understand why people are expected to recognize them. From what I've been told, in WAr you don't think of the faces, you don't see the person in the crosshair, you just see another War casualty, one way or another. This person is no one special, she is just as special as every other casualty or traumatised person in the war.

top topics

join