It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WoW info needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hi all, as I am buying a new comp in a couple of weeks, I was thinking about buying some games to go with it...
I've heard good things about this game and think its realy my type of thing.
My questions are:
1) Will it run on my comp, I know its a good config. but you never know.
Specs:
A8N32-SLI Deluxe
GeForce 6800
2x516 mb RAM
2x80 GB on RAID
1xDVD burner (lg)
1xDVD drive (lg)
1xFloppy
1xTv card (in/out)
2) What aditional costs are they besides the price of the software?

Any info on the game, specialy to someone that hasn't played it jet is very apreciated...
thnx for your time.
Have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You're asking about World of Warcraft I take it, the only additional cost is the Monthly fee. Only thing you need is more DDR 400 ram. Get another gig or two(max it out if you have the money) it's the most improtant thing required for WoW to run smoothly in high population servers.

[edit on 20-11-2005 by sardion2000]

[edit on 20-11-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Is there like a country limitation to the fee, or is it available in all countries???
Also, I have decided to max out my ram thanks for the tip!

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame
Is there like a country limitation to the fee, or is it available in all countries???
Also, I have decided to max out my ram thanks for the tip!

Only country limitation I know of is that of South Korea. You can still pay to play there but it's set up differently because most S. Koreans don't own a comp they go to Giant Arena's to play these types of games

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Great, thanks!
One last question, when you buy the game do you get a couple of months free online time. Just want to be prepared when its time to buy it

Thanks again!

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Great, thanks!
One last question, when you buy the game do you get a couple of months free online time. Just want to be prepared when its time to buy it

Thanks again!

You get one month free play.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Oh since you got SLI capable mobo get yourself another Videocard ASAP that is better then your current card. Then when your next videocard is lagging buy another one a swap out the 6800 etc etc. I love SLI

[edit on 24-11-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well I'm eventualy planing to buy a second 6800 but that wont be till next month because of comp. budget issues...
I really hope this game doesn't dissapoint me because I'm realy looking foward to it.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Its a bloody good game! After playing a normal server for a while, i switched to an RP server and i can tell you the expierience is by far much better. You feel as if you are part of the world rather than a player, plus you get to say "My Lady" alot

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Well I'm eventualy planing to buy a second 6800 but that wont be till next month because of comp. budget issues...
I really hope this game doesn't dissapoint me because I'm realy looking foward to it.

Trust me it will suck your life away

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well, thanks allot for al the info.
Hope I don't experience any drawbacks because of hardware or anything, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again...
Flame

top topics

join