It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conspiracy against masons?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
jus' want to know, do any freemasons believe there is a conspiracy against them?
do any freemasons believe in any conspiracy theories?
do any of the freemasons that come to ats ever read anything other than the secret societies threads?

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nagell
jus' want to know, do any freemasons believe there is a conspiracy against them?

Hehe...Take a look around. Search ATS, go to any library or bookseller and see how many claims are out there against Masonry.

Now do I think it's some "Grand Unified Conspiracy" against Masons.....No

But there are many people and/or groups of people that have their negative opinions on Masonry. Most based on misinformation and half truths, some however may have legitimate reasons.

Most people want to hear supporting evidence to preconceived notions they already have. That's why books about Masonry with outlandish claims are such a hot commodity. When almost all of those books are written by non-Masons, who don't know the truth.

do any freemasons believe in any conspiracy theories?

I cannot speak for any one else obviously, but I can't say that I do in the truest meaning of the word. You did say "theories". Until proven fact they are just that. Hypothecial scenarios/actions that explain the end result.

Do I believe there have been conspiracies.....of course. But I tend to leave the conspiracy theory to the paranoid.

do any of the freemasons that come to ats ever read anything other than the secret societies threads?

Again I can't speak for anyone else.....but yes I do. Am I active in alot of those threads...nah not usually but I do like to broaden my mind from time to time.

Hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
where is this misinformation originating from? i greatly respect our 6th president and cannot imagine that he would malign the masonic organization without some good reason. why exactly is antimasonic material such hot property?... national treasure? da vinci code?

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
National Treasure and Da Vinci Code aren't anti-masonic.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Even if they were, the distrust of organizations that appear secretive, especially the Masons, have been around LONG before movies, TV, the internet, etc.

Do you think maybe other secret societies feel there are conspiracies against them?

Sheesh

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
sorry, haven't seen the first one and haven't read the second. what i would like to know is why is there such an interest in antimasonry these days, what has caused it? masonry appears to be falling in membership in the u.s. so why do people still believe that some huge conspiracy bent on world domination exists and the masons seem to crop up at the centre of it?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Did you think about researching this? there are tons of articles on this, many books written.
Seriously, is this question rhetorical; some way to back-door defend them? If so, and I believe it is because it would be so much easier to simply read the many articles in this very forum than to expect someone to rewrite it all for you here in this thread, that it can't be anything else.

Maybe you are wanting to bring new light to this chalk outline? It would be much appreciated if that is the case.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
sorry mr. crowne, i am not a defender of masonry. what i think is this; either the antimasons are correct in their many accusations against freemasonry, or some organization has used the masons as a scapegoat to divert attention away from who the real puppetmasters are. now it is plain to see the there is some form of secret government or 'cryptocracy'(as walter bowart puts it). if the masons are as benevolent as they maintain why would they be picked out as such a subversive group by so many people.
one of the greatest conspiracies of the 20th century, the assassination of JFK. only the very ignorant(or those who work within the military industrial complex) deny that there was some form of conspiracy, it is obvious that the warren commission covered up pertinent facts relating to the killing. lets look at those at the top of the warren commission; lyndon johnson-mason, earl warren-mason, allen dulles-mason, gerald ford-mason(33). the commission relied on a lot of information supplied by the fbi, j edgar hoover- mason (33).

i think the answer lies in this definition from the encyclopedia of freemasonry(mackey):

HOODWINK (definition): A symbol of the secrecy, silence and darkness in which the mysteries of our art should be preserved from the unhallowed gaze of the profane.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Well lets try - to keep the admin happy.

First you must ask why is there a conspiracy against Freemasons. There is doubt that there is. I have been defending Freemasonry for about 5 or 6 years now.

I have met , on line, Fundamental Christians who cast down the gauntlet because they say that Freemasonry is Heretical.

I have butted heads with the conspiracy theorists, who believe there is a Illuminatti of which the Freemasons are a part.

I have crossed swords with many who post here and I can't quite make out what their objection to Freemasonry is ?

I have in my files requests from indivuals who say Freemasons have oppressed them or bullied them.

I have reported all these accusations to various authorities, unless Freemasonry controls each of these Government departments, there has been no evidence uncovered as yet of wrongdoing.

I have yet to be shown any concrete evidence that there is any worldwide conspiracy for world domination. Plus you would have yo make a case for a reason for world domination. Why ?

To have or try to have an influence on world politics or commercial affiars , it would be neccessary to have an organization capable of planning this consiracy. Any reasonable examination of Masonic activity would unfold the fact that most Freemasons are incapable or organising their own lunchbox.

The only concrete evidence is , that there are some individuals that get a kick out of creating fear. Or they make a profit from that fear.

Now I dont want any Freemasons agreeing with me , just in case we get the thread closed. This could be interesting if we get opinion and not just ranting.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I don't think that there is a conspiracy in this modern age.

In fact, I'd say that what a lot of people see as conspiracy is merely a form of ignorance. There is the dilemma. If you don't know a subject, you tend to form your impressions with the first things you read, and a lot of what is out there is written by people who have their own agenda. Freemasonry then gets caught in the crossfire. It's a suprising fact, but if you look at most anti-Masonic websites, they tend to belong to people who are from splinter groups within religions. They tend not only to dislike Freemasonry, but also anything else that their view of the Bible disagrees with. But in the public perception it is their hatred of Freemasonry that stands out. They tend to be the people who are most vocal and they also tend to be the people who most newcomers to the subject come across first.

I don't have a problem with these people. Most of them I look at with pity as they claim to follow religions that promote Love and Truth, yet can see neither. The people who irk me are th ones who claim to want to know about Freemasonry, yet won't listen to a single answer that is given to them.

So to simplify things, Freemasonry suffers from ignorance - not conspiracy. That's probably why you see so many Freemasons posting here. After all, isn't the ATS motto "Deny Igorance"?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
i don't know... leveller, you say that people who tend toward conspiracies are ignorant, if you go out in public and espouse a few of these(conspiratorial) beliefs the general reaction is of disbelief and sometimes anger. its as if they do not want to know about anything that may scare them or upset their ordered sense of reality. i find these people, the people who go about their everyday lives as though nothing is wrong with the world, concerned only with the material and what they can get are an overwhelming majority... and a very ignorant majority at that. as louis ferdinand celine said: "What does the modern public want? It wants to go down on its knees before money and before crap!"
i really do believe that we are living in an age where the goals of this hidden/shadow world dictatorship are finally coming to fruition.
wasn't watergate a conspiracy? the iran contras? the assassination of allende? the dismissal of australian pm gough whitlam? the kidnapping of hugo chavez?

Cug

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
I don't think that there is a conspiracy in this modern age.

I think we almost need to find a new word for the conspiracies that are talked about on this forum. 2 people planing to rob a 7-11 is a conspiracy, but you can't use that as proof that the NWO type of "conspiracies" can happen.

Do I believe in conspiracies as the word is used on this site? Sure do, but it does not involve Freemasons, the Illuminati, Majestic 12, etc... No the major conspiracy I'm worried about is the attempt of the Theocratic Dominionists to take over the US, and possibly the world. Oddly the Theocratic Dominionists seem to be the ones who promote the anti-freemason, NWO, Illuminati type conspiracies.

Something that makes me go hummmmm.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Sure dude, but there is a fine line between conspiracy and spreading lies.
To my mind, the vast majority of anti-Masons lie. They then hide this under the name of conspiracy.

My point is not that people who tend towards conspiracy theories are ignorant. Far from it. I believe that most conspiracy theorists are very knowledgable people and thirsty for more information. The ignorance only sets in if you refuse to see things from other angles, which is what a lot of anti-masons do.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
You want to keep the admin happy? Bring me burnt animal flesh and a cold beverage with which to wash it down.

Nagell, I see your angle, and that is a very interesting one. "They" (and you all better know who they are) try and redirect attention from themselves toward the Masons!

You go, boy! You could very well be onto something here!!

Now, here's a man with a sharp brain and a distrustful mind. He has found a home here, I hope!

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
There is no real conspiracy against Freemasonry, IMHO. The detractors fall into one of two camps:

1). Christian religious fundamentalists who hate the idea of people of different faiths praying together.

2). Conspiracy nuts who blame [insert: Masons, Jews, Catholics, Illuminati, NWO, etc. here] for everything wrong in their lives. These people are pretty well defined here: www.publiceye.org... (Conspiracy as a Flawed World View.. great article).

Personally, I don't take either of these groups seriously.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'd think that one can make a case that barreul and robinson were engaged in an anti-masonic conspiracy, and probably that the RCC is also a component of an anti-masonic conspiracy too.

Clearly the nazi party was also an anti-masonic conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I'd think that one can make a case that barreul and robinson were engaged in an anti-masonic conspiracy, and probably that the RCC is also a component of an anti-masonic conspiracy too.

Clearly the nazi party was also an anti-masonic conspiracy.

And let us not forget the Anti-Masonic political party.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
You want to keep the admin happy? Bring me burnt animal flesh and a cold beverage with which to wash it down.

No ones that good , but 4 or 5 posts on a dead thred , will that do?

Now, here's a man with a sharp brain and a distrustful mind. He has found a home here, I hope!

Well may be that says more than you meant it to say.

Conspiracy theorists, an overactive immagination ? Perhaps the true conspiracy is amoung those whose inteligence quota , just has to be active 24/7. And when it slows they create a world that just has to be puzzled over?

What do you think.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
A wise man once told me that men are like dogs -- (hear me out here...) -- he said "If we can't eat it or f(screw)k it we'll p!$$ on it."

All animals will either run from or attack what they don't understand.
Homo -- like Canis, Ursus and Felis -- is a predatory species, meaning it is more inclined to agression than flight.

Add in a profit motive and from schoolyard bullies to Jack Chick, well -- you see what happens!

DD

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If the Illuminati were cunning enough to infiltrate Masonry in the 1770’s and (as per John Robison and many others), spread all across Europe and America, what makes Masons today think that they are smart enough to:

1) Believe it could never happen again?

2) Believe that the illuminati would be dumb and lazy enough and do what “Daddy” Bavarian government says, by behaving themselves and not wanting to rule the world anymore?

I thank Masons for allowing the spread of conspiracy to stay so well hidden through all these years. I despise ALL secret societies with political ties.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join