It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Freedom To Let Go

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

PODcast: Freedom To Let Go
Inspired by a certain ATS member that wanted to hear me sing, lol. Aighty, so here is a brand new one as TA emerges from the studio after some long hours. This one is me on everything, lyrics and vocals included. Not sure what this sounds like, as it is my own sort of mixture of a deep grooving, rockin, danceable kinda rock/pop with a side dish of Industrial flavor.

length: 04:43
file: btsmpod_965.mp3
size: 4430k
feed: btsm

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Wow. That was completely different! Well done. I like the industrial feel. Good job. You played horns or was that MIDI?

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Wow. That was completely different! Well done. I like the industrial feel. Good job. You played horns or was that MIDI?

Why thanks BH. Yeah the brass is MIDI, but it is "worked on." Good ole Korg Triton run through a very expensive mic pre.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
How long can the animal remain in a cage
Before complacency turns into a fit of rage
Need to free the animal
Need to free it’s soul
Need to feel the freedom
Freedom to let go

Seems to me
The mind has been neglected
Please the body
But desire is disconnected
Wanting more
The longing is rejected
Open doors
Desire is reflected

Need to free the animal
Need to free it’s soul
Need to feel the freedom
Freedom to let go

Seems to me
That faith should be rewarded
Fantasies
Occasionaly reported
The sanctity
Monogamy distorted
Longevity
The animal aborted, yow

Freedom to let go
Freedom to let go
Freedom to let goooooo yeah

Need to free the animal
Need to free it’s soul
Need to feel the freedom
Freedom to let go
To let go, to let go

Freedom to let go
Freedom to let go
Freedom to let goooooo yeah

Freedom to let go
Freedom to let go
Freedom to let go
Freedom to let go

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Great stuff, TA. I really like this song, the beginning is great.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Great stuff, TA. I really like this song, the beginning is great.

Thanks much parrhesia, and glad you like it! As happens much of the time, in the inventing of a song, I kind of look at all the song parts as a jigsaw puzzle which can go together in any number of ways. Once I think I have a song "done" I review the whole thing again, look at all the pieces separately, and ask myself "What other things could I do with these pieces to make this more interesting?"

The tune originally started with just the music, and stayed that way all the way up to near the end, when I reached the "review" phase. But I had hit that part in the middle of the tune, and then kind of imported it into the intro, and I liked the effect it had to intro the tune. It's all experimentation, and I encourage writers to include a separate last "phase" like this where they look at what they've got and try to improve things just by moving or copying stuff around.

This tune has grown on me quickly, and it seems the louder it is the better! The low end (bass) on this tune is almost dangerous when played at higher volumes! If you have a subwoofer, you'll dig it, and will hear things that someone without a sub will not hear.

Cheers!
TA

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Very Very nice TA!!

Excellent work, as usual, my friend! lookin forward to more of your work.

--Kit.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

PODcast: Freedom To Let Go (reply 1)
Well, press the reset button on this one, hehe. This is version 2 with live Ludwig drums, new electric guitar parts added, and vocals tightened up some... I think the live drums help add to the punch and "human" feel of the track, while the guitars add the rock edge I was looking for. I'm diggin the results. New mix and master.

length: 04:46
file: btsmpod_1011.mp3
size: 4471k
feed:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The new version is pretty cool, TA.
The guitar really compliments and strengthens the vocals and adds a lot of power, I think. There is a different feel to the song, but they're both rockin'.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
The new version is pretty cool, TA.
The guitar really compliments and strengthens the vocals and adds a lot of power, I think. There is a different feel to the song, but they're both rockin'.

Yes, it has changed a bit from more of an industrial style to more of a rock style, but I most definately like the second version better, and probably because of the live drums, in my case. I just get irritated too quickly with digital drums, and I couldn't live with myself knowing I didn't cut any real drums on my most recent tune. It's a lot more work to do it, but I think the end product benefits.

As far as the guitar, they're not my best licks, but they weren't intended to be. It needed something narly to give it a rock edge without sounding overdone. And I'm pretty happy with the results.

Thanks once again parrhesia for your kind praise! Anyone who has not heard version 2 of this tune should really check it out!

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Good job. Did anyone mention Zappa?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Good job. Did anyone mention Zappa?

Wow, never thought of that BH, but now that ya mention it, I most definately can see the resemblance. It's probably the more "spoken" than sung verses, with the sung choruses, and the darker feel of the track that has any resemblance to Zappa, IMO. But still, being compared to Frank Zappa in any form is a great honor for me, as he was indeed a musical genius in his own way. It's funny that I was never really into much of his stuff, to end up resembling his music.

I was thinking more along the lines of what Thomas Dolby did with "She Blinded Me With Science," although somewhat darker and with a deeper message.

But once again, thank ya much BH!

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

PODcast: Freedom To Let Go (reply 2)
Freedom To Let Go 3. Worked on this some more, reworking the bass line with a real bass, new sounds, new mix, and brought over a friend for some screaming guitar solos. I'm almost happy with it finally.

length: 04:44
file: btsmpod_2101.mp3
size: 4442k
feed:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I like this song alot, TA. My favorite part is the first two minutes, as the brass didn't fully "jive" with me. Great work.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
heya, thanks Steve! To which version are you referring? This latest, right above your post?

Hmm, first time someone didn't like the horns!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hey TA, it was version 3 posted on your blog.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
PODcast:

Freedom To Let Go (reply 3)

Newest version sporting a new guitar solo I spent some time on and some new other changes. Tried to get more clarity in the mix of the key elements. Pulled some stuff out, put some new stuff in, and it's nearing the point for me where it has enough variety. After all, variety is the spice of life. It is why we all deserve the freedom to let go.

length: 04:43
file: btsmpod_2200.mp3
size: 4432k
feed:

top topics

join