It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Calender Research

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by QuietSoul

Youve got it wrong. Nothing is ending. Does a wheel have an end? Neither does the mayan calendar, it just has cycles. the cycle is running out 2012 and starting again, like a complete revolution of a wheel. Mayans didnt see time as linear, no deadlines. Time and life was more of a spiral, or circular, your energy going eslewhere, neverending.....

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Wow... that was.. pretty overwhelming

Awesome presentation

I'd also like to take a moment to mention that our galaxy is, as we speak, entering into a vast region of light called the photon belt. This process began in the mid-late nineties and is poised to end in the year 2012. I personally reckon this has everything to do with the "end of the long count" that the Mayans described, and the beginning of the new age.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by shramana

Sorry about my english, i'm brasilian.
EELRIJUE change by numbers of alfabet, A=1, B=2, C=3, OK E=5, E=5, L=12, R=18, I=9, J=10, U=21 and E=5
now together,

"but still time" EELRIJUE refer at time
5/5/2012, put this time on celestia software and see the align of the planets.
initiating on the sun and going to mercuri, and to right will see the crop circle of "Barbury Castle" first mercuri, and earth whit moon, venus, marth, jupiter, uranus, saturn, neptun.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
WOW thanks

This is an amazing post Quietsoul, I need to re read it through before making any comments.

Other than to say I believe that the end of the Mayan calender, is just the beginning of a new cycle for us, a more spiritual cycle, with better and higher awareness - which seems to have been happening for a while now so maybe no change will be noticed in 2012, but I do not believe 'the end of the world is nigh' on this date, that much I can say!!!

Blessed be

UKbeliever

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Year of the Dragon

I love it.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I was once told by an initate of sorts into the myan traditions that the real end date of the calender was around 2050 something, or 2070 something, has anyone heard anything alo those lines?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Alright guys I am gonna post something that will be controversial. The 13th underworld/heaven ends actually Oct. 11, 2011. If you do the math from the mayan's that is the date given. But it isn't the "End of the World" but rather a consequence shift in the mind. Even now you can watch it occur as we progress. C.E. time is speeding up faster and faster as the day's progress. It doesn't just happen as we get older but the more days there are the faster time goes. As a society the mayan's believed something that people of our time can't grasp due to the fact that they were a different society. They knew more then any society post 5000 B.C.E. whether people recognize it or not. Excluding ours in certain area's.

[edit on 6/21/2009 by VenomR]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON

Year of the Dragon

I love it.

correction:

Year of the black water dragon.

Black dragon is an evil sign.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I found this article interesting as it deals with the katuns of the Mayan calender.

maya katun prophecies

I posted it in another thread and felt that this thread would be useful as well.

Mayans found a way to track how history works and they used this method to do it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
I found this article interesting as it deals with the katuns of the Mayan calender.

maya katun prophecies

I posted it in another thread and felt that this thread would be useful as well.

Mayans found a way to track how history works and they used this method to do it.

From your link i found this part most interesting:

Essentially, the cycle of thirteen katuns was for the Maya a kind of mundane astrology, not an astrology of the individual, but of the society and its history. In the several books of Chilam Balam, the influences of the thirteen katuns are stated, usually as a description of historical events that occurred during previous cycles. It becomes clear to the reader, however, that the Maya always expected history to repeat itself and it is also obvious that the ancient Maya were not very optimistic about their fate. Most of these "fates" are negative, but then this may have been was how life was for them. The delineations below are a composite taken from the Book of Chilam Balam of Chumayel and the Codex Perez and the Book of Chilam Balam of Mani.

Katun 11-Ahau: Apparently food is scarce during this katun and invading foreigners arrive and disperse the population. There is an end to traditional rule, there are no successors. Since this is the first katun it always opens up a new era. It was during the span of this katun that the Spanish began their takeover of Yucatan and imposed Christianity on the natives.

Katun 9-Ahau: This is a period of bad government where the ruler abuses his people and commits misdeeds. Rulers are so bad that they wind up losing some of their power to the priests. Carnal sin and adultery are practiced openly, by rulers and others, and it is also a time of wars. It is the katun of the "forcible withdrawal of the hand," a phrase the meaning of which is unclear.

Katun 7-Ahau: This is apparently a time of social excess including drinking and adultery, a low point in the history of the society. Governments stoop to their lowest. The "bud of the flower," an allusion to eroticism, is said to sprout during this katun.

Katun 5-Ahau: During this katun of misfortune, rulers and their subjects separate -- the people lose faith in their leaders. Leaders may be harshly treated, even hung. There is also an abundance of snakes, a great famine, and few births during this period.

Katun 3-Ahau: This katun brings changes and calamities such as drought and wars. The people will become homeless and society will disintegrate.

Katun 1-Ahau: This katun brings even worse troubles, weak rulers and destruction. Governments fall apart due to rivalries. There may also be a great war which will end and brotherhood will return.

Katun 12-Ahau: Finally a good katun. During this period government and rulers are wise. Poor men become rich and their is abundance in the land. There is friendship and peace in the land. There will be six good years followed by six bad before well-being returns.

Katun 10-Ahau: Although this is a holy katun, there is trouble in the land once again. This katun brings drought and famine and is a time of foreign occupation, calendar change, and sadness.

Katun 8-Ahau: This may be the worst of the katuns as both Chichen Itza and Mayapan, the two great ruling cities of Yucatan, were destroyed during its period. The texts speak of demolition and destruction among the governors, an end to greed, but much fighting. It is the katun of "settling down in a new place."

Katun 6-Ahau: This is a time of bad government and deceptive government. There is also starvation and famine.

Katun 4-Ahau: There will be scarcities of corn and squash during this katun and this will lead to great mortality. This was the katun during which the settlement of Chichen Itza occurred, when the man-god Kukulcan (Quetzalcoatl) arrived. It is the katun of remembering and recording knowledge.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNewKid

Katun 2-Ahau: For half of the katun there will be food, for half some misfortunes. This katun brings the end of the "word of God." It is a time of uniting for a cause.

Katun 13-Ahau: This is a time of total collapse where everything is lost. It is the time of the judgment of God. There will be epidemics and plagues and then famine. Governments will be lost to foreigners and wise men, and prophets will be lost.

This extremely depressing set of "fates leaves much to be desired. Out of thirteen katuns only one, katun 12-Ahau, has a positive reading, and perhaps katuns 4-Ahau and 2-Ahau could be construed to be somewhat positive. One would hope that clearer distinctions could have been made between the various katuns, but such is not the case and if any kind of astrological value is to be found here, we will have to find it through observation.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I believe that our race has been around for far longer than 50,000 years. (this is correct I believe?) And I also believe that our ancients left symbolisms and codes which all lead to the same universal truth. I believe that perhaps the Mayans were right in some sense about change in this era.
I believe there will be massive climate, economical, and social devastation, but on the consciousness of man?
I think it is already happening but I am guessing those who're actively trying to achieve this are a minority and everyone else is just keeping the world running as it is. I don't blame them, it's not their fault, but sometimes people need a massive push, wake up call or something which emotionally relates to them for them to see..... In this, perhaps there is 2011/12?
Who knows. It was a long time ago. They sound extremely ingenious though and its got me interested in ancient civilisations a lot more. Its far more fascinating than recent history, or history dating back 500+ so years ago. I find certain periods of history incredibly boring but I am guessing its more a character trait flaw/attention span flaw lol.
The ancients have more to offer in that, they had more time to notice the natural way of things. So they were probably more detailed in their observation/writing even if its not 100% accurate.
I am still inclined towards wanting to read up about this though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join