It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Calender Research

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
excellent description of the calendar!!

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Major Kudos!!!
Not only did I find this article to be very interesting, it had answered several main questions I had about the whole Mayan numerical system relating to the date Dec. 12, 2012. This is very well written and should be nominated to the ATS staff for your efforts to introduce this to the people that have had several of the same questions as I did. Once again, very good work. Keep it up!

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Great post Quietsoul.

I have read a lot of places that the 26000 year cycle of the mayan calender also corresponds to the orbit of our solar system around the central sun Alcyone.

Is it not possible then that this is what they based their calender on?

"The Maya messengers, reknowned for their architectural, artistic, mathematical and scientific achievements, left a calling card as a series of super-human sized stone monuments and pyramids with precise calendrical computations. Planted with great intention, these dates were left to ensure that future generations would be alerted to the coming end point of this great 26,000 year cycle. A cycle which corresponds also to a 26,000 year relationship of our Sun orbiting Alcyone, the central star of the 7 Sisters Pleiades constellation. According to the Maya, the "future" which lies beyond this end date is literally "a new world age" - "a new creation.""

"www.13moon.com...

December 21st 2012 is said to the date we come into alignment with Alcyone and move into the 4th dimension, this is the 'Shift of Ages'.

Found this interesting read, by a timetraveller?!?!

www.greatdreams.com...

and a few more interesting links:-
Earth, Alcyone and the Photon Belt
Mayan Initiation
and to add an extra spin on the topic...
Jehovah: Ancient Astronaut from the Pleiades?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As said above, a very interesting topic even though I'm among those heretics leaning toward the conclusion that the "special" thing with the 2012 date is simply the "re-start" of a cycle, rather than any necessarily cataclysmic event.

Compare the Mexican calendar, which is basically identical to the Mayan apart from the long count. They also counted on time running in cycles rather than in the linear fashion of the modern world. That includes the belief that if one thing happened on a certain date in the past, it must necessarily happen again on the next occurrence of that date. Conversely, if something important happened today, it must obviously have happened already at the previous point in the circle, and so on.

Check out Susan D. Gillespie's "The Aztec Kings (the Construction of Rulership in Mexica History)" for how the so-called Aztecs may have handled problems with a) things supposed to happen at certain times and b) completely unexpected things without precedence in the calendar/chronicles. (Hint for b: re-write the past...)

Anyway, seeing as how there are loads of different Mexican chronicles giving different years for events, varying numbers of previous "Worlds" (3? 4?) and such, how widespread is this particular Mayan time frame? Pan-Mayan, found among the Mayan peoples of one or two regions (Guatemala?), or just a Popol Vuh thing? Here's a quote from an old photocopied article from some religious encyclopedia (I have no idea which, I'm afraid, but it's pretty modern - as from no earlier than the Eighties or so):

"But the Maya, like some of their predecessors who were exposed to Olmec influence, could also compute any date in terms of the Long Count, in which a fixed date, corresponding to a day in the year 3133 BCE (probably representing the beginning of the present cosmic age), was taken as the point of departure. The end of the Long Count's cycle will occur on a date equivalent to 24 December 2011." (No, that's not a misprint; that's what the page says. It continues and a bit later refers to that faraway date someone already mentioned
"The wisdom of the calendar was indeed the key to penetrating the mysterious rhythms of what exists and becomes. This probably explains why the priests were also interested in the computation of dates in the distant past. On Stela F of Quirigua is inscribed a date, 1 Ahau, 18 Yaxkin, that corresponds to a day 91,683,930 years in the past!"

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
ALL CROP CIRCLES MIRROR THE END DATE OF 2012

Crop circles are real, and yes they are preparing the world for this time.

"We shall vibrate the consciousness of the entire planet upward", hence crop circles.

This information taken from the Book "The Granitestarship".
This book is in direct league with the crop circles, as much as Patrick Geryl's efforts in his book about 2012.

How does everyone feel about becoming a space faring race? How do people feel about building star ships and leaving earth?

The crop circles mirroring 2012 also reflect within them, ancient blue prints to advanced zero point energy physics.

No lies here. I know, because I have found these physics myself, which have been on this world since the 1970's.

David Hamel is the possessor of this knowledge. Ancient sacred advanced knowledge which can be used to propel mankind out into the stars.

Thanks

EELRIJUE, as written

[edit on 10-4-2006 by EELRIJUE]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I have done a fair amount of reading on the Mayan Calandar and the actual end date is now reported to be 28/10/2011 (see here: www.2012.com.au...). We are living in the age of Ethics (started Jan 5, 1999). I beleive that all the turmoil we are experiencing in the world today is the unfolding of truth & is a necessary part of the growth and enlightenment of the human race. I have faith that the those that are understanding the truths will progress through to the 9th stage of Conscoius Co-Creation begining Feb 10 2011. Post 28/10/2011, I beleive is a blank sheet of paper (so to speak) and it is up to us what sort of world we create out of it (and world would be nothing like the physical existance we have today).

[edit on 27-4-2006 by SpiritualOne]

[edit on 27-4-2006 by SpiritualOne]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Thank you for all the information u gave to us. I was already searching about what is going to happen in 2012 when I found this post and u made everything easier for me to understand.

I was looking for this kind of information because about a year ago I started seeing strange numbers in every digital clocks (11:11,12:12,13:13...), all the time. At first I thougt about it as a coincidence, in fact i dont usually believe in this kind of things.. but enough is enough! And a year was long enough for me to stop to think if there were any messages behing those numbers.

I searched all over the internet to find the meaning for what was happening to me and i found nothing! That was when a person reached me through "hi5" and i noticed the day "21-12-2012" was on the profile. I asked for it's meaning and voilá! Everything started to make sense to me. I dont believe in god as a spirit, neither do i believe in miracles, that's why I accepted this maya explanation... The time between worlds that goes from 1987 to 2012 started in the year that I was born.

There are lots of things that I could tell u about me and all these coincidences but I'm portuguese and my english ain't as good as I would like it to be..

Anyway, I'm starting to believe that something extraordinary will happen in 2012. We don't own knowledge and there are still a lot of things that we cannot explain. But even if nothing happens, the alignement will be interesting enough to witness

As for me, I will keep on searching about the maya civilization, there's plenty to know about them

Congrats for the post!

[edit on 28-4-2006 by sedna_]

[edit on 28-4-2006 by sedna_]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Everyone has to remember there is a lot of misinformation, put there to deceive us into thinking the world we believe to be real.

Quantum physics and other sciences state that everything that has ever happened and everything that ever will happen is happening now. There is no such thing as time, time is something we as humans have made up, to try and make sense of our matrix. The Myan obviously knew alot more than we do now, which is why we should take heed and try and work out as much of it as we can.

The colonisation or first wave of globalistion made sure that previous recorded histroy from other parts of the world, was re-written/forgotten.

I hope the calender is talking about the transition from the prison like matrix we call life, into the real higher reality/dimension which is currently cloaked by the merry go round, holographic, virtual reality we perceive to be real.

The new world order/globalisation intends on stopping this tranisition from happening, as the world government search for ways of controlling the masses and dumbing down the central nervous system.

This is being done is through our food, with substances such as the lovely drug Aspartame, Mono Sodium Glutomate (MSG), flouride in the water supply and the erection of thousands upon thousands of supposed mobile telephone masts. Which incidently always seem to be put near schools, in the UK anyway.

I think we should all keep researching and become more aware of our surroundings as the Matrix film seems to be the only way I can get my head around the information I have seen, about the illusion/hologram that engulfs each and everyone of us, in a pyramid of heirachy's and dog eat dog law for life.

I have only been researching this for a few years on the internet and through books, but I think the Myan calender is something we should all take notice of.

95% of the universe is dark matter (matter we cannot see) and 95% of human DNA is supposed to be junk DNA. Now that's a thought to ponder.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It was really informative.Thankyou

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
i heard and read a lots about mayan calendar and the prediction of that mysterious year 2012...but not just Maya people predicted that year !

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Thank you for this information. What a fantastic job you have done both researching and compliling.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I made a Calendar so that I can start to reference it daily and give some thought to divination meanings for the day. It is also suggested to watch the Moon and Sun rise and set to bring one more in touch with this living Calendar.

Check out my calendar, and please make suggestions for anyting that should be added.
i30.photobucket.com...

Can someone tell me what the different shades and colors on this calendar represent?
people.tribe.net... bf69

[edit on 10/2/2006 by glyphman]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I am looking for the meanings and influences that each of the Nine Lords of the Night have upon each of the 20 days.

Anyone?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Recent human experience in terms of two World Wars in the first half of the twentieth century, and fears of a third World War either in the latter part of the twentieth or early twenty first century, mirrored the history of earlier galactic conflicts. In so far as humanity has been able to avert a third world war, the human experiment has thus far been a great success story.

Humanity has shown how a civilization can overcome a long history of racial and cultural differences, political and economic conflict, and environmental degradation at the same time as the Great Shift intensifies all the aspects of these differences. This viewpoint is clearly outlined by the popular author Jeleila Starr who claims to channel a higher dimensional ET race associated with the seeding of planet Earth:

Earth is the third of 3 Grand Experiments in Polarity Integration. This means that she is a special planet set aside from all others and populated with every species in the known universe for the specific purpose of integration. In this melting pot of species, and with the aid of highly evolved incarnated souls and their angels/guides, it is hoped that full integration of the Light and Dark can be achieved.
If this occurs, peace will reign in the galaxy and universe.
Why?
Each species will have the blueprint, created in the Grand Experiment by their star-seeded children, to resolve any conflict no matter how ancient. It is these painful, ancient irresolvable conflicts between races and species that have resulted in numerous galactic wars that have brought about the necessity of this experiment.

If Earth fails to achieve full integration, the galaxies will be destroyed because there won’t be any way to resolve the conflicts. If Earth succeeds and peace is established, the Polarity Game will end and all souls who achieved integration will have the opportunity to move on to other realms and create new universes and games through which they can continue to learn and grow.
The planet Earth, Humanity and the galaxy, it is claimed, has a deadline to prepare for this transition to a higher dimensional or ‘density’ level at the end of the current 5200 year cycle of the Mayan Calendar in December 2012.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Triad979,

Thats a lot to swallow. Makes me wonder though.........In searching for the answer of why we are here I always had a sneaky suspicion that we are experiments in some way.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
11 / 09 / 1990 Gulf War: President George H. W. Bush delivers a nationally televised speech in which he threatens the use of force to remove Iraqi soldiers from Kuwait.
11 / 09 / 2001 President George W. Bush address to the nation
it is exactly 11 years after
11th September is 254th day in the Gregorian calendar it is 2+5+4=11
and it is 255th day in a leap year it is 2+5+5=12
after 11th September 111 days remain until the end of the year
in magic 11 is considered to be a number of god
if following this progression then the next tragedy is going to happen in 11 years from 2001, which is 2012
in 2012 Mayan calendar ends to be precise 21 / 12 / 2012 which makes 2+1+1+2+2+1+2=11
but since it is a leap year 2+5+5=12,which is the dominant number
it is 101 day between 11/09/2012 and 21/12/2012

just some numerology thoughts

Wig

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I have not read your OP, but I will print it out one day.

I am interested in the 21/12/12 date I saw some history channel documentary on youtube. I can't help thinking that the interpretation of the mayan calander is not an exact science.

The docu on youtube said some ancient king predicted the date, that's not the same as the calander just simply running out on the date. Obviously any calander system is going to run out at some point.

In the back of my diary it shows a further 5 years, that does not mean the world will end in 5 years, it just means they couldn't be bothered to print more calander.

At least it is only 5 years away and we don't have long to wait. but again I can't help thinking that when nothing happens, all the people who believe in it will just say "it has only just begun, things will start to happen" (but things always happen anyway). Or they will say "The world has changed, it has changed spiritually...you are not pure enough to feel the change."

So can the people who believe this stuff (OP?) can you say do you think something significant will happen on that date? If nothing happens will you be saying on the 22/12/2012 "this is just the beggining...it's coming. (which is of course what you are saying now).

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by QuietSoul

Wow... this is gotta be the most lucid and intelligible overview of the subject I've seen so far.

Many thanks!

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

End of the Fourth World coming...

When at night we in the northern hemisphere see the morning star (Venus) in conjunction with the moon (Kingu), the southern hemisphere at same time will witness the sun's reaction to being in conjunction with the center of our galaxy (Sagittarius) on December 21, 2012, the forces of attraction in the universe will pull on our world in both directions...

center of galaxy

enough to tilt the angle of the earth and its magnetic. Picture if you will an orange... now squish it this way and that. That is what is going to happen with our world. We live on a living breathing planet that rises and falls as it is hollow and filled with molten rock and water. These universal forces will move continents. The alto plano

alto plano and lake titicaca

in South America used to be at seas level as Lake Titicaca contains elements of oceanic in nature.

So... every 26000 yrs the earth goes through a rebirth. And this has been recorded to have happen four times already. So the Mayan calendar (only called "Mayan" due to the civilization that had it in its possession at this time) is not Mayan but ancient in origin and recopied and passed down for future use. Taking the stories into account and if we are about to venture into the fifth world, that would mean civilizations of advanced intellect have lived as far back at least 100000 yrs ago.

To create a calendar of this nature was not intended for farmers to know when to plant. They knew this already. A calendar of this nature was created and passed down through the use of religion to warn future generations of what is to come.

Plan now and get ready... for it is coming!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by silencee
11 / 09 / 1990 Gulf War: President George H. W. Bush delivers a nationally televised speech in which he threatens the use of force to remove Iraqi soldiers from Kuwait.
11 / 09 / 2001 President George W. Bush address to the nation
it is exactly 11 years after
11th September is 254th day in the Gregorian calendar it is 2+5+4=11
and it is 255th day in a leap year it is 2+5+5=12
after 11th September 111 days remain until the end of the year
in magic 11 is considered to be a number of god
if following this progression then the next tragedy is going to happen in 11 years from 2001, which is 2012
in 2012 Mayan calendar ends to be precise 21 / 12 / 2012 which makes 2+1+1+2+2+1+2=11
but since it is a leap year 2+5+5=12,which is the dominant number
it is 101 day between 11/09/2012 and 21/12/2012

just some numerology thoughts

...and the solstice is at 11:11 universal time on 12/21/12

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join