It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If god has been around forever Where do you think he came from and what do you think he is????????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Just curious wanna know what he is!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
hey pizza,

your last three topics are very similar an't they?

anyways, God is the universe IMHO.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Why is this in the Aliens & UFOs section?

If there is a God then it always existed. There was not a point where God did not exist because existence only came into existence when God decided such a notion to be created. Understand?

God, if it exists, is everything. What I am thinking and typing would be God's words. What you are viewing and percieving is what God is viewing and percieving from another portion of its being. You, I, and everything around us are portions of God.

I do not think any God exists as of this moment. If it does exist, then I am God denying myself, or at least a portion of God denying itself.

[Edited on 22-9-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Yea, God is the universe but that doesn't explain where he came from?

You see a long untime ago in a nongalaxy that couldn't be described as close or far away, the unknown nothingness vibrated. It was a small unnoticable vibration but it happened. The vibration felt itself vibrate and thought it was good. It decided to vibrate some more. It noticed that when it vibrated it caused other parts of the unknown nothingness around it to vibrate also. It quickly learned that the more it vibrated and the higher the vibration the more of the unknown nothingness around it vibrated and these other vibrations could be felt by the new self-known somethingness. The new self-known somethingness expanded. It felt the outward edges of it's vibration and it vibrated more so that it could expand and know itself more. As untime went on the new self-known somethingness of vibration started to experiment with different vibrations. These new vibrations felt different and the somethingness found it could use these in correlation with existing known vibrations to create even more vibrations. It was a geometric expansion of the self-known somethingness. And so on it went for unknown amounts of untime.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Why does there always have to be a beginning and an end? These are human concepts.... Nature and the Universe seem to work in cycles...not start to finish. No reason to doubt that this is the case in all things....

Even your explaination begs the question, "Well, where did the vibration come from?" It simply always was, and always will be, as far as we can comprehend.... If the Universe is constantly expanding, and contracting in upon itself, then expanding again...then this is simply one of an unknown number of universes...in fact there may be no such number but infinity...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
things have to come from something is a stupid science concept

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
science is a stupid subject scientists didnt believe that meteors could exist and they have trouble believing animals they thought were extinct are actually alive. also id like to add nessie does exist! it does its fact!

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Why does there always have to be a beginning and an end? These are human concepts.... Nature and the Universe seem to work in cycles...not start to finish. No reason to doubt that this is the case in all things....

Even your explaination begs the question, "Well, where did the vibration come from?" It simply always was, and always will be, as far as we can comprehend.... If the Universe is constantly expanding, and contracting in upon itself, then expanding again...then this is simply one of an unknown number of universes...in fact there may be no such number but infinity...

I knew that was coming.

There was no beginning just because something vibrated. The unknown nothingness (i love that concept) was and is eternally and infinitely. It burped and here we are. I'm sure it's been burping since untime eternal. Don't believe me? Just go ask God. Let me know what it says.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well, I believe that there are some thing (many things) that are just too complex or vast for the human mind in it's current state to grasp and understand.

Just like it is impossible for a gerbil to understand boolean algebra. Boolean algebra exists, and we humans can explain and understand it, but the neural pathways and brain cells of the gerbil are just not developed enough to a state where the gerbil will ever understand digital logic. It may see the LEDs flashing, and it may even be curious, but it will never understand what they are.

Its the same way with God and the universe. We see the lights twinkling in the night sky, and we have a vague idea of whats out there, but do we really understand the big picture? We can't. We do not have the physical capability.

Perhaps Heaven is the removal of these physical barriers and we obtain full understanding of the universe and God........

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
...I'm not sure someone able to answer this question will stay sane of mind for a long time...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
To ask where is to admit lack of topicality based notions or intrinsic knowledge. To attack with no solid argument is to build the straw house rather than the brick house little piggy...
I should think that every speculative would be treated as such:
Speculation. This is not a fact based conceptualization. *(That is to argue over speculations and/or opinions.)

I cannot see the point in wasting the energy and time required to argue over topics that cannot be even tested with axioms or evidences in outcomes. I guess I can either sit back and laugh or attempt to correct anti-illumination or blindness. Only when a person is capable of offering appropriate queries and responses on such matters, I can see no point in embarking on these kinds of topics unless you are playing it as food for thought philosophy or defence of personal opinion or faith. As to the latter, to truly have faith is to not require justification, explanation or depth at the most just to be comfortable with your faith or dogmas is supreme.
To argue with only negatives and i'll get yous, is stupidity at its finest. I will (my opinion, as in my head) never give credit myself to a person or persons who argue over what may as well be nonexistant or irrelevant to people of other denominations. So ladies and gentlemen, shall we evolve or is there someone who cares to disagree with perfect philosophy? Not perfect (in my ego sense) but not possible to argue with. I offer only the laughter in my heart as one to a fool in another space if they try to explain why THEY know the truth.

With the love of one brother to the man mothers and brothers.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Why don't you ask God where he is? You have used syntax that
shows aggressive requirements of yourself for either:

1)One of us here on ATS to provide something so you can really speak what you want-whixh is to say you have an idea but you are not confident enough to lead a theosophy discussion.

2)You are of non-affiliated belief systems. Which means you may be asking to attack faith itself as a non-believer or playing advocate as a believer; this would be clever psychology. But it would be ignorant if you don't offer your motives with your truth.

3)You are actually sincere and you want to discuss God for reasons entirely of your own. In which case I would respond by saying that if you posted for this reason you would as a believer or should know that you can talk to God anytime you want. This is
why I surmise that you are an egoist or attacker of faith. This is silly if it is your truth because you would then be declaring yourself insensitive to human beliefs and discredit yourself from being a messenger of your own truths.

Remember, faith is theosophy which is a fundamental element to psyche. It needn't be defended if it is understood. Faith is also a tool one can use for belief building and inner growth. It is healthy to have inner spirituality notions as they allow relief to the grief.
Also, theosophy is a specualtive science of mind, so it should never
be a subjective in or on grounds to justify hatred, bigotry, personal offenses or low tech thought. Hope you find God or was that REALLY what you asked?

new topics

top topics

join