It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for spirits to come alive.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I'm new to all of this!

I've recently seen the movies The exorcism of Emily Rose, The Amityville Horror and White noise. The exorcism of Emily Rose is loosly based on a true story, the Amityville Horror is based on a true story and White noise is a fictional story.
In all three movies between the times of 2:30am and 3:15am is when paranormal activity seems to take place. I've also had an experiance around 3:00am - 3:15am where I was babysitting in a house that had no source of music but yet there was old folk music playing in the kitchen and when I lost it and yelled turn it down the music stopped. I seem to believe that this time frame has a major roll in paranormal activity of the spirits. Can anyone else verify this or is it just a fluke?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Reminds me of South Park, Episode 217:Gnomes, for some reason.

The underpants gnomes. The little guys that, that come into your room late, late at night and steal your underpants. They come out at 3:30 in the morning. Most people aren't up then, but I am. I can't sleep. Ever.

Seriously though.... I think the main reason is probably because at 3 am, everyone that is awake probably hasn't slept since the morning before and is fatigued, and much more easily open to be impressed upon; and to have their eyes play tricks on them.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I have to run, but I believe there is evidence to suggest that the hours between midnight and sunrise to be more paranormally favorable than other hours. The hour or two right before sunrise, tends to be auspicious in most cultures for practicing meditation and performing religious rituals and midnight has long been known as the witching hour. As for specifically 3am, I'd have to do some research, but as for the movies I'm not sure if it is coincidental or based on facts from the original stories?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It was believed in Shakespearian times (and today by some people too I suppose), that if you die without being absolved of your sins, you go to purgatory. Kind of in between heaven and hell. During the night, you have to wander the earth forever until you are cleansed of your sins, and during the day (as soon as sun rises) you go back to purgatory for.... horrible stuff.

As said by the ghost in Hamlet Act I, Scene V:

I am thy father's spirit,
Doom'd for a certain term to walk the night,
And for the day confined to fast in fires,
Till the foul crimes done in my days of nature
Are burnt and purged away. But that I am forbid
To tell the secrets of my prison-house,
I could a tale unfold whose lightest word
Would harrow up thy soul, freeze thy young blood,
Make thy two eyes, like stars, start from their spheres,
Thy knotted and combined locks to part
And each particular hair to stand on end,
Like quills upon the fretful porpentine:
But this eternal blazon must not be
To ears of flesh and blood. List, list, O, list!

Could be that ghosts are only actually here at night/the only time they are allowed to have influence over the physical world, and then they go back to some sort of "Purgatory" for the day. More than just the writings of Shakespeare, it is strongly believed by the Catholic Church.

[edit on 21-11-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
9:00pm, it's morning, "they" started to come out roam the plane...

ask anybody with a gifted third eye to see "them"

"they" are green in colour and is genereally attracted to green colour...

if you see green, "they" are usually harmless

if you see red, run...

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher As for specifically 3am, I'd have to do some research, but as for the movies I'm not sure if it is coincidental or based on facts from the original stories?

I think this is something that I wanted to figure out about the 2 movies that were based on true storys. Was this just a fluke in the movies, or did they actually get the times based on the original happenings. I've been looking around to come accross nothing as of yet.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Okay lets get down to the bitter reality-time doesnt exist. A spirit doesnt need light to see so the dark and light are obsolete. Basically they have you believing that darkness is when they have power and that at a certain point of the rotation of the earth, when the light is blocked by a huge mass(earth), is when they have even more power. They try to install fear using these easy to induce thoughts that can cause you to let them have the power to be seen physically or heard. Basically they just put in doubt and you think you cannot harm them when in reality you can make them go away easily.
They play mind tricks, ever since before you knew english they already could communicate with you and had you thinking evil thoughts. Ever since 2-4 years old they have been installing fear and doubt and misinformation and that is where they gain power (notice some leaders may do the same...).
Basically you only see them in your puniest, powerless, fearful and controllable state, Unless called upon purposefully.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
After reading jesuiskittycat's post last night, I had one of the most strangest night's of my life while in bed this morning. I was awakened shortly after 3:30a.m. with this paraniod feeling, I felt like a little kid again, you know how when you were younger you feared the dark, thus covering your head with your blanky, well I was covering my head last night. Maybe it was all in my little brain, but I had this strong, and I mean strong sense of someone being near me... not to mention when I fell back alseep I felt one of the most unusual sensations in my head... it wasn't that buzzing sound that we all talk about on here... it was like someone was drilling a hole through my brain. My good god I was so paraniod the rest of night, just laying there...I was so happy to go to work this morning, to get away from my house.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Seriously though.... I think the main reason is probably because at 3 am, everyone that is awake probably hasn't slept since the morning before and is fatigued, and much more easily open to be impressed upon; and to have their eyes play tricks on them.

I was asleep for some time before I heard folk music playing in the house, and epiphany was also sleeping until his episode (how much sleep I do not know). I don't think that it's a state of fatigue or eyes playing tricks.. I dealt with sounds, no visions. It was a house I was babysitting in and the little girl I was taking care of was about 4 years old and use to talk during the day with a lady in the rocking chair, the child had given a name of the lady and I checked out that the name was the same as a lady that died in the house. I'm starting to think that the time frame of 2:30am to 3:30am is when negative energy is at it's highest as I've had experiences during the day, just not negative.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Found this link that supports the time frame, still nothing on the movie connection yet though.

Best Times for Paranormal Activity

The Nature of Ghosts

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I've only seen one apparition, and that was at 8:00 pm. However I do alot of work with EVP's, and it doesn't seem to matter what time of day is best to capture these, as I have been successful at all hours of the day.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Just finished watching "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". Wondering why the devil, who is, as it is believed, an immaterial, spiritual being, albeit evil, would be afraid of physical objects, like crosses. How about the effect holy water is said to have?

In the movie, the girl was said to have been epileptic and psychotic OR demon possessed, and that she chose to stay that way. If she was spoken to by the virgin Mary, given the opportunity to "suffer" so that others would know the devil is real, and if she is now being considered for sainthood, how is it that she was ever possessed by the evil beings? (This was the situation in the movie, I don't know if it was part of the "real" story of Anneliese Michel or not.)

Can those who have accepted that Christ is Savior of mankind, and that He, through the holy Spirit, can indwell believers be possessed by demonic forces?

Just some questions I'd like to hear responses on

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here is a pespective. Its not so much tied to the fact of the time being at a certain point.It is more or less to do with the activity of etheral and physical beings.

During the hours in which we are active within this scociety we are focused on many different things such as work food feelings people and so on.Not only does this limit our snses to mere physical observation,but we are emmitting so many energies at different times.We shred the space of with thousands upon thousands of different waves of thought and feeling.Not many spectral forms will travel through such things.

Late at night.Say all the lights are off...not much electrical current flowing.Mabey you are sleeping or watching t.v.You are relaxed and thinking of life perhaps.or mabey its been a long day and you are tired.your physical prescence is not so tied to your mind....

These are just some factors in why acticity occurs at night.This is my own perception from many years of study.

zef

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity

If she was spoken to by the virgin Mary, given the opportunity to "suffer" so that others would know the devil is real, and if she is now being considered for sainthood, how is it that she was ever possessed by the evil beings? (This was the situation in the movie, I don't know if it was part of the "real" story of Anneliese Michel or not.)

Can those who have accepted that Christ is Savior of mankind, and that He, through the holy Spirit, can indwell believers be possessed by demonic forces?

Just some questions I'd like to hear responses on

According to the Catholic encyclopedia --"yes" a body may be possessed; however the soul cannot. This would explain why the girl portrayed in the new exorcism movie--Emily Rose-- could have her body so possessed while at the same time she herself was a very devout Christian. Some feel that she was particularly targeted by the Devil because she prayed so fervently for the youth of her time--late 60's, early70's--and lived a very holy life herself despite the degrading morals of her peers. Here's the Catholic encyclopedia explanation.

Demonical Possession
(See also DEMONOLOGY, DEMONIACS, EXORCISM, EXORCIST.)

Man is in various ways subject to the influence of evil spirits. By original sin he brought himself into "captivity under the power of him who thence [from the time of Adam's transgression] had the empire of death, that is to say, the Devil" (Council of Trent, Sess. V, de pecc. orig., 1), and was through the fear of death all his lifetime subject to servitude (Heb., ii, 15). Even though redeemed by Christ, he is subject to violent temptation: "for our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and powers, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places" (Eph., vi, 12). But the influence of the demon, as we know from Scripture and the history of the Church, goes further still. He may attack man's body from without (obsession), or assume control of it from within (possession). As we gather from the Fathers and the theologians, the soul itself can never be "possessed" nor deprived of liberty, though its ordinary control over the members of the body may be hindered by the obsessing spirit (cf. St. Aug., "De sp. et an.", 27; St. Thomas, "In II Sent.", d. VIII, Q. i; Ribet, "La mystique divine", Paris, 1883, pp. 190 sqq.).

top topics

join