It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: al-Zarqawi may be dead again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
You would think they could just 'analyse' the pieces of prostetic limb lying around to confirm if al-Zaraqwi was anywhere near the place.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
You won't ever know whether he was killed or not. Much like with bin Laden you'll just stop hearing about him. If he is dead you won't get anymore tapes of him and someone else will surface as the new boogyman.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Niah please! This is the uber terrorist, ain't no killin him!! This dude has been killed before, caught before, but that don't faze him. He'll be back terrorizing fools later this week.

Whatever happened to that ringleader bin Laden/Saddam guy? Wasn't he running the show, causing us all these problems by attacking us?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
link

BAGHDAD (AFP) - Iraqi and US troops pressed their hunt for Al-Qaeda frontman Abu Musab al-Zarqawi after commanders dismissed reports that Iraq's most wanted man had been killed in the main northern city of Mosul.

"We have no indication that Zarqawi was killed and we will continue operations to search for him," a US military spokesman told AFP in Baghdad.

In Beijing, where US President George W. Bush was wrapping up a visit, White House spokesman Trent Duffy described the reports of Zarqawi's death as "highly unlikely, not credible."

Media reports on Sunday said the Al-Qaeda frontman might have been among a group of insurgents killed in battle in Mosul on Saturday.

The Jordanian-born Zarqawi, who claimed this month's deadly hotel bombings in his homeland as well as some of the bloodiest attacks and kidnappings in Iraq, has a US bounty of 25 million dollars on his head.

the hunt goes on. so much for Zarqawi's death. it would be great for morale.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
US military spokesman? I'm looking for a reliable source. I'm looking for someone that will tell the truth whether he has been killed or not. The two groups that I would not believe would be the U.S. government and al-Zarqawi's organization. I'd probably believe them if they posted that he became a martyr but thats about it. Is there any independent verification? I'll believe he is alive if a credible video surfaces. Not like the bin Laden fake where the setup didn't even have the watch on the correct hand.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
And?

Let us all spend a moment, to think about this.

Why would it matter if he is dead? Someone else will just take his place - the idea that without him the 'Iraqi Resistance' will fall a part is amusing at best and at worst it is foolish.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I disagree, Odium.

Constant elimination of their leaders leaves terrorist organizations in a state of confusion and disarray. Those next in line for succession take a long time to step into their predecessors' shoes.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
I disagree, Odium.

Constant elimination of their leaders leaves terrorist organizations in a state of confusion and disarray. Those next in line for succession take a long time to step into their predecessors' shoes.

Prior to the Invasion of Afghanistan I would have agreed with you but now...

Source
Though the current structure of al-Qaeda is unknown, information mostly acquired from the defector Jamal al-Fadl provided American authorities with a rough picture of how the group was organized. While the veracity of the information provided by al-Fadl and the motivation for his cooperation are both disputed, American authorities base much of their current knowledge of al-Qaeda on his testimony.

Bin Laden is the emir of al-Qaeda (although originally this role may have been filled by Abu Ayoub al-Iraqi), advised by a shura council, which consists of senior al-Qaeda members, estimated by Western officials at about twenty to thirty people.
  • The Military committee is responsible for training, weapons acquisition, and planning attacks.
  • The Money/Business committee runs business operations. The travel office provides air tickets and false passports. The payroll office pays al-Qaeda members, and the Management office oversees money-making businesses. In the US 911 Commission Report it is estimated that al-Qaeda requires 30,000,000 USD / year to conduct its operation.
  • The Law committee reviews Islamic law and decides if particular courses of action conform to the law.
  • The Islamic study/fatwah committee issues religious edicts, such as an edict in 1998 telling Muslims to kill Americans.
  • In the late 1990s there was a publicly known Media committee, which ran the now-defunct newspaper Nashrat al Akhbar (Newscast) and did public relations. It is currently assumed that media operations are now outsourced to internally redundant parts of the organization.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
That guy died long ago. Usama was passe and now this guy. He is just a face for people to associate with terrorism. Put Ronald Mcdonald up there and it would not have the same effect.

Fraud. Greedy bastards.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
He will be alive until the U.S. can find a replacement to parade around on tv. If this guy is dead and bin Laden is dead then the call to bring the troops home comes. Guys like him are our excuse to say in Iraq longer.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
He will be alive until the U.S. can find a replacement to parade around on tv. If this guy is dead and bin Laden is dead then the call to bring the troops home comes. Guys like him are our excuse to say in Iraq longer.

What?!?! What nonsense. I am sure that there are a lot of military who would love to come home. And as for Bush wanting to keep us there, that is bs.

Or... A BIG LOAD!!!! Anyway, Bush knows how this is hurting him right now. He knew it at the beginning of the last election. There is no reason for us to be there, but to plant the seed of democracy. The only reason they are needed is because of these terrorists which are linked to Bin Laden. If he dead, another will step up. The only reason we are still there is because of the safety of any free nation and to aid the Iraqi people in setting up a government not run by a tyrant. Of course I am sure I will be hammered as it seems most Americans find it the hip thing to do to bash Bush, but so be it. Too many people want to complain about this that or the other. And this is just something for people to complain about.

But hey, I hope they got the bastard. Any person who thinks killing innocent people is okay, including his own people, deserves to be killed. If you disagree... so solly challie...

[edit on 21-11-2005 by Donegal]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I know you probably think I am crazy but look at this bin Laden profile...

www.fbi.gov...

No reference to the 9/11 attacks. You'd think that would be #1 on the list and not this stuff related to an embassy bombing. Thats what those 3 items listed are.

"MURDER OF U.S. NATIONALS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES; CONSPIRACY TO MURDER U.S. NATIONALS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES; ATTACK ON A FEDERAL FACILITY RESULTING IN DEATH"

Same goes for this guy...

www.fbi.gov...

The guy that was supposedly behind the 9/11 attacks and as difficult to catch as a ghost isn't even wanted for the 9/11 attacks. Now we have this terrorist that supposedly evades capture constantly. I suspect he is in the same boogyman category as bin Laden.

I think I have a very good reason to be skeptical of what the U.S. government says after reading the FBI pages.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join