It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crips Gang co-founder to be executed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Stanley Tookie Williams who is the co-founder of the notorious crips gang is set to be executed on December 13th for his conviction of murdering 4 people. However, Snoop Dogg is rallying for his clemency. Snoop believes that Williams is an inspirator and will continue to work with educating young kids. The movie "Redemption" staring Jamie Foxx showed Williams life in and out of jail. Williams actually wrote childrens books in Jail, which helped him achieve some fame. Govenor Schwarzenegger has a hard decision to make over Williams life.
www.foxnews.com...

Does anyone have any comments about this? I think that despite Williams apparent change in demeanor and his work with kids he should still be executed. It is not fair to give Williams clemency when many other convicted killers have probably changed their ways as well. He just happens to be well known and in the public eye for his association with the Crips. Im sure that many other murderers have turned into decent human beings that would work with young kids as well. Does anyone think that Gov. S. will grant Williams clemency?

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It's nice that this murderer has done some nice things while serving on death row, but on December 13, the jig is up. He's been convicted of a heinous crime and the sentence should be executed.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Life sucks.
then you die.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Strange situation but after all he is a murderer. I personally don't agree with the death penalty (that's another topic completely). There's no reason for him to be spared from his sentence because he writes kids books and is a potential "educator". I mean who would want their kids educated by a murderer who spent time on Death Row?

Besides, if he did get spared, it opens a door for other murderers who could resort to writing cute stories for kids and claiming to be changed men.

I don't see how he couldnt get executed to be honest.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
He shouldn't be let off, should he? These are not mitigating circumstances. I'm sure many people regret things they've done while awaiting execution, I'm sure many see things in a different light. Either you are for the death penalty or not though, there should be no argument here that make any of those who are in favour change theior mind in this case.

For whatever reason you might be in favour you must back it all the way and swallow any unpalatable cases that arise, it is part of the price you are willing to pay. I don't see how anyone who is in favour of capital punishment can possibly call for clemency here without being totally hypocritical. If you believe that the period of time he has been waiting has allowed him to change to the extent where execution is not required punishment then surely the death penalty itself cannot be supported.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
While I don't think that he should be left off the hook entirely, what he did warranty a lifetime imprisonment. But the man has now potentially saved many more lives than he took. He has had a bigger impact in slow gang violence than anything the government has done about the issue.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
A couple-three years ago, some woman was executed in Texas even though she was a born-again Christian. I was glad she was born again, because I knew she would go to Heaven after the lethal injection of chemicals slammed into her heart and she paid her debt to society for her murder.

I hope Tookie has done more preparing forthe afterlife than writing a few childrens' books

top topics

join