It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the deal with keeping with traditional beliefs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Not to hinder the rest of the world but religion seems to be a simple scapegoat for all of out problems.
I mean what other organization or group subconciously limits a persons ideas, thoughts and actions. so im my opinion relgion is at fault for the ignorance of the world.
How else is it that true blievers of a subject matter seems to disagree and point their fingers so blatantly. when philosophers or most scientists for matter debate and eventually find an answer or a comprimise.
if one researches temperments they would understand that most people are predisposed to be religious or prone to follow. so with that said is the religious aspect of god just a fictional character designed to keep us sane.
so the question is who is correct the people who accept willingly what ever comes out of a religious persons mouth or the person who activly attempts to search and find the infamous questions.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
have you ever sat down and talked with a strong christian about thier beliefs? or is this an opinion of you own you ahve reached by watching TV and the actions of people Like jerry fallwell, or Pat robertson and then think every christian follows or has them speek for them?

One of the best aspects of Christian life is discussing topics and looking for parralles in the bible to guide us in life. We discuss and debate just as much as any good scientist or philosopher does. Chrisitan docturine is nothing more then a guide to follow to live a Good life.

Government itself has found that a Church is good for the society, since it teaches morality. Science never does bother with those things since they are so tied up in facts and logic

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth24
Not to hinder the rest of the world but religion seems to be a simple scapegoat for all of out problems.

Thats not entirely true today.
I watched a special on the Weather Channel. They have experts out the wah-zoo (whatever that is) telling us that global warming is to blame for everying now days.

Back in the late 70s they told us we were headed for another ice age. Now its global warming. To reconcile the two...guess what they say now. Global warming is responsible for the ice age. Yep. Thats right. so, lets run down the list

Too hot?
Global warming
Ice age?
Global warming
Too much rain where you are?
Global warming
Not enough rain?
Global warming
Tsunami's getting out of hand?
You guessed it. Global warming.
Constipated?
Uh huhh. Global warming.

Wait...I forgot.
Who is responsible for global warming?
They will polly blame that on Christians.

oh well... :shk:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i guess i worded my statment incorrectly, what i meant was that religion doesn't help anyone one who takes into consideration that god will not help them or anyone they love no matter how much they pray. Not to get personal but my brother was killed in iraq in sep. of last year and it dawned on me quite horribly that nothing will help you no matter your position in life. everything that one comes to believe or have faith in to be true turns against them in the end by not showing its self or well provide comfort and answers.

i mean why is the govenment so heavily influenced in keeping with traditional beliefs, due to the fact that aliens and or other life may exist will our government, not to upset the balence prevent us from knowing the entire truth just to keep us oblivious and well dumbed down.

not doubting the fact that mystery heavily presents its self in the case of human beings, whether god is natrual, extraterrestrail or infact holy it doesn't get away from the fact that there is no physical evidence that god exists, and well let me say this, what is it exactly to exist to be alive? we do not know life (we call it anyway) is meerly preception thougth our five senses. and thats why we do not understand death becasue without understanding up one cannot prove nor understand down.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Not to get personal but my brother was killed in iraq in sep. of last year

It pains me to hear that. I hope you've learned to accept it.

i mean why is the govenment so heavily influenced in keeping with traditional beliefs,

The last thing they want is for you to start questioning. I nation of mindless robots unquestioningly believing everything they've been told serves those in power quite well.

due to the fact that aliens and or other life may exist will our government, not to upset the balence prevent us from knowing the entire truth just to keep us oblivious and well dumbed down.

Personally, I do not find the evidence for aliens compelling, but in the case of 9/11, "follow the money" may indeed apply.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

Who is responsible for global warming?
They will polly blame that on Christians.

oh well... :shk:

Not one mention of Chrisitians in his post, nobody is blaming Christians for anything. I think your thinking of The Anti-Christian conspiracy

The majority of the world is not Christian. Get over yourself.

I mean why is the govenment so heavily influenced in keeping with traditional beliefs, due to the fact that aliens and or other life may exist will our government, not to upset the balence prevent us from knowing the entire truth just to keep us oblivious and well dumbed down.

If you have heard of the War of the Worlds you will know why. Wide spread fear and panic over nothing but a prank over the radio.

top topics

join