It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran MPs vow to end atomic checks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

by NR:
What does that have to do with this thread?

NR,
My point here is that if I, as a Gov't., have the ability to control what you see and hear as well as the majority of information you have access to, then I also have control over your basic perspective of the overall situation. While I honestly applaud your pride in your nation [and I do], I also have to take it within it's context. One can only base their perspective upon the information they are provided and have access to. When the state has control over the vast majority of allowed information then the perspective formed is like that of the horse with blinders on.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If Iran doesnt want to be taken to the security council then why dont they just let inspectors in. In an unrestricted fashion, and let them see everything if they have nothing to hide. Kinda fishy to me, but thats my opinion. I hope that their nuclear energy program goes well and all, but I def think Nukes dont belong in their hands. Some say the things that have come out of their presidents mouth is just talk, but that takes some big cojones to say publicly if you arent willing to back it up. Time will tell I guess. Oh, and I do agree that China could be convinced to go against Iran. Seeing as the US is one of their major suppliers of grain, and it just so happens those trade talks are coming up. While they do get grain from Austrailia and Canada as well, I believe the US supplies most of it. Or if we felt the need to go far enough, stop buying Chinese goods, and let other countries like the Phillipines, Malaysia, Singapore, or Thailand pick up the slack. Best way to deal with it if it comes to that, but I hope it wont, I hope this can be worked out in more civil ways.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
A bit off post but lets face facts. If Iran didn't have oil, China could give 2 hoots about it. Hell, the Chinese are one of the biggest opressors of muslims in the world, they are no friends of Islam.
Just goes to show how Iran will prostitute itself for military hardware

NR

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

NR,
My point here is that if I, as a Gov't., have the ability to control what you see and hear as well as the majority of information you have access to, then I also have control over your basic perspective of the overall situation. While I honestly applaud your pride in your nation [and I do], I also have to take it within it's context. One can only base their perspective upon the information they are provided and have access to. When the state has control over the vast majority of allowed information then the perspective formed is like that of the horse with blinders on.

Mabey I shouldn't have said that in a bad way so i apologise for that but all what the source said is not even true, satelite being banned and all those other things is just redicoulos i never even heard of such things. But i'm sure U.S. itself had/have this problem.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
u are on my ignore list mad man (seems like you can read peoples replys if you click reply even if they are on your ignore list)
dont know why they put the function in the first place if it doesnt work

Then why reply to me?

also it would eskilate to a full scale war

or did the US goverment expect Iran just to roll over and say ok you took out our nuclear power plant u win?

What, exactly, is Iran going to do? They don't stand a chance against the US. What are they going to do? Attack us in Iraq. In Afghanistan? Why give the US a reason to absolutely obliterate their nation?

In short, there is nothing they could do that would not cripple their nation. Frankly, unless they are willing to have the US invade their nation, they would just take it - just as Iraq did when Isreal bombed their reactor.

Iraq air defences were worse then even a third world country

thanks to over 10 years of santions and Nato bombings
maybe before the first gulf war

Maybe you should have read what I said a bit better...

Iraq had an air defence network second only to Russia in the first gulf war.

So I guess you would agree with me on that?

iran on the other hand no sanctions
so they were free to aquire new tec from china and russia and still are

Oh yes, they have aquired Russian technology. Unfortunately for them, every modern war has proven that Russian air defence technology does nothing to stop US airpower,

Again, I doubt it would escalate. Iran has nothing to gain by attacking the US, and litterally everything to lose.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Then why reply to me?

because its hard not to reply to someone that is replying to your reply even if you dont want them to see or reply to your reply

Originally posted by American Mad Man

What, exactly, is Iran going to do? They don't stand a chance against the US. What are they going to do? Attack us in Iraq. In Afghanistan? Why give the US a reason to absolutely obliterate their nation?

In short, there is nothing they could do that would not cripple their nation. Frankly, unless they are willing to have the US invade their nation, they would just take it - just as Iraq did when Isreal bombed their reactor.

They would have very right to attack back
Like any other soverign nation would unless you expect them to take it and say “thank you come again”
And the US would not be stupid enough to invade as there would be a shia’tte revolt in Iraq who would be targeting US forces 24/7

also a few sunburns and their anti ship missiles would be enough to take out a few US war ships

Iraq had an air defence network second only to Russia in the first gulf war.

So I guess you would agree with me on that?

I would agree with you that they had good defences then
Second one even a third world could take them on

But unlike Iraq Iran had the means to aquire better missile tec

Oh yes, they have aquired Russian technology. Unfortunately for them, every modern war has proven that Russian air defence technology does nothing to stop US airpower,

Again, I doubt it would escalate. Iran has nothing to gain by attacking the US, and litterally everything to lose.

Don’t under estimate your opponent
Ignorance and assumption is the mother of all screw ups

[edit on 21-11-2005 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

because its hard not to reply to someone that is replying to your reply even if you dont want them to see or reply to your reply

Well, you aren't ignoring me, that's all I can say

They would have very right to attack back

Sure. I can buy that. But would attacking back be worth it to them?

The answere is no.

And the US would not be stupid enough to invade as there would be a shia’tte revolt in Iraq who would be targeting US forces 24/7

An invasion is not the only option. Like I said, it is the worst thing that could happen for Iran.

More likely if Iran counter attacked, the US would just bomb their country back into the stone age. Iran would be a third world country by the time the USAF was done with it.

also a few sunburns and their anti ship missiles would be enough to take out a few US war ships

Yes, because the USN will be given no warning to a US attack on Iran, and will not have time to get to a safe distance. On top of that, they have no fleet defence systems either

Don’t under estimate your opponent

I am not. They have no technology that the US has not dealt with before.

Ignorance and assumption is the mother of all screw ups

Sure, but the thing is that I am not assuming anything about Iran. Their technology has been faced before and defeated with little difficulty. Again, what exactly does Iran have to gain by counter attacking? What would they attack? What would they expect the retaliation by the US to be? What would they expect to lose? What advantage do they expect to gain?

If you can bare to continue this discussion, I would really like some answeres to those questions, because IMHO, there is no reason for Iran to counter attack. If I were in charge of Iran, I certainly would not.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
i just lost my reply since i am reading your replys offline
'
yes i had one page open while i was logged in on reply
and another i opend and logged out to read ur reply (i know stupid)

if i was in their shoe i would attack back and stand my ground
and take as many units out as possible!

cant be botherd to rewrite the rest

call it quits
you wont see through my prespectives and i wont yours so lets leave it at that.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

you wont see through my prespectives and i wont yours so lets leave it at that.

Here is the perspective of USA:

More time for Iran in nuclear row- BBC

The US and three major European nations are to postpone moves to refer Iran to the UN Security Council over its nuclear programme, diplomats have said.

Now your take friends,

Why is it always the countries with vast amount of oil reserves are becoming western targets?

Why is it always the countries in the neighbourhood of Israel are becoming western targets?

The aggressive stance and rhetoric of the USA does not help matters at all.

.............. all nations, including Israel and Iran should be allowed nuclear power but at the same time should be closely monitored by the UN.

The only just, viable, acceptable and peaceful solution:
Nuclear programmes of Israel and Iran be dealt with together and equally.
A great and true middle-east-nuclear-disarmament-plan,
hopefully all goes well.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
chaudri?
Are you trying to indicate that the only reason that Iran is pursuing nuclear technology with the capabilities to build nukes is because Israel has nuclear capabilities [ie: nukes]?

What took so long?
Israel has had unproclaimed nukes for quite sometime.
Iran is just getting around to responding in kind?
Who is the little child here crying and whining cause someone has something they do not have?

In the abstract, Israel's nuclear capabilities are not on the table here, Iran is. Gather a movement together and petition the UN to include Israel's nuclear capabilities and see what the UN says....

seekerof

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Are you trying to indicate that the only reason that Iran is pursuing nuclear technology with the capabilities to build nukes is because Israel has nuclear capabilities [ie: nukes]?

Not exactly, but somehow it is related due to regional/global scenario. The fact is that it is the Oil and Israel that is driving the world/middle east poltics now, including terrorism, oil prices and nuclear proliferation, read a recent statement of iranian president calling for wiping out Israel.

[qoute]
What took so long?
Israel has had unproclaimed nukes for quite sometime.
Iran is just getting around to responding in kind?

Shah, a pro-US and pro-Israel ruler, of Iran did not need bother US+Israel.
In 1979, popular uprising toppled Shah, he fled to USA. Since then present setup of Iran has never claimed/tried development or acquisition of nukes.
However, they have been critical of US+Israel onstrategic and idealogical basis.

I did not suggest that Iran be given right to develop nukes like Israel.
I said both be dealt equally; both be watched and not allowed to develop/posess nukes.

In the abstract, Israel's nuclear capabilities are not on the table here, Iran is. Gather a movement together and petition the UN to include Israel's nuclear capabilities and see what the UN says....

If I were policy maker, sure!..........this was the solution.

It is upto the international conscience to get a just solution of this problem,
Irans destruction is not in any way going to stablize the middle east and increase the security of Israel+USA.

This 'screwing to preserve virginity' logic is not to meet success..........

chaudri

[edit on 21/11/2005 by chaudri]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join