It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush approval rating drops in polls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
US president George W Bush's approval rating for his handling of the situation in Iraq has fallen below 50 per cent for the first time in a Newsweek poll.

The poll, released on Saturday, found the US president's approval rating on Iraq had declined a 5 per cent compared with a September 11-12 poll.

www.abc.net.au...

The article also breaks down his approval ratings for other areas as well. To me, this news in encouraging. I was starting to believe his supporters were completely blind.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
You had me worried there for a minute,
but then I noticed it was a story from ABC,
the most leftwing of the US networks.
what else would they say?

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The poll is from Newsweek. Is that left leaning too?

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hey well #, if it's a real poll and is accurate, then I don't really care who the hell it comes from. I'm glad Bush is loosing popularity vote, cause I can't stand his ass.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 06:20 AM
link   
There is a downward trend in Bush popularity in all polls, no matter who is behind them. He's a sure loser, and people are just catching up with this on the performance side of anything this administration has done, no longer blindly swallowing the propaganda.

Further attrition is only to be expected, but it's not really news.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
That's just priceless!

Bush and popularity: Hitler used to bring women to climax via nothing more than speech, circa 1941.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sadly...even if he has an 11% approval rating at election time, he'll still be re-elected!!!

On the sheer fact that the Dems have nobody worth voting for either (well, they do, but not one that will actually get the votes from the public...as there are too many, and they aren't well known). One of these days, the Dems will figure out that by this time, they should have picked their pony they want to run....

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Gazrok

I am happy to announce (in this case only) that you have never been more wrong in your life.

You are assuming an election time and that all is normal in 2004, and that the path the useless Bush/PNAC admin has placed the nation on is in some way sound, and resolvable in ordinary times.

I have one tip, as I feel you may have some influencers in your life that lead you to such pessimism - broaden your circle of friends to include more people that make good things happen!

No offense intended to you in any of the above.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
1) It's early in the process.
2) Nobody worth voting for? If we're talking about the Republican ticket, I'd agree with you.
But for the Dems, there is too much credible accomplishment in the legitimate candidates to be ignored. It's a Karl Rovian response to the reality at hand: there are much stronger and better equipped leaders on the Dem side of the isle going into the election season than Bush could ever hope to be, even with a soul implant and a decade of cloistered tutor time.
Notice the a) Conservative pundits on Sunday political shows mimicking this fairy tale and b) the amount of times it gets repeated on those same corporate complicit media outlets over the other show spans.
Not that I think of your opinion on par with that group think, but it's easy to not stop-look-and-listen to the reality sometimes.

3) Pick the candidate - Why the rush? The debates have barely started. The best man will be nominated and Bush would be put out - he's the ideal recruiting impetus - Greens even are signing up with the Dems, as well as Indies. Politics as usual is out the window - there's too much at stake based on the history of smash & dash thievery of this Bush Junta too listen to all that nonsense of " lose so Hillary can Run in 2008" nonsense

new topics

top topics

join