It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Universe itself a computer program?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Digital physics is the future of all TOE's (Theorys of Everything)

"Consciousness is nonphysical
The most fundamental aspect of consciousness is information
Information is nonphysical.
The most fundamental aspect of information is bits
The most fundamental representation of bits is binary: off and on, 1 and 0, yes and no.
Thus consciousness can most fundamentally be modeled by a system of digital potential that gains usable energy, organization, or content (information) by reducing its entropy." - Thomas Campbell

Youtube his name. He's a nuclear physicist who wrote a TOE. His basis is consciousness is fundamental, not the physical. And that our physical universe is basically a simulation within non-physical consciousness.

The universe isn't literally a physical computer, but it can be modeled as one. Do not confuse the model of reality with reality itself.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Digital physics is the future of all TOE's (Theorys of Everything)

I would have to agree 101%

The Matrix Traveller and Optical Interfaces with The True Mind!
All is Created using opposites but is a geometric language based system.
I Develop and Manufacture Optical Based Computer Interfaces with The True Mind.

Anything can be Edited in your word with the use of an Optical Based Interface with The True Mind!

This is a reality so if You want to know more Contact "The Matrix Traveller"....

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I do Agree with the statement: "Consciousness is nonphysical
The most fundamental aspect of consciousness is information
Information is nonphysical.

But in this statement I can't agree with: The most fundamental aspect of information is bits, That is if you are talking in the sense of the sequential
processing in binary as is in counts or representation of 0's and 1's mainly used in your computer system of today.

This is a very antiquated form of processing and is far too slow.

However the format of the processing by the True Mind, is based on a system of processing based on yes and no, similar in like nature to binary, but Not of the Mathematical sense, but rather in the contents of Geometric processing.

Thus consciousness can most fundamentally be modeled by a
system of digital potential that gains usable energy, organization,
or content (information) by reducing its entropy." - Thomas
Campbell

This statement I do agree with 101% and Thomas
Campbell is 101% accurate in this assumption.

Youtube his name. He's a nuclear physicist who wrote a TOE.
His basis is consciousness is fundamental, not the physical. And
that our physical universe is basically a simulation within non-
physical consciousness.

Again 101% Correct

The universe isn't literally a physical computer, but it can be
modeled as one. Do not confuse the model of reality with reality
itself.

But when we are involved in DNA research we find this to be not the case.

There are in fact two Processing systems involved here.

1/. the Matrix Program that controls the selection of Chemicals or elements in DNA and

2/. The chemical program that is the result of The Matrix Program.
is a Program that controls the Modification of elements that we consume or eat!

The Human brain is a Decoder/Encoder Interface between the Geometric world you see, and The True mind that is on the other side of the Disk, that the picture of you is on...

But you need to know how the illusion of your world is produced!

Friendly Regards,

The Matrix Traveller.......

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hmmm Alien Sims Universe....not very likely,but nature does follow mathematics etc...the universe is too big and mysterious for us to wrap our little bittty heads around it...People may like to theorise..but noone on this planet has the slightest inclination as to what the universe is...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Excellent thread.

Recently I have wondered if this is the case. All our networks and interactions are like one big computer running a programme.

If we can find parallels between computers and humans/enviroment, then perhaps we can work out what sort of programme is running and possibly where it is leading.

2012 is something that resonates with us all (for different reasons) and can be found in many cultures. Maybe this is when the programme ends and the aliens (who created this super computer) come to collect the result!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

Thank you so much for your Input.

It is so refreshing to hear others opinions that can feel the Truth
and accept it as it is and Not pretend it is beyond our understanding....

There will for now, be many who fear knowledge, but I am thrilled to see you try, and see that you are getting close to the Truth...

YarlanZey well done go to the top of the class...

keep up the good work and you shall find the True Mind and Life...

Friendly regards,

The Matrix Traveller.....

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
If we are in a computer, the computer sets its own boundries.

So if the universe= computer than that would mean that the universe can divide zero because it made itself

I completely disagree with this. As a developer, I know, that if the universe = hardware, then I can write a program that initializes any variable to any value that I want.

Who is to say that the universe started at value "0"? What an integer at all? If computers were advanced enough, and programming methodology advanced enough, you wouldn't start an application with a value of 0, you'd start an application with an object (the object being what we call the universe. This object upon creation would have rules which may or may not be changed by the object. It would also have initial start values and an initial state. If it used genetic algorithms, it wouldn't need to a finite "start" and "end", it would continue for as long as I don't hit the stop/break/terminate "button", and any AI within would be allowed to evolve, experiement, test and expand as much as it wanted, within the hard-coded limitations of the software.

AI within this "universe" would never be aware of the software which dictates what it can and can't do. Even if we assumed that somehow it magically was able to discover the rules which dictate how it's allowed to behave, it would still be restritcted by the hardware that it ran on, so again, the AI would never ever be able to see "outside" it's universe.

If we ignore the limitations put upon the software & hardware (for a second time), there is absolutely nothing stopping the entity that wrote and maintains the software to rollback the application to a pre-existing known state, thus erasing any memory of this wondrous discovery that we are merely a bunch of 0's and 1's stored on someone's hard drive.

We are a very long way from this AI self-realization, but assuming we discover this reality, and that we are allowed to continue our "existence", we will never ever be able to exceed the confines of the hardware, in the exact same fashion if we created AI within our "Universe", that is would never be able to escape the hardware it was running on an would never be able to enter our "Universe".

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hey Conspiracy Theorist I'm not sure if anyone has said this since I don't have time to read through every post but your OP immediately made me think of the movie The Matrix. Have you seen this? and if you haven't I recommend it.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Hmmm, I guess what you call time, shows everything...

I guess you will just have to learn to be patient and wait and see.

Please Don’t be so upset about what I have written, Lighten up a little and Enjoy Life..

Try not to struggle against yourself and against Life...

I promise everything will work out for you in the end, as you can't run away from old age and Dieing....

It is Impossible for you to un-see, what you have read and impossible for you to forget what I wrote, no matter how hard you try.

Even at the end of your Life, my words will return to you again and then I guess you will find out, whether or no I am telling you the truth.

Friendly Regards,

The Matrix Traveller

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

Excellent to see your response....

Yes you are correct....

I have the Movies (Matrix Trilogy) at home on DVD's.

But I knew of the Truth long before, Matrix Trilogy came out...

I have kept them in my Library as there is also a parable in the movie.

It is the closest humankind has come to in starting to understand.

Remember the movie is for entertainment along with a little teaching to gently bring humankind to understand...

But remember all that is experienced is Geometric communication between the Outer True Mind and the Inner True Mind.

The world is an elaborate Picture Story Book for Your Tue Mind which is of course The Inner Mind Droplet of The All.

If humankind can come to understand the ancient writings, in their true context as it was back then, rather than what we think we understand today, they will find the truth about The Real Matrix...

There is Only One. (The All)

We are all droplets of the one True Mind.

Just as the droplets of water make up a lake, sea or river.

Every person no matter who they are are a part of The All.

This is a Fact and can’t be Changed by anyone at all.

Every Droplet of The True Mind is very, very, precious and when humankind can come to accept that we are "One", then the problems of humankind will start to recede...

Friendly Regards,

The Matrix Traveller....

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Wow i've seriously thought this a zillion times over... even before the whole matrix thing... we're merely just a simulation game that someone is having a great time monitoring while drinking a space Heineken and smokin a fat galaxy coner... oh yee someones lucky up there in the space continuum...

EDIT:

Which reminds me... (I think im goin off on a drunken tangent)

when you see an obstacle for example a busy road with cars going by left and right, I bet your brain can map out a way to run though it flawlessly...
It's just you need to have the ballz to go for it...

As a past disciple of years of martial arts i've learned how to do some weird things, and by chance some of the gutsiest things happened flawless first try by just saying F-it and going for a gut instinct reaction...

For example to do a backflip off a wall is as simple as it seems, its fear that makes people studder last second and land on their heads...

So knowing how to use this so called environment, computer program, whatever it is without fear, is what I feel achieving the next level... well as best as I can as a person, the more you push things to the limit the easier life will feel, well thats what i've noticed, I find running to work (literally running) actually fun and exciting as opposed to taking a bus or driving, they're so much that general people can't do its ridiculous...

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Spock Shock]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Spock Shock

Awesome.....

You have to be top of The Class Today......

Why aren’t there more of us to teach and awaken others?

Your words are so True.

What more can I say?

To say more, would only Pollute your Words.

Friendly Regards,

The Matrix Traveller

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LordGoofus

Thank you for your Input....

Don’t misunderstand me. I do understand your reasoning BUT.....

Sorry if I disappoint you, but there is one little problem with your remarks, and that is this...

The interface I have written about already exists and has been manufactured and is going to be available to your world...

A number of technicians are playing with this Interface, while I am writing this, right now!

I am also a Developer and have been for many years.

Just as a matter of interest I am also in very close Contact all the time with a R&D Unit researching DNA who are very, very, much aware of the Optical Interface..

Many are reviewing so called Scientific theories right now, as understand keeps changing or developing in humankind.

Note I said "Scientific Theories" and that is all they are, just Theories according to human Guessing.

There have been many different forms of this interface made in your world now.

This system has been known long before your Universe that you are aware of, was even thought of.

A similar interface, has been used on Earth before, but The knowledge was removed.

You can find this in your history anywhere in the World if you look...

So sit back and enjoy the Introduction...

Oh by the way if humankind had the power to invent anything, you could say that mathematics is an invention of a human language

The so called Creation, or illusion is based on Geometry and Not Mathematics, the language of Humankind.

As you know Humankind uses Maths, as a language to try and explain his "theories" or "guess work" about anything in your universe.

Friendly regards,

The Matrix Traveller

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
we have matter that is tiny now, leptons n all sorts that are miniscule, and we also have stars that are massive, yet we dont really know how to comprehend how big or small these things are. there may be much smaller and much bigger.

atoms whiz around us all the time and we cant even see them....

my point being...

our WHOLE universe could just be the bacteria on something even bigger still.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The Universe you are aware of is produced by an Optical Based Processing System.

There isn't just One Universe, but every Soul (Video Machine) has their own Universe which is manifested from Programs produced by the Intelligence of Life or The True Mind...

The biggest obstacle humankind faces, is getting his head around understanding the subject or component "Nothing"!

You see Nothing is something, it is a component of existence and humankind has great difficulty understanding this "Nothing", in its True context..

Humankind has to learn to understand this subject as it is and Not as he wants or believes it to be!!!!

The Subject of "Nothing is the Largest of All Subjects and is The Least Understood of All.

The fact is, that All came from "Nothing" so humankind has to face this and Understand
what "Nothing" is, if he wants to explore his so called Universe..

Friendly Regards to All,

The Matrix Traveller....

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
lol, what a total nut job!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Boniouk06

He He He I Love your Description.

You are closer to the truth than you realise..

Keep up the good Work...

Best regards,

The Matrix Traveller...

Oh by the way I love the photo!

[edit on 3-8-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

The Universe you are aware of is produced by an Optical Based Processing System.

The Matrix Traveller....

and you know this for a fact do you? so you're a famous scientist earning mega bucks for your research and such?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Boniouk06

I have had what I have needed as money in the past, but knowledge is worth far more and Life is Priceless you can't buy Life and Life is Eternal..

When the book is over you can't take any part of this story "the Earth and Universe" but
you can retain what you had before seeing this little universe..

He He He

Life is the greatest gift of all and Life can Not be death as Life is Life and Death is Death
and Can't or should I say become the other as they are Opposites and The All is made
from Opposites the Root of The All being Nothing and Something...

I agree with your Understanding so Don't loose it but search further and you shall find
great Joy in Life!

What I have written about is True and soon you shall see more about this, and will be able
to obtain this little toy in the Future...

Friendly Regards,

The Matrix Traveller...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

I agree with your Understanding so Don't loose it but search further and you shall find
great Joy in Life!

For such a great scientist I'm surprised that your spelling is so awful.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join