It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's going to heaven ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
according to the scriptures rich people can't get into heaven. so that means if your some homeless guy living under a bridge your going to have a better reward than someguy who lived the easy life and went to church everyday.
sell your stuff and come live on the streets!

[edit on 22-11-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Your understanding of scripture seems pretty poor.

Either that or you enjoy twisting it.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
according to the scriptures rich people can't get into heaven. so that means if your some homeless guy living under a bridge your going to have a better reward than someguy who lived the easy life and went to church everyday.
sell your stuff and come live on the streets!

When Jesus talked about what I think you are referencing HE wasn't saying its impossible to go to heaven if you are rich...
HIS point was God comes first...

The ONLY WAY to heaven is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ...
...you've heard it all before I'm sure:
thekingiscomingtoreign.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
For your information the ealy disciples did just that. Do you think they had houses while they were going from country to country??
God doesn't come first if You are comfortable all the time. If you are hungry won't you prey and ask him to giv you food. The poor religious lov God more that th rich religious IMHO.

Seawater, I can easily see that you are probably well to do upper middleclass. you have time to go to school, live in your parents house and write in a journal this is something a hungry or poor person would not be inclined to do.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

For your information the ealy disciples did just that. Do you think they had houses while they were going from country to country??
God doesn't come first if You are comfortable all the time. If you are hungry won't you prey and ask him to giv you food. The poor religious lov God more that th rich religious IMHO.

"religious" >>> what is that supposed to mean. they KNOW God or put on a religious show??
I know what the early disciples did. I'd like to do the same.

Seawater, I can easily see that you are probably well to do upper middleclass. you have time to go to school, live in your parents house and write in a journal this is something a hungry or poor person would not be inclined to do.
you're right. I have food, shelter, water...that would make me "rich" though I do not live in opulence. But without Jesus Christ I am poor, blind, naked, wretched in the Kingdom of God.

Are you just trying to argue with me?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

you're right. I have food, shelter, water...that would make me "rich" though I do not live in opulence. But without Jesus Christ I am poor, blind, naked, wretched in the Kingdom of God.

Are you just trying to argue with me?

Yes i am trying to argue with you. And what you have would be considered rich.
even the welfare mothers are rich compared to thier south amrican counterparts. the definition of rich should be if you know your going to eat tomorrow.

Even elijah himself slept in a cave.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Yes i am trying to argue with you. And what you have would be considered rich.
even the welfare mothers are rich compared to thier south amrican counterparts.

I don't have anything to disagree with in what you just said.
I'll probably be sleeping in a cave soon enough.
The Great Tribulation is about to begin. And I'm not taking the mark of the beast. I'll be as poor as they come.

Mod Edit: to reduce the size of the quote

[edit on 21-11-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron
Your understanding of scripture seems pretty poor.

Either that or you enjoy twisting it.

Actually, it is you who have twisted the scriptures to conform to the life you want to lead. The New Testament gives the example of how a Christian is expected to live. You are to give all you own to the poor (which will include yourself soon enough), and go teach the gospel. If you are a single male, you are to castrate yourself if you can to ensure you don't bog down this ministry with marriage and family distractions.

This is scriptural, based on the words of Jesus himself and the example he and his disciples gave. Why then, do churches harp on tithing instead, and why does virtually no-one do what Jesus told them to do? The answer is simple. They don't actually believe what they claim they believe, and their actions prove it.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
Actually, it is you who have twisted the scriptures to conform to the life you want to lead. The New Testament gives the example of how a Christian is expected to live.

To the life I want to lead?

I'm poorer than you can imagine, I'm a 20 year old student and I'm already 4 grand in debt (GBP) with no financial assistance of any kind whatsoever, I live on the floor of my best friends flat and pay him 50 pounds a week rent, which I take out of my part-time pay.

I can scarcely afford clothes far less a good standard of living.

(I work on my friends computer when he's not using it, I have a car that costs less than the average bike and I haven't received one Christmas present since I turned 13)

I'm not twisting anything.

[edit on 21-11-2005 by Simon_the_byron]

Mod Edit: to reduce the size of the quote

[edit on 21-11-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Actually, it is you who have twisted the scriptures to conform to the life you want to lead. The New Testament gives the example of how a Christian is expected to live.

I'm poorer than you can imagine, I'm a 20 year old student and I'm already 4 grand in debt (GBP) with no financial assistance of any kind whatsoever, I live on the floor of my best friends flat and pay him 50 pounds a week rent, which I take out of my part-time pay.

Your just the regular college kid. Your not really poor. becuase the real poor are totally neglected by the system. don't care about education. I am talking about that dirty bum you gave 1 GBP today to. If you wannna follow jesus drop out of college and hold up a sign at the interstate that says "jesus saves" or pass out tracts.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Your just the regular college kid. Your not really poor. becuase the real poor are totally neglected by the system. don't care about education. I am talking about that dirty bum you gave 1 GBP today to. If you wannna follow jesus drop out of college and hold up a sign at the interstate that says "jesus saves" or pass out tracts.

How are the bums poorer than me? They're breaking even, I owe money I don't have.

Yes I have a roof over my head, but it's not my roof and were it not for a kind friend I'd be just like this bum you speak of.

I value my education, I don't see how dropping out of college and passing out tracts would help me devote more time to God.

I have no reason to justify myself to you, but these assumptions of yours are ridiculous and there is no commandment that tells anyone to be poor.

If there is please find a reference.

In any case, if I am sinning unknowingly by pursuing an education I'd hope that Jesus would have mercy on me, since he did die for 'the world' after all.

new topics

top topics

join