It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Moon Observation I Made

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
A day or two ago, in the morning, as I was leaving my house to go to school, I looked up at the sky and noticed something quite interesting that I have never seen before. The moon was in the sky (a full moon) and it was moving very very fast across the sky.

The moon was moving to the right. The moon appeared to traverse a distance of approximately its own diameter in a matter of a few seconds, maybe 3 to 5 seconds or so. I remarked upon this to my sister, who was standing next to me, and she looked up and was as surprised as I was.

When I got to school about 20 minutes later, I looked up in the sky to find the moon again, and it appeared stationary once more, as it usually does.

I couldn't think of anything that would cause what I saw, but it was obviously 'normal' because there weren't any reports of the moon doing anything strange. (While I was watching the moon move like that, I kept thinking of that Jim Carey movie where he is God for a week, and he pulls the moon closer to earth
)

Anybody know what phenomenon would produce what I saw?

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Clouds, maybe

Clouds moving in the opposite direction, might appear stationary.
With the motion being translated (in your head), to the moon.
an optical illusion, I think.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It's A Glitch In The Matrix!

Wake Up Neo!

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Clouds, maybe

Clouds moving in the opposite direction, might appear stationary.
With the motion being translated (in your head), to the moon.
an optical illusion, I think.

That could be it. It was a cloudy day, and it was still dark out. I could have mistaken cloud motion for moon motion. Relative to the clouds, it would have appeared as if the moon were moving. The velocity was such that clouds could have been moving that fast. Clouds don't often move as fast as I 'saw' the moon moving, but it does happen.

Originally posted by digitalassassin
It's A Glitch In The Matrix!

I thought deja vu experiences were glitches in the matrix...

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
THis is a common perception as the Sun, or moon are close to the horizen.

new topics

top topics

join