It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Your Karma Ever Cross Your Mind?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Karma is the physical manifestation of the law of balance and harmony, as it applies to the results of decisions reached and attitudes held by beings capable of free will and choice. A karmic experience is a challenge to a individual to reconsider a choice that has been made, or an attitude that has been held, to see if these decisions were founded upon a misunderstanding of The Laws of the System. You are bound karmically to anything that you accept, or misunderstand, until you understand it. Karma is merely a gap in your understanding. And, karma applies only to beings who have advanced to the level of experiencing in the forms of the human kingdom.~~~
These are the basic tenets of karma, such as if you do something on purpose the karma will be 3-fold back on you, as the victim of your offenses is guiltless, thus they are protected.
The only way to justify any sending of karma to another is in self-defense according to the Light Workers.
Do you ever think of it in you daily life, like when you shoot a bird at another driver, etc?

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Karma is always on my mind. The theory "Treat others how you want to be treated" is one of the truest statements I have ever heard. I like to be nice to people, and help people out. A great example would be traffic in the streets. Be nice to someone you dont know, if there is a long line of cars behind you, let them out. You will soon get the same gift in return. I always think about, "Could they be in a hurry to a relative that only has five minutes to live?", or "What if their wife is pregnant?" type thing. I feel that you can never feel another persons life, even if you have walked a mile in their shoes.

Ohh yeah, sometimes when I think ive done something wrong, I sit there and think, well, here comes karma
. Just a little something I might add.

[edit on 11/19/0505 by brodband]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Personally, it think of it almost every day... at least, for "big" things and decisions.

And i have to admit that life itself usually puts me in "karmic" situations, such as making me experience the same situations i've put people in, thus making me learn from them... and i have to admit that i am very grateful to life because of this, and i feel very lucky (even if some situations aren't so pleasant), because through this i can understand my own mistakes, and learn from them; i feel lucky because i see this "pattern", that allows me to grow both mentally and spiritually, where other people aren't able/capable to see it, and lucky also because life itself puts me in such situations, helping me in my personal growth (sp?)

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by brodband
Karma is always on my mind. The theory "Treat others how you want to be treated" is one of the truest statements I have ever heard. I like to be nice to people, and help people out. A great example would be traffic in the streets. Be nice to someone you dont know, if there is a long line of cars behind you, let them out. You will soon get the same gift in return. I always think about, "Could they be in a hurry to a relative that only has five minutes to live?", or "What if their wife is pregnant?" type thing. I feel that you can never feel another persons life, even if you have walked a mile in their shoes.

It is always on my mind too..Like randoms acts of kindness, like paying for 4 people behind you on a toll road..Here in the South, we/I NEVER pass anyone by without saying 'how are you doing'? and smile..
And I never dis-miss a homeless person,, lately I saw a Viet Vet who had a sign, will work for food, all I had was a 5, so I put it in his box and he got big tears in his eyes and said 'g-d bless you' I said thank you for serving.'.
It takes so little to make a person's life better..
No wonder the grays keep taking folks, as there is SO much difference between kindness and hostility..If we are confused by humans, imagine how confusing we are to them

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparhawk
Personally, it think of it almost every day... at least, for "big" things and decisions.

And i have to admit that life itself usually puts me in "karmic" situations, such as making me experience the same situations i've put people in, thus making me learn from them... and i have to admit that i am very grateful to life because of this, and i feel very lucky (even if some situations aren't so pleasant), because through this i can understand my own mistakes, and learn from them; i feel lucky because i see this "pattern", that allows me to grow both mentally and spiritually, where other people aren't able/capable to see it, and lucky also because life itself puts me in such situations, helping me in my personal growth (sp?)

Sounds like you are spiritually growing a lot...I can feel your sincerity..
I try to think 'there, from the grace of g-d go I'
I wake up thankful and go the bed the same..May I commend you on being so honest and learning so quickly. When we are around those you cannot/ will not see is when we have to step up to the plate and understand.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Personally i find it a lot easier to completely forget or ignore karma entirely. If i considered karma and the effect my actions would have, i would never end up doing anything. Some of us do some pretty terrible things and whilst i think that for everything action there is an equal and opposite reaction
i'd prefer not to believe in karma.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BioHazardous

Karma is simply the law of cause and effect. Surely you believe in cause and effect in the physical dimension (ie I push Paul, Paul falls over).

Believing in Karma in higher dimensions however, is a bit different. That's probably what is being discussed here, but I just wanted to point out the basic Karma we see at all moments.

[edit on 19/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I try to keep the principle(s) of Karma in mind at all times; it is one of the ways I remind myself of my "Right to Exist in the Universe", or what some might call, simply, my Humanity.

I find that to do "good" feels good...I like to feel good!

I also believe that to do "bad" is often the result of being stupid. Stupid in that one is cognizant of, but willfully ignoring (that is to say ignore-ant) the right thing to do.

I think that Stupidity Should Hurt. Or more precisely, that the Stupid should be hurt for their stupidity! This seems to be the lesson of Karma.

Recently I loaned $90 dollars to a co-worker, who of course promised to pay back the loan promptly. Good Karma for me. After several months, the loan still was not re-paid. Was this Retribution against me for some karmic injustice I had committed?

Then hurricain Katrina hit. Like many, I was moved to halp in any way I could, but for practicle purposes, could only hope to aid by sending monetary assistance. Yet my funds where too little to spare at that time.

Karma presented me with a solution!

I "forgave" the debt owed to me by my co-worker with the stipulation that he in turn donate the amount of the loan to the hurricain relief effort. since this donation would be tax-deductible (I earn too little to take such tax deductions), he would be able to re-claim his expense when he filed his tax return.

I feel very good.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The world is what we make it not what I make it. If ten people belive in karma it will not work for the fifty that don't.

You can think of countless examples of people that do wrong and if they don't know any better they will never see they did wrong. I was just watching king of ignorance in an interview on the local news. The king of ignorance was the guy who tossed a cup at a Pistons/Pacers game. He still doesn't understand the depth of his actions and by him not understanding them there is a sheild so to speak around him yet the him being exposed to the masses as an ignorant I think there will be some change on to him by our thought. I don't call this Karma but more so a power unseen and not understood by most. Now take this example to the next step his ignorance will cure itself. He is a fool and did this terrible action and still is ignorant but by so many people seeing it and feeling negative toward him I think he will now suffer badly in his next days and by the suffering he may learn if he does not his future actions will continue to do this until what is broke will be repaired so to speak. So as far as Karma and three fold I think it works a little differnt than that but along similar lines. If you don't have guilt we shall give it to you and if for some reason you still don't see you will never progress.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Sounds like you are spiritually growing a lot...I can feel your sincerity..
I try to think 'there, from the grace of g-d go I'
I wake up thankful and go the bed the same..May I commend you on being so honest and learning so quickly. When we are around those you cannot/ will not see is when we have to step up to the plate and understand.

Well thanks
let's say i'm trying my best, or at least my "less worst"

On the other hand, as i've said, life itself puts me in "karmic situations", so i could react in two ways: denying the evidence, with all the eventual conflicts, trouble and lack of growth that could derive, or stopping for a moment and asking myself "ok, what can i learn from this?" or better "what should i learn from this?".
Often such situations aren't always pretty and pleasant, but using a little metaphor, if you keep driving on a desolate and straight highway, you'll never learn how to drive properly. So, well, as far as i see it, thanks life a lot for giving me chances to grow, i hope i'll manage to understand as many teachings as i can!!

IMHO, under certain point of views, Karma could seem something like a "one-eye-for-one-eye" thing. Under my point of view, it is a chance for us to become more and more aware, to be responsible for our actions and their consequences.

[edit on 20-11-2005 by Sparhawk]

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BioHazardous
Personally i find it a lot easier to completely forget or ignore karma entirely. If i considered karma and the effect my actions would have, i would never end up doing anything. Some of us do some pretty terrible things and whilst i think that for everything action there is an equal and opposite reaction

So, you could go on a killing spree and it would not matter in the scheme of things? Are you an an agnostic?

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
I try to keep the principle(s) of Karma in mind at all times; it is one of the ways I remind myself of my "Right to Exist in the Universe", or what some might call, simply, my Humanity.

I find that to do "good" feels good...I like to feel good!

I also believe that to do "bad" is often the result of being stupid. Stupid in that one is cognizant of, but willfully ignoring (that is to say ignore-ant) the right thing to do.

I think that Stupidity Should Hurt. Or more precisely, that the Stupid should be hurt for their stupidity! This seems to be the lesson of Karma.

Recently I loaned $90 dollars to a co-worker, who of course promised to pay back the loan promptly. Good Karma for me. After several months, the loan still was not re-paid. Was this Retribution against me for some karmic injustice I had committed?

Then hurricain Katrina hit. Like many, I was moved to halp in any way I could, but for practicle purposes, could only hope to aid by sending monetary assistance. Yet my funds where too little to spare at that time.

Karma presented me with a solution!

I "forgave" the debt owed to me by my co-worker with the stipulation that he in turn donate the amount of the loan to the hurricain relief effort. since this donation would be tax-deductible (I earn too little to take such tax deductions), he would be able to re-claim his expense when he filed his tax return.

I feel very good.

That is a wonderful story..I too tend to stay far away from stupid..
Think of it this way, we are all alloted a number of years, and I will not sit and chit chat about potty training, new cars, all the usual junk the unaware fill their time with..Needless to say, I do not attend social functions, unless there is a speaker I admire..
I once wnt to a Bill Cooper seminar and was HOPING I could find a like mind..nada, guess I will be an eccentric recluse for life, just trying to go food with the years I have left..

You have a bright mind....

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think karma effects those who belive it will. Thinking about karma and beliveing it allows your mind to manifest it. I personally love karma, as it works in your favour if you do good things. Karma has of course, repayed me with negative things as well.

I have tons of examples, one good one is a friend of mine bought me 100 rolling papers (for rolling loose tobacco) because I thought he took my papers when he borrowed them. That night I found my papers, and instead of giving the 100 back to my friend I kept them. The next day I accidentally (or not?) knocked over a glass of water and ruined the papers.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
]]]]]If you don't have guilt we shall give it to you and if for some reason you still don't see you will never progress[[[

Well said... Mdme Blavatsky teaches us who have older souls, we are to be responsible to help baby souls attain some karma, as new souls come here with no past.. A blank slate.This guy is an example of that.
How does one explain when a sports star who makes millions cannot keep his temper in check or his pants pulled up?
IMO, adultery is the most hurtful karma there is..If you lose someone to dying, it heals, but adultery is a lifelong karmic experience

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
How does one explain when a sports star who makes millions cannot keep his temper in check or his pants pulled up?

I would say that money does not equal happiness. One can be quite wealthy sucessfull, and appear to be "living the good life" while still haveing a miserable time.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Yes it does cross my mind. Cause and effect. In a week I lost my job, my phone and my car. I think back and know that their are things I could of done diffrent to avoid losing all three of thoses objects.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth
Yes it does cross my mind. Cause and effect. In a week I lost my job, my phone and my car. I think back and know that their are things I could of done diffrent to avoid losing all three of thoses objects.

My blessings to you, I have been there, started over lots of times..
Just remember, the Cosmos is keeping records and everything will be done for the Good of All

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hello

I just want to say it's so good to see there are so beautiful people on earth. I am happy right now. Earth is not lost. We are the proof we can change our planet and make it a place of love and wisdom. Awareness is on his way.

Just hard for me to write something more, because it all comes from my heart, from my soul. But i know you understand. THANK YOU my friends

[edit on 25/11/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Thanks for the vote of confidence siriuslyone. I'm probably goin to lose points for this one liner

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth
Thanks for the vote of confidence siriuslyone. I'm probably goin to lose points for this one liner

You are most welcome..I try my best not to lose points, but do anyway.Blessings to you..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join