It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I am quite the questioner, I just love asking question to learn what other people believe and think. So here goes...
What do you think happens after one dies...
Heaven or Hell?
Ghosts?
Gone for good?
The battery dies and all communication is lost?
Reincarnation?
There are many possibilities, maybe more than one answer, but this I know for sure... those that have died probably know the real answer.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Disclaimer: The following is solely my opinion, and may not be the absolute truth, but it might.

When we die we enter, or gain consciousness of another body. We usually enter the astral, the 5th dimension. Here we leave our personality, and egos; It is this part that mediums communicate with when they "talk" with the dead. After discarding everything but our consciousness we move onto the 6th dimension, the causal. Here we stay until there is another physical vehicle ready for us to incarnate into.

The only way to bypass this process is to dissolve the ego, and break off from the wheel of Samsara.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I believe that upon "Death" that which we refer to as the spirit or Soul, or even the Life Force, merely returns to its source, the Source. Names are unimportant and misleading.

Simplistically stated we are but manifestations, incarnations, of the the primal energy which comprises the Universe of which that which we perceive as Reality is but a (smal to middling) part.

The Conservation of Energy states that energy can never be lost. Therefore when the energy-form which we refer to as "Life" ceases to animate the flesh, it cannot be simply "gone": One must assume that it is "conserved" in that it returns to its source, which I presume some would call "Heaven".

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
As a believer in Christ, I believe that there is something we go on to after this live, but with the exception of some experiences working with living people, I have had no contacts or experience with those who have died.

However, let me tell you what my mother said. When my mother was in her late 70’s, she told me that she knew when each of her relatives had died. She told me that she ALWAYS had the experience of seeing them immediately after they had died. Sometimes they were at the foot of her bed, and sometimes in other places where she to see them and they did communicate that they were dead. The only consistency was they she knew that whey had died prior to her being told by others.

Well, do I believe this? I don’t know, but I do not think that my mother never lied to me, and my mother was very much grounded in life and not a person taken up by fantasy. So my overall opinion – Life exists after death in a place that is unknown to us until we die. If you believe that there is nothing after this life, and there is no G-d, then there are no reasons for conformity to the moral rules of society, so murder, rape, and other “crimes” are nothing other than animal actions that are fine.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Yes I think many people have a hard time in seeing past this life. When a religion says have faith it seems natural for most to question why should I. Plus when you count in the factor of many people need more of an answer than what is already in front of you a doubt develops and grows. Just because man has developed the explanation of why a plants grows he still can not answer the fact where that plant came from to start with. I see people take hold of evolution as even the smartest of people can not understand something beyond and reasonably so. However as with ego if you can't explain God you deny the exsistance which is imature thought.

The best answer I can comeup with god/existance and after life is the following. I was watching nova and they were talking about the method of creation without God. They stated a million years ago explosion,chemical process and all things life started from a living blob etc etc I am sure I don't have to go into detail of this thought. Anyway as i mentioned a person with five senses can not think of an imaginary sense based on something they do not know. The same goes for evolution if we were once a monkey and before that something lesser and lesser originating from a simple living blob so to speak that blob can not evolve into something with thought or senses without a higher power. So with that said even as a human can die energy always lives on and to say the energy that lives on is human=plant food is obviously to simple of a cycle. If I killed everyone on earth including myself it would just be trees and would life does trees give besides more tree food. So why not just have trees. See my point I hope.

With that said when you have duality its hard to see exsistance possible without it. Yet we are on this thing called earth in the middle of no where in an infinite abyss called space which we can't understand either.

So must you die trying to understand? Nah I think if you search deep you will see and understand what is next. I think all the bibles out there may help people and some can live on faith but to the true seeker the answers are within you just hiding. Those answers no one person or book can tell you. However you will need faith that you can find them and once you start to find them I think you will see small snowball effect happen where you always get closer to understanding. Yet in the vast sea of doubters it can be difficult to get to the starting point of it all.

To the last post:
I asked my mother this before and she to said she saw her mother when she passed right after but not again.

top topics

join