It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just quit smoking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well today is day number 12 for me and I am wanting a cigarette worse today than the first few days. I could really use some encouragement from all of you or any of you that have quit. Or maybe just some words to cheer me on. I hate this feeling.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
One day at a time is a great thing to remember. But break it down. One hour at a time, one minute at a time. One moment at a time. Just hang in there.

Do something to occupy yourself to get through the craving. Suck on a cinnamon stick. A whole clove. Drink lots of water and exercise.

Let me tell you. Before you know it you'll be looking back saying, "It's been a month"! Every day adds to the experience of being a non-smoker.

Good for you!

I'm 4 years smoke-free now and it's still a big point of pride for me!
You'll be here before you know it!

Just reach down inside of yourself and find that super strength that you know is in there and draw on it. Feel the strength and use it to get you through the next moment, hour, day and ... month!

Good job! You can do it. Millions of people do it. You're as strong as they are!

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaimless
Or maybe just some words to cheer me on. I hate this feeling.

Go for it!
go go go for it!
I wish you the best, in your attempt.

I'm next. I have to quit by Dec 31st..
Otherwise my insurance goes up 600 bucks per year..
Smokers penalty..
You can wish me luck then!

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Zaimless
LOL i with you here... its day 21 for me of none smoking, I suggest you get some gum helps loads,

and remember each hour is an acomplishment,

have faith in yourself and try to beat each craving as it comes,

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep us updated on how your getting on lol

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Good luck!! Do what Benevolent Heretic and try to keep yourself occupied!!

*puts on voice of the guy in the waterboy* You Can do it!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I hope you "make it'....whatever you do....don't stop trying....and if you slip ....try again....

I've been "quitting" for a while now...I'm still not there yet but I know that I will beat this evil addiction. All that I know is that I want to quit and I know that I will. I've tried to do it using all sorts of different schemes...this time I'm going to quit by trying the nicorette gum. When I enter the new year, I intend on being a non smoker.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Good luck to all of you not smoking and I am proud of you. I tried to get my mom off of that stuff. She just doesnt seem to understand what it does to her health. Maybe she will one day though.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
YOU CAN DO IT!

One hint- Stay away from or change the pattern of things you did when you used to smoke. Like that coffee in the morning. Have juice and later have the coffee.

Do it for you, your family and your friends. But remember-YOU CAN AND ARE DOING IT!

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Dont give up Zaimless, resist the temptation!!!

Good Luck, keep tryin!

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
fancy a fag?......here...have one of mine......

dammit ...sorry dude......i cant help myself....its not me...its the voices....

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Good luck. It has been 1 year and 4 months for me and at times I still want one, but it does get easier to say NO.whenever the feeling hit,do something else and good luck.Keep me posted. I am rooting for you and everyone that had quit.

top topics

join