It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~ Demonic Possession ~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hello there again. It's TheBlueSoldier here, with another interesting topic. Demonic Possession has literally been documented hundreds of times throughout the last thousand years. Real people have been possessed, sometimes by more than one demon. Most of them were exorcised, but on many accounts these people inflicted self mutilation and even died while being possessed. Now that we know this is a valid subject.... let's look at the truths, lies, reasons, and history behind Demonic Possession...

When the angel, Lucifer, was cast out of hell for plotting against God, he took with him a third of the heavenly host. Lucifer, or Satan as he came to be known, gathered these faithful fallen angels and lived in hell. There, thousands of demons were spawned out of spite, hatred, greed, lust, pride, vengeance, and sin. Most of these demons reside in Hell, but some are connected to the physical world. Once they are on Earth, their bodies burn and boil, causing great suffering and pain. Satan designed his demons like this, knowing that they would seek a host to possess and lessen the pain. I don't want to mix my personal views with demons now, so I will use the Bible for the rest of my information:

- The 5th chapter of Mark is the most thorough description of demonic behaviour:
- Verse 1 = Tells us that demons like to be around corpses and love the smell of death
- Verse 2 = They make their host unusually strong, the man in this verse has broken the chains and buckles that strapped him to a boulder
- Verse 3 = Their senses are dulled and their mind is numb ( the host )
- Verses 4 and 5 = They cause the host to cry and scream, they are masochistic and the man in this verse cuts himself with sharp stones
- Verse 6 and 7 = They beg God not to torment them
- Verse 12 = They mostly resort to possessing animals when they are not around humans
- Verse 15 = They constantly thirst for water (but it is implied that they thirst for blood, which is mostly water, salt, and protein)
- The 9th chapter of Mark also has some insight on demons:
- Verse 17 = They cause rabid, animal-like behaviour and instinct
- Verse 19 = They have suicidal behaviour
- Verse 20 = They will resist leaving a body and try to kill the host if there is no other way

This is only some of the information about demons located in the Bible. It also says that Satan gave his demons "Dominion over Earth", so many people are affected by demons without even knowing it. Demons can cause emotional changes in people, rejection of God, and masochistic behaviour. I live by the Bible, so I take this very seriously. Only two years ago did I witness a man in my church get possessed. It was January 14th, 2003. The people in my church pray in tongues, and while we were praying, a man started to cry. At first, we thought it was crys of joy, but we suddenly knew he was in pain. He got up from praying and was convulsing in his seat, shouting inaudible phrases and crying all the time. My pastor, Pastor Liu, ordered everyone into the Library section of the church, and a person ran to the front door and locked it. When everyone was in the Library, we locked that door too. The man inside the chapel was screaming now and banging on the front door trying to get out of that church. Everybody in the Library, including me, started praying non-stop for this demon to leave this man. We must have been praying for hours because my knees were sore and my eyes were actually tearing because of the pain (kneeling for a long time can be painful!). After 3 hours, the screaming stopped and we slowly walked into the chapel. The man was lying down, sniffeling, and we immediately rushed him to the hospital. He had a few cuts and bruises, but nothing serious. When he was back to himself, he made a testimony, and this is what he saw while being possessed...

This man described being in Hell, surrounded by naked people that were bleeding and crying. He saw a few yards away, people standing in light who were praying and smiling. He knew that this was heaven, and tried to run to there, but no matter how much he ran, he couldn't reach there. He started praying earnestly too, but he heard somebody laughing. He realized that Satan or a demon ( he wasn't sure) was standing over him. The man shouted "God please don't leave me! Please!". He kept on praying no matter how much the demon/satan laughed, and eventually he saw a beam of light shine on him. When he opened his eyes, he was lying on the floor of the chapel...

I will include the name of this man, because he told me that he wants people to know what he knows. His name is Richard Chan, and I've only known him for the last four years. Unlike most phenomena regarding the supernatural, my church did not immediately seek the media to get a cover story on what happened. Instead, our faith was increased and we were prepared for whatever demons were thrown our way...

I'd like to know your views on demons and angels ^_^

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I agree with pretty much everything you said except the stuff about the origin of demons.
I agree that demons are to be distinguished from fallen angels..
The following bible study goes into this (a little):
www.alienresistance.org...

BUT I don't really care about really studying out their origin because they are EVIL (doesn't really matter where they are from)...

This man described being in Hell...

Yea, what the man described sounds alot like what I have heard as well:
amightywind.com...
www.fireonthealtar.com...
www.fireonthealtar.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlueSoldier
When the angel, Lucifer, was cast out of hell for plotting against God, he took with him a third of the heavenly host. Lucifer, or Satan as he came to be known, gathered these faithful fallen angels and lived in hell.

The word Lucifer appears only once in the whole bible:

Isaiah 14:12 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

That is all the information given about Lucifer. So now I ask you:

How do you know he plotted against God?

How do you know he took a third of the heavenly host with him?

Let's do some research on the origin of the word Lucifer:

(From Lucifer - where did the word come from and what is its true meaning?)

"The first problem is that Lucifer is a Latin name. So how did it find its way into a Hebrew manuscript, written before there was a Roman language? To find the answer, I consulted a scholar at the library of the Hebrew Union College in Cincinnati. What Hebrew name, I asked, was Satan given in this chapter of Isaiah, which describes the angel who fell to become the ruler of hell?

The answer was a surprise. In the original Hebrew text, the fourteenth chapter of Isaiah is not about a fallen angel, but about a fallen Babylonian king, who during his lifetime had persecuted the children of Israel. It contains no mention of Satan, either by name or reference. The Hebrew scholar could only speculate that some early Christian scribes, writing in the Latin tongue used by the Church, had decided for themselves that they wanted the story to be about a fallen angel, a creature not even mentioned in the original Hebrew text, and to whom they gave the name "Lucifer."

Why Lucifer? In Roman astronomy, Lucifer was the name given to the morning star (the star we now know by another Roman name, Venus). The morning star appears in the heavens just before dawn, heralding the rising sun. The name derives from the Latin term lucem ferre, bringer, or bearer, of light." In the Hebrew text the expression used to describe the Babylonian king before his death is Helal, son of Shahar, which can best be translated as "Day star, son of the Dawn." The name evokes the golden glitter of a proud king's dress and court (much as his personal splendor earned for King Louis XIV of France the appellation, "The Sun King").

The scholars authorized by ... King James I to translate the Bible into current English did not use the original Hebrew texts, but used versions translated ... largely by St. Jerome in the fourth century. Jerome had mistranslated the Hebraic metaphor, "Day star, son of the Dawn," as "Lucifer," and over the centuries a metamorphosis took place. Lucifer the morning star became a disobedient angel, cast out of heaven to rule eternally in hell. Theologians, writers, and poets interwove the myth with the doctrine of the Fall, and in Christian tradition Lucifer is now the same as Satan, the Devil, and --- ironically --- the Prince of Darkness.

So "Lucifer" is nothing more than an ancient Latin name for the morning star, the bringer of light. That can be confusing for Christians who identify Christ himself as the morning star, a term used as a central theme in many Christian sermons. Jesus refers to himself as the morning star in Revelation 22:16: "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

And so there are those who do not read beyond the King James version of the Bible, who say 'Lucifer is Satan: so says the Word of God'...."

How did the translation "lucifer" arise? This word comes from Jerome's Latin Vulgate. Was Jerome in error? Not at all. In Latin at the time, "lucifer" actually meant Venus as a morning star. Isaiah is using this metaphor for a bright light, though not the greatest light to illustrate the apparent power of the Babylonian king which then faded."

Therefore, Lucifer wasn't equated with Satan until after Jerome. Jerome wasn't in error. Later Christians (and Mormons) were in equating "Lucifer" with "Satan".
So why is this a problem to Christians? Christians now generally believe that Satan (or the Devil or Lucifer who they equate with Satan) is a being who has always existed (or who was created at or near the "beginning"). Therefore, they also think that the 'prophets' of the Old Testament believed in this creature. The Isaiah scripture is used as proof (and has been used as such for hundreds of years now). As Elaine Pagels explains though, the concept of Satan has evolved over the years and the early Bible writers didn't believe in or teach such a doctrine.

The irony for those who believe that "Lucifer" refers to Satan is that the same title ('morning star' or 'light-bearer') is used to refer to Jesus, in 2 Peter 1:19, where the Greek text has exactly the same term: 'phos-phoros' 'light-bearer.' This is also the term used for Jesus in Revelation 22:16.

Lucifer is a Latin word for the morning star.

In Revelations 22:16 we see Jesus Christ refer to himself as the morning star:

"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

When we say that Lucifer is Satan, we are demonizing the morning star, or Christ. Unfortunately I know many people are conditioned since childhood to do just this. It is a direct of indoctrination, and not knowing the origin of the word and what it means.

Now onto Satan (not Lucifer):

Here is my reply to what Satan is, on a recent thread about the topic:

"Satan is Hebrew for "the enemy" or "adversary." It is a generic term with many applications.

Obviously, the fundamentalists of any religion imagine Satan is some guy in a red suit who is sneaking around the house.

Satan is our ego. Our false mind-made selves, that feed off our thoughts and emotions when we identify with them. Satan is not a myth, it is a living reality inside ourselves.

People have been misled into idolizing forces that lead to great suffering. In truth, this entire humanity is Satanic, because of the worship of the animal mind and the hynoptism of matter and sensation. "

[edit on 21/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Hello there again. It's TheBlueSoldier here, with another interesting topic. Demonic Possession has literally been documented hundreds of times throughout the last thousand years. Real people have been possessed, sometimes by more than one demon. Most of them were exorcised, but on many accounts these people inflicted self mutilation and even died while being possessed. Now that we know this is a valid subject.... let's look at the truths, lies, reasons, and history behind Demonic Possession...

We don't agree that it is a valid subject. Demonic posession is as poorly documented as are miracles. People subject ordinary things to the supernatural if that is their inclination.

Think about it. Satan is supposedly really really smart right? Not only that, but his objective is to deceive as many as possible right?

Is he really so stupid as to provide direct proof of the supernatural via posession, thereby confirming that which he hopes to conceal?

Not to mention, demonic posession is a direct violation of free will, which is supposedly so sacrosanct to god that he will not interfere in any way with it. Why would god allow his adversary to interfere in your free will if god himself is unwilling to do it and values it even above your soul?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
On this subject I'm inclined to agree with Spammy, however I do concede that your belief in God would make you have to believe in angels and demons. My own thoughts on the matter suggest possession to be no more than a pyschological problem i.e schizophrenia or religious delusions - caused by belief itself.
I see no credible evidence for the acceptance of angels and demons as real. There are too many 'whys' for it to be reasonable.

G

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Yo guys Constantine here, well u do kno lucifer isn`t actually satan! If u`s want a page that shows the names and spiritual powers of the most powerful demons, Email me [email protected], den ill email u de pages

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Lucifer, or Satan as he came to be known, gathered these faithful fallen angels and lived in hell. _^

satan and those angels that followed him haven't been to hell yet. Hell will be their punishment for eternity but not yet.There is a group of fallen angels that are currently in the bottomless pit(these are the ones of Genesis ch. 6 who produced the giants of Noah's time).

I don't know if demons and fallen angels are the same thing. I have heard that the spirits of the offspring of the giants of Genesis 6 are demons. In the flood there physical bodies were destroyed but their soul/spirit are the demons that seek a body and attach themselves to people.

[edit on 4-12-2005 by dbrandt]

top topics

join