It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or What is God???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Why are you allowing the Bible to influence your concept of god?

Jesus might not have even existed. The evidence in support of a historical Jesus is crap, and Paul makes implicit comments that 'the Christ' is a spiritual being, not a physical fleshy human.

True, some early christian sects like the Docetates believed that jesus was just a "spritiual" being and not a man.

wether or not he was brought to this earth to die for our sins, by my beliefs no, he was put in this world to teach and spread religion.

Still, Who has any proof of anything? you know what i think we need? some pictures .... i wish somebody back in those days had a digital camera or something. the funny thing is, the world is still fighting over what color skin jesus had. I think dude was black, no doubt.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
God is communication.
God is truth.

comunicashun
come you in i see as one

c om you in eye see as one

see home you and I see as one

come home you in eye see as one
come home you and I see as one

God is a state of mind.

God is truth loving truth loving love, love loving fear perfecting perfect timing, there is nothing greater than and nothing is less than: love nothing less than love, and love nothing greater than love.
l<

l< = >infinity

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
God is a state of mind.

This is certainly what "god" used to mean before the west got hold of the concept. The idea of god as an objective reality is fairly new in the history of religion.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
God is a state of mind.

This is certainly what "god" used to mean before the west got hold of the concept. The idea of god as an objective reality is fairly new in the history of religion.

Objection is a prerequisite for comparison.
Comparison is a prerequisite for judgement.
Judgment is comparing the fear of consequences of action verses inaction.

Inaction is the fail to act.

Failure to act is a symptom of fear.

How can one act either way when subject to comparing everything to the fear of the consequences of their actions?

How can any fish leave the reef if the fish is subject to the fear of the unknown, when the ocean is unknown, and all the fish has for comparison is the experiences gained at the reef? Trying to find Nemo?

Hate is justified by fear. Therefore Hate introduces fear.
Fear begets hate, for hate is how we respond to fear.

What provides the means to no longer have a mind ruled by fear and hate?

Defragging minds takes some time.

Defragging a computer takes awhile, and you think it "calculates" faster?

[edit on 7-12-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
God is the collective consciousness of life, thanking us for getting it right in the end.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
God is a fictional character in the popular novel "the holy bible". But if you dont want to read it, you should check out Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ".

Seriously though, You spend your life worshiping something that:
1. You've never seen
2. You've never heard
3. Doesn't exist

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I am curious though, as to how you know it for fact. I sure don't know. I have not seen anything proving 'God' exists, yet I cannot say its all myth. In fact, I am closer to being religious than atheist, but I see nothing about any one faith that separates it. Atheism included.
'What else is nature except God.?' Seneca
'My sense of God is my sense of wonder at the universe.' Einstein
'I believe in God, I just spell it n a t u r e.' Frank Lloyd Wright
'The more I learn, the less I know.' Peter Gabriel
'The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.' H. J. Haldene
" I have said ye are Gods, all of you are children of the most high.” Psalms, Ch. 82, Verse 6
‘Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with. His mind was created for his own thoughts, not yours or mine. ‘ Henry S. Haskins
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind". Albert Einstein
‘99.999% of what affects our reality will be undetectable by our senses. Man must learn to think for himself rather than follow blindly what he has been taught.’ Buckminster Fuller
" If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. " Thomas Paine
" If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't. " Lyall Watson

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join