It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pushy Christian Politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
In watching what the world is turning into I find it humorous that the politicians seem to think that Christianity should be everyone's faith. They have you swear on the bible in court, all paid holidays are Christian too, whats with that??

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
All paid holidays are Christian? I dont think so.

The only Paid holiday thats Christian is Christmas. Easter is not a paid holiday, and thats the only other major Christian celebration.

New Years is not Christian. MLK day is not Christian, nor is presidents day. The fourth of July is not Christian, nor is labor day or memorial day. And niether is Thanksgiving Christian, despite some peoples beliefs it is. Its an American tradition whose only tie to Christianity is the religon of the pilgrims. The holiday does not celebrate solely Christian beliefs. And the Indians werent Christian.

Swearing on the bible has been done in this country since the beginning because Christianity was the big religon. I agree swearing on the bible is outdated, useless, and silly. After all, swearing on the bible will mean nothing to a non Christian, thus any oaths sworn on a bible would pretty much be void and meaningless.

There are far more substantial ways Christianity is being forced down peoples throats and legislated into the lives of the unwilling, but none of the above reasons qualify.

Try teaching creationism in schools, ten commandments on public property with public funds, and other ways they try pushing Christianity onto people.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Swearing on the bible isn't even enforced. You have the option of taking a secular oath in most states.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Religion should be kept out of politics and politics out of religion in my view.
Unfortunately politicians seem to be using religion for votes more and more.

Originally posted by echelon
Swearing on the bible isn't even enforced. You have the option of taking a secular oath in most states.

I didn't know this? I wonder if it's the same here in Australia.?

new topics

top topics

join