It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was disenfranchised!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
[partial tongue in cheek - on]
With the recent decree by Springer, SO, and Simon Grey that the ATSNN councillor election has been cancelled, I just realized that I have been disenfranchised. I voted in the primary election and then again in the runoff, but now my vote has been taken from me because of the actions of others.

I imagine that the trilateral commission in charge of this board had their reasons, but cancelling an election? Surely there were other options?
Yes, yes, I know - it's only a pseudo-democracy because it is privately owned. It just seems so ... unfair and heavy-handed.

I don't know if anyone else feels the same. Or if this is even a permissible topic of discussion. (I'm sure someone will let me know in a few minutes...).

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I was shocked to see this, but it must have gotten bad for them to come to this drastic decision.

Too bad they couldn't just trash the threads and let us just vote at this point. Seems a shame.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You are entitled to feel however you like to feel.

However

When the Three Amigos do something, it is done. The council is a privilege, not a right. More information will come.

Sit tight.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The ONLY thing cancelled is the ATSNN run off. We have decided the best way to go forward with ATSNN is with Moderator Nerdling as Manager and Administrator Thomas Crowne as "ATSNN Master-at-Arms"

RELAX, the rest of the Council seats are in place, have their victorious elected members to fill them and the beat goes on...

Springer...

top topics

join