It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is the AntiChrist Religion

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
That's the old testament, dbrandt--if you want to live there, that's fine. But I'm not going to--something more has been added to change that which Jeremiah said. He was right, at the time, but that was then and this is now.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'll come back and post something when I have more time, but honestly I see a lot of misunderstanding and horrible reading abilities portrayed in the answers and questions presented.. Can we honestly bring everything we read into 'REALITY' and stop living in books... we need to apply these logos's to our experiences..

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
queenannie, I have a question for you.

You're aware that the teaching of Moses twice in the OT are "thou shalt not kill"; "thou shalt not steal"; "thou shalt not bear false witness"; and "thou shalt not covet."

Yet you believe in the stories of Israel under Joshua violating all those four commands, WITH IMPUNITY!

Why do you accept those stories of Joshua, as given? They all violate four out of the ten Commandments and they BELIE the entire structure of the Holy Law.

"We do not believe in war; so we practice war" is a toxic, psychiatric compartmentalization of the brain equivalent to multiple personality disorder.

Why do you accept this? I thought you're a rather thoughtful, reasonable human being. And I could never accept these contradictions as "coming from God." Never.

Coming from the Talmud, maybe, but that's another story.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshai2334
queenannie, I have a question for you.

You're aware that the teaching of Moses twice in the OT are "thou shalt not kill"; "thou shalt not steal"; "thou shalt not bear false witness"; and "thou shalt not covet."

Yet you believe in the stories of Israel under Joshua violating all those four commands, WITH IMPUNITY!

Impunity might be implied, but not necessarily the case.

But the value of the stories doesn't lie in their actuality, but rather their allegorical depth.

And even though I see nothing illogical at all about the 10 commandments--I also have to be honest and say I don't think any human being can follow them without infraction for even a year, much less a lifetime.

The bible isn't a book about perfect people--it is a book about people. Regular people. Like all of us. I don't have standards that I expect the bible to stand up to--I just read it. There is much gained from doing so--but I'm not judging anything by the circumstances, but rather by the overall understanding that continues to unfold in my mind, from reading it.

Why do you accept this? I thought you're a rather thoughtful, reasonable human being. And I could never accept these contradictions as "coming from God." Never.

God IS contradiction--how can anything be the source of ALL things and not be contradictory--however man's contradiction is more about hypocrisy, but God's is a more poetic juxtaposition. God doesn't say He's only good and not bad, or only light and not causing shadows. He freely admits that--but men don't--they think they must either be sinners or saints. But all saints start out as sinners. Even Yehoshua. He was 'without' sin, but certainly he was just as human as we are, while living among us.
I have to accept my own contradictions--honestly in the mirror each time I face myself--and always, really--if I am honest with myself I realize I am a walking contradiction. We all are. There is nothing wrong with that--God fashioned us this way, and so if He loves us, why can't we love ourselves, as well? Both the straightened sensible parts as well as the confusing darker parts--we've all got them.

The age old question of 'will good defeat evil?' is framed unrealistically. Just like in a worldly war of tangibles, neither side in a war ever truly wins. Casualties are losses no matter what. But if both sides decided to meet in the middle and agree to disagree--well, there would be peace. But our pride doesn't let us do that. We judge others because we seek to justify or nullify those parts of our own self that we don't like in other people. We can't admit we aren't what we think we should have been but it was never up to us. We should just love all the parts of the whole, without qualification. That's how good wins--it absorbs evil and washes it all with pure light which is unconditional love.

Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
(Romans 12:21)

See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
(1 Thessalonians 5:15)

For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
(1 Peter 3:10)

I think falsehood is far more contemptible and damaging that disobeying the rules--bearing false witness is a very harmful act--but even at that, many of them in the bible lied--Abraham and Isaac, and Jacob wrested the birthright from Esau with a lie to Isaac. But Esau didn't want it in the first place--justice works in mysterious ways and that's the ultimate thing.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
... Then you ACCEPT the New World Order -- denuded of any or all CONSENSUAL elements and merely a pyramidal hierarchy along with being dictated to in minute detail; having options limited to our "class and station" along with the DEPOPULATING of the world, as acceptable outcomes?

... If there's no such thing as evil, there is no way to judge history as moving backwards or forwards.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
That's the old testament, dbrandt--if you want to live there, that's fine.

Things can be learned from the OT. It's the same God in the OT as the NT.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

And there are promises of God there that apply to us also. Promises we need to read and know and take to heart becuase there will be things come at us in life that are hard.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
[12] Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
[13] And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

and

Joshua 1:9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

That's the old testament, dbrandt--if you want to live there, that's fine.

Things can be learned from the OT. It's the same God in the OT as the NT.

No kidding. While God hasn't changed--man has--by virtue of God's design.

The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
(1 Peter 3:21)

Your conscience should be just as clean as mine, dbrandt.

Do you serve sin or righteousness?

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshai2334
... Then you ACCEPT the New World Order -- denuded of any or all CONSENSUAL elements and merely a pyramidal hierarchy along with being dictated to in minute detail; having options limited to our "class and station" along with the DEPOPULATING of the world, as acceptable outcomes?

I don't accept it or reject it--when God takes over, none of it is going to matter, anyway. There's no sense in worrying about things like that (for me, that is.)

... If there's no such thing as evil, there is no way to judge history as moving backwards or forwards.

Who am I to judge history? What does good and evil have to do with time passing and memories accumulated?

It is events that become part of our memory that make time--and history. Backwards or forwards, a circle is a circle. But time isn't permanent, either--it is just for a season.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
You are incredibly patient, Queenannie, I cannot believe you are willing to devote so much time to debate and others, definetely "a man with a mission"! What is your mission? If you don't mind me asking...
Also I notice that you use the word "Truth" followed by a lot of ones and zeros as part of your signature, do you believe there may be a truth?
I was always convinced that there are as many truths as there are individuals on this planet, but I am always prepared to be convinced otherwise...?

Osbert+

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osbert
What is your mission? If you don't mind me asking...

I answered this via U2U--so check your box!

Also I notice that you use the word "Truth" followed by a lot of ones and zeros as part of your signature, do you believe there may be a truth?

I know there is a truth--and it is binary--binary as opposed to duality.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The misunderstanding comes early.. and we have been duped..

Moses when coming back from the mount, saw the people worshipping the Bull, so he broke the law, told them to kill people and after shedding the old age, he ushered in the new age by blowing the rams horn... similarly Jesus ushered in the age after, and now it is time for the individual holding the jug pouring the water.. (the next mazzorth/zodiak sign) He said he would be with us until the next age.....

Also I would like to point out... at the time we knew of 7 planets.. or seven heavens.. well now we have found 2 new planets... making 9.. also we could look at these as the 8th and 9th heavens, as above / so below.. similarly we have recognized or found 2 new heavens within our mind... I hope people see what I'm saying here..

edit: another thing to point out here is that because of the earths rotation.. (on its axis is spins, but it also has a wobble) which is why we are going backwards through the zodiak.. 'hence' nothing is new

That is the new world order.. the death of christianity.. or that as a teacher.. find it funny how our time is .. 2000ad? and theres.. 200bce (before christ existed) and 200ad (after the death)... and we have a seperation of church and state? or government and religeon? what lies..

[edit on 10/7/06 by dnero6911]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
8 is the number of regeneration

9 is the number of judgment

We're on schedule!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
find it funny how our time is .. 2000ad?

Not particularly. Tends to get numerologists excited and feeling special though.

and theres.. 200bce (before christ existed)

I've heard it used as Before the Christian Era or Before the Common Era, but first time for everything I guess. If it were "before Christ existed" it would be an infinitely larger number because "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the word was God...the Word became flesh and made his dwelling amoung us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and only who came from the Father full of grace and truth" (John 1). We discover in chapter 2 of John, that the name represented in "Word" is Christ. This passage (and others) says Christ was there in the beginning, long before 2,006 years ago. For example:

"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" John 8:58

Interesting to note what defines "Common" versus I guess "Uncommon(?)" era. The first change I'd seen this in was college textbooks. A conspiracy in and of itself to re-define historical definitions to secularism...perhaps for another thread sometime.

and 200ad (after the death)...

I thought it was "Anno Domini", meaning "The Year of Our Lord". If we say "after the death" that leaves ~33 years unaccounted for.

www.m-w.com...

Not a big issue, but going to have a hard time discussing if we can't agree on root definintions I think.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I find the Hebrew calendar to be both simple and functional....

For instance, we are in year 5766 of creation (meaning since creation of this current 'cosmos' i.e. world population--not of the globe itself--the Hebrews didn't flatter themselves that the world existed solely for their purposes).

According to their records (and they are excellent record keepers!) the world was 'created' (I assume maybe the first Sabbath was this day or the one following) on 25 Elul.

Which, FYI, this year falls on September 18 according to the Gregorian calendar. On the sixth day following that is the New Year (1 Tishrei) which may have actually been the first Sabbath....I really don't know.

But it's sure handy not having to add or subtract or whatever, that year that got screwed up from BC to AD (I still like the old terms)! or go from -BC to +AD when trying to figure out years that cross the Anno Domini yardline....

Just steady and she goes, year after year after year.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

the Hebrews didn't flatter themselves that the world existed solely for their purposes).

Perhaps they didn't flatter themselves (perhaps some did), but the world does exist for mankind's purpose:

"Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

"God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

"Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so." Genesis 1:26, 28-30

God doesn't have need of this floating ball of space, we do.

I'm also surprised to hear you say essentially that the calendar doesn't matter. Just as the AD/BC calendar was created, so was created the Hebrew calendar, yes? I don't recall at any point God giving the Hebrews a calendar nor marking a specific year in our timeline. Perhaps you have more insight? Something I've overlooked?

[edit on 19-7-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

the Hebrews didn't flatter themselves that the world existed solely for their purposes).

Perhaps they didn't flatter themselves (perhaps some did), but the world does exist for mankind's purpose:

"Then God said,

"God blessed "

"Then God said

God doesn't have need of this floating ball of space, we do.

I'm also surprised to hear you say essentially that the calendar doesn't matter. Just as the AD/BC calendar was created, so was created the Hebrew calendar, yes? I don't recall at any point God giving the Hebrews a calendar nor marking a specific year in our timeline. Perhaps you have more insight? Something I've overlooked?

[edit on 19-7-2006 by saint4God]

Whose this GOD you're talking about? Please define your God, and if you are to define your God as omnipotent, Eneffable, etc, please make sure there are no contradictions to his character and please do not use 2 examples, if there is ONE God, regardless of 'trinities'

I ask this not being a jerk or anything I'm very serious, and very curious.

and for your last piece there in the quote... I am VERY aware that Christ existed before Time existed, so you're not giving me any news there... I was just saying how much it is part of our history, how significant it was...

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Whose this GOD you're talking about? Please define your God, and if you are to define your God as omnipotent, Eneffable, etc, please make sure there are no contradictions to his character and please do not use 2 examples, if there is ONE God, regardless of 'trinities'

Queenannie, the person I'm addressing in this post, and I speak of the same God that is in the Bible. If I'm wrong Queenannie, please correct me. Having this common denominator makes it much easier since God talks about who He is instead of us trying to wrap our heads around the infinite Creator of the universe. I see no contradictions to what I've posted. I posted two pieces of the same chapter that were relevant to the point that God created the earth for us. I didn't bother to write what book and chapter it's from, I'm confident she already knows where it is.

Sure thing.

and for your last piece there in the quote... I am VERY aware that Christ existed before Time existed, so you're not giving me any news there...

Good deal. Surprisingly to some people it is in fact news to them.

I was just saying how much it is part of our history, how significant it was...

Gotcha, glad we're able to agree that it is very significant.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Queenannie, the person I'm addressing in this post, and I speak of the same God that is in the Bible. If I'm wrong Queenannie, please correct me. Having this common denominator makes it much easier since God talks about who He is instead of us trying to wrap our heads around the infinite Creator of the universe. I see no contradictions to what I've posted. I posted two pieces of the same chapter that were relevant to the point that God created the earth for us. I didn't bother to write what book and chapter it's from, I'm confident she already knows where it is.

Sure thing.

and for your last piece there in the quote... I am VERY aware that Christ existed before Time existed, so you're not giving me any news there...

Good deal. Surprisingly to some people it is in fact news to them.

I was just saying how much it is part of our history, how significant it was...

Gotcha, glad we're able to agree that it is very significant.

I'm not queenannie.. but okay..

and the God in the bible isn't the One true God.. it states it plainly that that is the jealous God. which God is not jealous.. that is why I asked, thank you for clearing that up.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

and the God in the bible isn't the One true God.. it states it plainly that that is the jealous God. which God is not jealous.. that is why I asked, thank you for clearing that up.

John 1:14
"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

John 5:44
"How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God?"

Romans 3:29
"Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, since there is only one God..."

...but what about other "gods"? Let's see what they are:

Exodus 32:31
"So Moses went back to the LORD and said, "Oh, what a great sin these people have committed! They have made themselves gods of gold."

Daniel 11:8
"He will also seize their gods, their metal images and their valuable articles of silver and gold and carry them off to Egypt. For some years he will leave the king of the North alone."

Acts 17:29
"Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by man's design and skill."

There's plenty more in the Book. This is why there's a difference between God and "gods".

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

John 1:14
"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

John 5:44
"How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God?"

Romans 3:29
"Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, since there is only one God..."

...but what about other "gods"? Let's see what they are:

Exodus 32:31
"So Moses went back to the LORD and said, "Oh, what a great sin these people have committed! They have made themselves gods of gold."

Daniel 11:8
"He will also seize their gods, their metal images and their valuable articles of silver and gold and carry them off to Egypt. For some years he will leave the king of the North alone."

Acts 17:29
"Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by man's design and skill."

There's plenty more in the Book. This is why there's a difference between God and "gods".

Quotes quotes and more quotes..

Great you have a book telling you there is one God..
the book that has a jealous God as the base of everything .. .. .. . .. I have nothing to say

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join