It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is the AntiChrist Religion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Originally posted by queenannie38
Christianity is more against Christ than those condemned by christians as pagan or satanists.

You have no idea what being a christian means.

Sure I do--'follower of Christ'--which was, in Antioch, a name first applied by gentiles, in the Greek language 'Christianios', to those who would, today, be called 'messianic jews' in order to differentiate between those Jews they were accustomed to and those of the new and unprecedented type of Jews who recognized Yehoshua as the suffering Messiah--because the orthodox Jews wouldn't have anything to do with the gentiles--especially eat with them--but suddenly there were these that were not only willing to share a meal but to share their Moshiach! It was confusing, I'm sure--if you understand to social structure of all the times up until then, from the days of Abraham.

Unfortunately, that isn't the case, for the most part, these days. What is presently called 'christianity' is a predominantly a mishmash of roman paganism and thinly disguised idolatry that didn't start in Antioch, but in Rome, under the Theodosian Code XVI.1.2 during the reign of Theodosius I circa 380AD.
Being 'protestant' doesn't make it any different, either--it just manifested an undeniable piece of evidence proving once and for all the falseness of the name being used as a banner--Christ is not divided.

It means someone has trusted Christ and what He has done for the remission/removal/forgiveness of their sins.

No, it means someone who cares more about what is going to happen to them after they die than they do about being zealous for God's name.
It is someone who 'boasts against the branches' and feels entitled to reappropriate God's words for Israel onto themselves as the 'church' and some even go so far to say their dreaded antichrist would be Jewish! :shk:
It is someone who is totally unaware that they are idolatrous in making Yehoshua (in his lifetime on Earth) a God instead of a man--to the point of even bearing false witness by misquoting the bible as agreeing with the misconception that he said he was God.

Pharisee then, christian today. Nothing new under the sun.

When that acceptance of who we are and who Jesus is and what He has done for us really takes place, by faith(an actual act of the will), then that person is no longer the same for the Holy Spirit has come to literally live in them. The Holy Spirit regenerates us and makes us a new creation.

When is it your turn? I haven't detected even the slightest change even in your words and attitude the whole time we've both been at ATS. Who are 'we,' anyway? Are you, perhaps, specially chosen by God for some certain reason? If so, what would it be? Why 'we' and not 'us, the whole world?'

Our way of thinking is changed(doesn't happen all at once, it's a daily thing. That's what picking up your cross means, seeking God's way over ours and the world's. Seeking God's purpose over ours and the world's. And you know what over time as our way of thinking is changed, God's will and purposes actually become what we want also).

You're kidding yourself.

In the days right after the crucifixion, the spirit descended upon men immediately and it was obvious to all around them. These days, God is the same--when the spirit comes, it is a very quick transformation. It's not the end, but the start--but it is noticeable, just the same. It can't be hidden! And it clears up the difference between truth and illusion.

The bad part about it is that men 'crept in unawares' such as Simon Magus, and then pretended to have something they'd only heard about but couldn't get by wish or by payment--to seem godly to other men--and those men believed the first men--and pretense turned into this insidious self-delusion over the course of two millenia.

It's called a 'strong delusion.'

Many christians are waiting for some super duper genius antichrist to come on the scene and fool all the world except them. But the reality of it is this: it's the christians who have been fooled! All along--ever since the close of the first apostolic period and harvest--which ended before the temple was even burned by Titus-- its been at work--so cleverly disguised that all but the 'elect' have been totally deceived! Being a christian doesn't make anyone 'elected'--how can one elect one's self? It is God who predestines--not man.

What did God say once?

I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.
Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed. (Isaiah 66:4-5)

God has chosen this delusion--and what is so feared and despised is something millions of people willingly participate in every single Sunday of the year.

And when someone has, for real, accepted Christ then the good works we do aren't a means of salvation, but an evidence of salvation.

'The good works we do'--do you hear yourself? :shk: You sound like a Pharisee. Truly.

And it's not true, in the first place--because if it were, there would be not a single homeless, hungry, or broken hearted soul in this country--as many people as claim to be christians. If christianity were all it is said to be, in the words of those who claim to be such--then the world wouldn't despise the USA as a global peace threat--and above all, there would be no such thing as atheism!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Unfortunately, that isn't the case, for the most part, these days. What is presently called 'christianity' is a predominantly a mishmash of roman paganism and thinly disguised idolatry that didn't start in Antioch, but in Rome, under the Theodosian Code XVI.1.2 during the reign of Theodosius I circa 380AD.

Please........................Roman paganism was in existence at the time of Jesus the Christ and certainly existed before this time. Christianity existed when Jesus the Lord was accepted as the prophesied Messiah. Your are just a disinformation of the truth machine. Free ride is over.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

It means someone has trusted Christ and what He has done for the remission/removal/forgiveness of their sins.

No, it means someone who cares more about what is going to happen to them after they die than they do about being zealous for God's name.

You say you aren't a christian and have problems with the christian faith. I am a christian. You are on the outside looking in and I am on the inside looking out.

Christianity is about each individuals sin and where that sin will put them for eternity. Jesus came to take the wrath of sin upon Himself in anothers place. With each persons sin we are seperated from God and at death will be for, for all of eternity. God is the one who calls and convicts someone of their sin that they may hear and place their faith in Christ for forgiveness of their sin. If that faith act was real, then that person is forgiven and saved and will forever live with God throughout eternity.

This is christianity, conviction that I have sinned against God, Turning to Christ by faith for forgivenss of all those sins, Indwelling by the Holy Spirit to lead us to repentance and a changed life. Our life then is given in service to God. At our jobs, we belong to Christ, in recreation time we belong to Christ, when we are asleep we belong to Christ. A christian is a christian 24/7 not just for 2 hours on Sunday.

Your statement about people worrying about what is going to happen when each dies being unimportant is flawed. That's part of the conviction process. Sin brings death, death brings seperation from God for all of eternity(I know you believe in reincarnation, but from the christian view it's not true) so somone should be concerned about what happens to them when they die, there is nothing wrong with that. Then when salvation comes and you know that you have been restored to God, you begin to see others around you and realize that that was once you. And you realize that you want NO ONE ELSE to be lost and without God for all of eternity. Then that is what you become, hands and feet and ears and eyes and a mouth given over to be used by God in proclaiming the salvation found only in Jesus Christ.

Now you view some meanings in the Bible differently than I do. You have no problem saying you are not a christian, I freely admit that I am. You use the Bible and other books to attain your view of truth. I use the Bible alone as the sole guide to what God wants us to know.

No problem, you are free to do that and so am I.

But there aren't two ways to truth, only one way.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Quote: By DBRANDT
"You say you aren't a christian and have problems with the christian faith. I am a christian. You are on the outside looking in and I am on the inside looking out."

I read what you say about your belief and your sins and your Bible..

I confess having also problems with several bits of logic in the Bible, if you were a Creator who is Omniscient would you when creating your species go to the bother of using a rib and some mud? More importantly since you are "All Knowing" and can see into the future why would you create a couple called Adam and Eve and put them to a test that you knew they would not pass?
If you know it in advance, why bother? Give them an inferiority complex?
Osbert

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is mere mocking.

Obviously, the poster has no detailed knowledge of the Creator, either based on his own experience or based on a thorough-going knowledge of the experiences of those who wrote what is now the canon.

So, there is no answer to insolence such as this. Just, stuff it.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I do confess, I have no direct contact with your Creator, I have never met anybody who does, not even priests , mullahs or rabbis. They who tell such marvellous stories certainly do not live by the sweat of their brow.
But it is a fair question:

Why build a house that falls down?

So that you can send them out of Paradise so that you can send a flood to kill mankind or send your Son to be crucified or so that you may prepare your creation for Armageddon?

Wake up and smell the coffee,
Osbert
(I love you too)

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Same argument applies once more.

If you are not speaking from some form of experience or knowledge, what are you establishing as true?

I would think someone in your position would be listening to glean what experiences might be possible for you, instead of merely demeaning those of other people.

What kind of rhetoric is this--just another strawman argument? "Well, there's this point of view and it can't hold water!" a strawman argument goes.

How would you KNOW what can hold water and what can't, if you've never floated your own boat?

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osbert
I do confess, I have no direct contact with your Creator, I have never met anybody who does, not even priests , mullahs or rabbis. They who tell such marvellous stories certainly do not live by the sweat of their brow.

Those that attain to positions of public recognition wouldn't be the ones in the know, from my personal experience and observations--which tells me that humility is one of the most authentic traits of true godliness. It's the hermits, the outcasts, and the lonely oracles upon high mountain tops who know what they're talking about--yet no one ever wants to hear their versions--since they despise their way of life as not being 'blessed' according to worldly standards.

But it is a fair question:

Why build a house that falls down?

I agree--a totally fair question. No one wants that question voiced, though...

But as to who builds a house that falls down?

Certainly not God, at least not a true God--who is perfect and just--righteous and merciful. And above all, not a God who is the origin of human mind (which includes logic, reason, and unlimited genius--these are manifested in man to a degree--where is God's logic in their religions? that's the biggest disqualifier, IMO)

Men build sand castles. And they build divided kingdoms and wonder later why they fall every time...

So that you can send them out of Paradise so that you can send a flood to kill mankind or send your Son to be crucified or so that you may prepare your creation for Armageddon?

Makes little sense, huh? As for myself, I couldn't deny that there was a God--born with knowing that, in my heart (for whatever reason) and yet also logical and enjoying the voice of reason and the richness and variety of world history that is continually being expanded and advanced with new discoveries and science...

What to do? Well, I quested for the truth--not mine, not a religion's, not the world's--and I knew the truth was certainly just ONE.

And my findings continue to amaze me--and my 'invectives' toward the maligning done toward God done for the sake of 'saving sinners' grow more vehement by the day. It sickens me to see selfishness and personal motivations reduce God's possibilities to such petty politics represented by the christian 'authorities.' 'Heaven' is a poor substitute for the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth--on it's way, but not even, in part, experienced by humanity in the present age!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I confess having also problems with several bits of logic in the Bible, if you were a Creator who is Omniscient would you when creating your species go to the bother of using a rib and some mud? More importantly since you are "All Knowing" and can see into the future why would you create a couple called Adam and Eve and put them to a test that you knew they would not pass?
If you know it in advance, why bother? Give them an inferiority complex?
Osbert

I don't know either why you would use a rib and dirt.

As far as Adam and Eve's choice, it was a choice and God knew they would choose wrong, but being omniscient before the foundation of the world it was already known to God that Christ would have to die for the sins of the world.

We are made in God's image. We are to be able to give and get love(and I'm not talking sex). But without the power to choose the is no ability to love. Without humans having a free will it would not be possible for love to be a part of our makeup.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I peety Jesus and God ... really .. I do peety them... I mean if God did create humans, and If Jesus did die to give humans a "passport" to a better place and eternal life... I do really peety them both.. they'd be better of just blowing this all Planet to pieces or just giving this "passport" to some other civilization or species more worthy.

An opinion STOPS beeing an opinion when it has nothing to base itself on. Than it just becomes plain idiocy. Theres so much idiocy going on in this Forum anymore, that I wonder soemtimes if some of the conspirators haven't open a doorway to the middle ages.

So the Bible promotes amongst other things cannibalism, huh ?? Dang it .. i knew i had been on the wrong diet.

I just wonder if the person that posted this NONSENSE (not an opinion...simply NONSENSE) even bothered to read the Bible ??? Or just found that "opinion" in some other "Scholar" website and slapt it on the board.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

So the Bible promotes amongst other things cannibalism, huh ?? Dang it .. i knew i had been on the wrong diet.

Could you give the reference where cannibalism is promoted as agood thing in the Bible? I am guessing you mean that it is something God says is OK to do.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

Could you give the reference where cannibalism is promoted as agood thing in the Bible? I am guessing you mean that it is something God says is OK to do.

nope... I was just replyint to the person who started the post. NOWHERE in the Bible does God promote canibalism..not even close.. I was beeing cinical and sarcastic.

[edit on 8-7-2006 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It is of course your conscience and your dignity that holds water, that is the true ship.
Not a canonized, not a directed, not somebody else's opinion as to what right and wrong is but your own personal decorum.
The nearest I can get to God, and I love Him to hurt, is my own conscience, not what some other might suggest.
I don't know about your God but mine knows me inside out and I do not need to confess or obey because I am a Martian and He knows me.
Go on believing the rules you are fed by priests and you will never know your personal God.
It is personal, it is intimate, it is your own and you can not lie or be disloyal to your own conscience.
KNOW THYSELF is my humble advice.

Osbert+

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
No, God did not make us in his image, we are so vain that we made God in our image.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Osbert--

You are a man after God's own heart! Glad to hear those words you spoke, truly!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osbert No, God did not make us in his image, we are so vain that we made God in our image.

Well, that's an opinion.
But believing that men make God in their image is not the same as KNOWING.

Saints and prophets who have KNOWN God speak differently.

[edit on 8-7-2006 by joshai2334]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Go on believing the rules you are fed by priests and you will never know your personal God.

I notice you are using the word priest, catholic church priest I am presuming. If it is I am in agreement, the catholic church doesn't teach how to be saved.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

No, God did not make us in his image, we are so vain that we made God in our image.

People do make God into one that they desire him to be, that is why you need to read the Bible to find out who He is so we can become who He wants us to be.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Thank you Queeny, nice of you to say that.

There are undoubtely a great deal of people who have dedicated their life to KNOWING.
Some describe ecstatic fanatical knowledge, others wise tempered words. Some like St Francis have just been "beatified" by the Church because their teachings became very popular. Quite frankly I do not think one has time to study in detail all the Saints and Visionaries." By their fruits shall you judge them."
But wise men and women are everywhere and not the monopoly of Christianity.Think of all the other great religions in the world.

With regards to the Bible, you must know that it was not written in English to start with and its translation was doctored to suit the culture of the time.

For instance, the verse " In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God...." was originally written in aramaic: the word God was ALHIM (Elohim) which both masculine and feminine.Very different from the image that comes from the Bible !
All I am saying really is that one should cast a wide net, not just believe what you are told: sift through your very own logic and ingenium, take in what agrees with your conscience.

And as Mr Spock would have said "LIve long and prosper"

Osbert+

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   

All I am saying really is that one should cast a wide net, not just believe what you are told: sift through your very own logic and ingenium, take in what agrees with your conscience.

So then it comes back to the following:Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

You can't trust your heart and what you believe, unless you have placed your faith in Christ, and even then a person has to watch it because we have to stay in close fellowship with God(by Bible reading, prayer, church attendance etc) so that we don't stray into false thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join