learn more

Christianity is the AntiChrist Religion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaimless
Ok so here is how this goes. This conspiracy theory is a totally spiritual one. Satan has hid him self in the Christian Churches.
Within the bible it says there with be a Anti-Christ religion and that they will call themselves by his name. Does the word CHRISTian have anyones name in it that they might know?

wow that hit me like a train! you know the word CHRIST in ANTICHRIST... is also a word in CHRISTianity....... all of them have a word in common!

WHERE in the bible does it say this is true or can you quote from it?? because if your right then ill be damned.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
"For many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the anti-Christ." 2 Joh 7

"Get out of her if you do not want to share in her plagues." Rev. 17:5 thru 18:4

Personally, I've removed myself from the system, due to the contradictions in it.

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard

Ok so here is how this goes. This conspiracy theory is a totally spiritual one. Satan has hid him self in the Christian Churches.
Within the bible it says there with be a Anti-Christ religion and that they will call themselves by his name. Does the word CHRISTian have anyones name in it that they might know?

wow that hit me like a train! you know the word CHRIST in ANTICHRIST... is also a word in CHRISTianity....... all of them have a word in common!

WHERE in the bible does it say this is true or can you quote from it?? because if your right then ill be damned.

[edit on 25-6-2006 by joshai2334]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard

I also want to know the reference for this. I've read the Bible over and over and haven't got a clue what you are talking about, so please give the reference.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisconsin
Most of them did. Some are still around. "The Twilight Spectrum" and "Exotica Mulder" cults read alot of Heavens Gate literature from what my cousin's sister in law told me. Other websites also say the same.

Wisconsin

Interesting, thanks for this
. I've not heard either before, perhaps there will be a thread on it sometime? I don't have enough information to get one going. Sounds like you have a close family too. Kudos for that as well
. It is becoming more and more rare to find families together. I hope there will be an awakening to what divorce and family spits are doing to us and work to reverse this direction.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Yes I am totally fearless. And no one ever listens much to what I have to say...

But they're going to be wishing they had, real soon! (Anthony and Jake and dbrandt)

heh. Amusing. Does listening mean agreeing?

I don't think I caught your point, unless, of course, you were being serious in saying you were going to unleash the pit against us? If so, bring it on; my God has already won that war.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
heh. Amusing. Does listening mean agreeing?

6 months, Jake, and then I'll check back with you about your position.

I don't think I caught your point, unless, of course, you were being serious in saying you were going to unleash the pit against us? If so, bring it on; my God has already won that war.

There is only ONE God, Jake. Not yours exclusively, either.

No one is going to fight your battle for you, Jake...

And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
(Revelation 13:6-8 KJV)

Either you are a 'saint' and have been given over to be overcome by this blasphemer, or you are one that worships this blasphemer.

You can't just sit and wait and overcome. Christianity is a lie, because it is idolatrous to worship the 'son of man' as God.

And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
(Revelation 13:3-4 KJV)

I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
(Ecclesiastes 3:18-19 KJV)

Worship God only. Not the Son of God and certainly not the son of man. Would you bow down to Nebudchadnezzar?
No?
Then why would you bow to Yehoshua who was also a man?

But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
(Hebrews 10:12 KJV)

Paul says he is a man, at the right hand of God.

Art thou the Christ? tell us. And he said unto them, If I tell you, ye will not believe: And if I also ask you, ye will not answer me, nor let me go. Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God. Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am. And they said, What need we any further witness? for we ourselves have heard of his own mouth.
(Luke 22:67-71 KJV)

Christ called himself the Son of Man in regard to the right hand of God's power.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
6 months until what?

You are right that there is only one God, and He is not exclusively mine. He is a God who has indescribable mercy and compassion for us, yet is totally and completely just. He is a God who has chosen us, wants to be with us, and loves us. He calls our name and it pierces the darkness. He stands at the door and knocks continually until we open that door and invite Him into our lives. He is a God who sacrificed Himself for our sin, winning the war against Satan. He has chosen us, made us holy, clean, and we are beloved by him (Col 3:12). He is our rock, He is our salvation, He is our strength. David knew he didn't stand a chance against Goliath on his own, but with God fighting his battles for him, there was nothing that could stop him. Moses knew he could not lead Israel to freedom by himself. Yet, with God fighting his battles for him, he was able to free the Israelites from Egyptian rule, part the red sea, and, eventually, the Israelites were able to claim Canaan.

He is the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Christ Jesus, the worlds' savior, redeemer, and friend.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

so please give the reference.

2 days and I'm still waiting for the Bible book chapter and verse reference for this accusation.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   

6 months until what?

Whaddya' think?!?!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

6 months until what?

Whaddya' think?!?!

No idea, that's why I asked. Care to elaborate?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Sure you have an idea--you just don't think I could possibly have any idea about what you think you are entitled to as a 'christian,' ahead of those who are not 'christians.'

Christ is on the horizon, Jake! You can see the weather and the forecast but you cannot see the LORD approaching? You can't feel it in your bones, in your soul, in your heart?

Everyone will be celebrating and you will be scowling in the corner, calling God the 'antichrist.'

God will say, 'Beloved Jake, whatever is the matter?' (although certainly God knows your heart)

You will say 'You are not God! You are the antichrist!'

God will laugh and gently wait until you see...

When you see yourself, then you will be able to recognize God, Jake.

That's why 'antichrist' is first!!!

'In order to be fully cleansed, one must first be stained.'

To deny stain is to live in pain, but seeing the evil reveals the GOOD! And only God is GOOD!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Sure you have an idea--you just don't think I could possibly have any idea about what you think you are entitled to as a 'christian,' ahead of those who are not 'christians.'

Christ is on the horizon, Jake! You can see the weather and the forecast but you cannot see the LORD approaching? You can't feel it in your bones, in your soul, in your heart?

Everyone will be celebrating and you will be scowling in the corner, calling God the 'antichrist.'

God will say, 'Beloved Jake, whatever is the matter?' (although certainly God knows your heart)

You will say 'You are not God! You are the antichrist!'

God will laugh and gently wait until you see...

When you see yourself, then you will be able to recognize God, Jake.

That's why 'antichrist' is first!!!

'In order to be fully cleansed, one must first be stained.'

To deny stain is to live in pain, but seeing the evil reveals the GOOD! And only God is GOOD!

Yes, I see the signs of the return of Christ for those whose lamps are full of oil.

I think however that you are referring to the Coming Cosmic Christ, the Antichist.

This is the Christ that you are waiting for, your master and lord.

I have no clue what is in it for you to lead the blind further astray.

What's in it for you?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Yes, I see the signs of the return of Christ for those whose lamps are full of oil.

See there!

I think however that you are referring to the Coming Cosmic Christ, the Antichist.

What is the 'coming cosmic christ?'
Is it something from your favorite movie?

This is the Christ that you are waiting for, your master and lord.

You are so self-righteous! I know you really believe you are right--and yet I still am in awe at the lengths to which you will go to put yourself apart from someone else based on, um, what was it again...

oh yeah, it was my AVATAR wasn't it?

So be it. Whatever you think is right then must be right for you.

I have no clue what is in it for you to lead the blind further astray.

You lack many clues, so I'm really not surprised at that statement.

What's in it for you?

What would be in it for me, Sun Matrix? Truly?

Ask yourself that, don't ask me.

You have no regard for any word I say. Why bother saying anything to me, at all?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by shantyman
In the Age of Faith, heresy is a much greater crime than stealing bread.

Now that seems either hypocritical or oxymoronic....I can't figure out which....

Especially in light of what you had posted just prior:

Christ is pretty much transparent as to His agenda. To redeem the world from sin.

????????

The church at the time - a human institution, and therefor flawed

So, like, what's changed?

You also asked:

Half of the world's population is in thrall to Satan?

It would seem that it's not half but 'all', if indeed we are, according christian eschatologists, in the 'end times':

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
(Revelation 13:8 KJV)

??????????

Ah me. Here we go again ....

Any historian will tell you that to understand history, you must understand that the mores and folkways of people in historical times are not ours. To understand historical events, you really need to understand the motivations and perspectives of the people who enacted them. This is why history is such a complex discipline.
The Age of Faith refers to a period of time from about 325 to about 1300 AD. Sorry if that was a problem.

Stealing bread was a crime (still is, but we are still in that Age of Faith time, ok?). Heresy was a crime that damned not only yourself but also could lead others into heresy. For people who believed that the afterlife was much more important than this life, which do YOU think was the bigger crime? You may think that this is hypocritical, but than we are talking about the point of view of people who lived 1300 years or more ago. How 'oxymoronic' comes into play, I am not quite sure... and yes, I DO understand the meaning of the word, thanks.

I also don't see any contradiction in my statement about the 'agenda' of Christ - perhaps the choice of words was imprecise or flippant. If you are a Christian or well versed in Christian theology - and I fear it's safe to say neither applies - you would know that Christ came to earth as a man to suffer the Passion. In doing so, he opened the Gates of Heaven that were closed to man after the expulsion from Eden. His sacrifice made it possible for men and women to be clensed of sin so that they may be worthy to enter into God's presence. Christians believe that the practice of His teachings and adherence to the doctrines of our faith bring us closer to what God meant us to be before the Fall from Grace. We are imperfect creatures through our sins and faults. Christ gave us the means to pursue a life that allows us to see the love the God has for us all.

As to the 'end times' - I quote the Catholic Catechism...

God has said everything in his Word

65 "In many and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son."[26] Christ, the Son of God made man, is the Father's one, perfect and unsurpassable Word. In him he has said everything; there will be no other word than this one. St. John of the Cross, among others, commented strikingly on Hebrews 1:1-2:

In giving us his Son, his only Word (for he possesses no other), he spoke everything to us at once in this sole Word - and he has no more to say. . . because what he spoke before to the prophets in parts, he has now spoken all at once by giving us the All Who is His Son. Any person questioning God or desiring some vision or revelation would be guilty not only of foolish behaviour but also of offending him, by not fixing his eyes entirely upon Christ and by living with the desire for some other novelty.[27]

As Catholics, we believe that the last Revelation, the last prophecy was the birth of Christ. All prophecies and revelations leading to this point were about His birth. This is Catholic doctrine that is not shared by many Christians - and I respect their point of view even if I don't neccesarily agree with it. The Book of Revelations is a pretty intense and sophisticated piece of work. It most likely does date to within the 1st century AD. Many scholars maintain that it was written by John the Apostle, but others point to his gospel and the Book of Revelations and see some major stylistic inconsistencies. There are a number of explanations for Revelations

- I could be wrong - hoo boy, what a surprise that would be on Rapture day....
- The book of Revelations was a allegory for the sufferings of the nascent Church.
This is one I personally like for a variety of reasons. Domitian was actively
persecuting Christians and the Revelations kind of reminds me of Daniel...
- Vischer's theory: this states that the Revelations was a purely Jewish work in a
manner consistent with writings contemporary with Jewish works of the time.
Vischer believed that the works were 'Christianized' for some reason.

I understand that this thread is predicated on accepting the tenets of the Book of Revelations. It's a difficult book to read critically - most people just don't have the patience or the theological and historical background to deal with it...refer to the beginning of my post about the dangers of projecting our perspectives on people who lived long ago. I have read it numerous times and am still hammering it out - and expect I will be for years to come. I absolutely claim no expertise in the Book as a whole. I do speak with conviction on the points I have outlined in this post. If you chose to disagree, that's fine with me. Just don't be flippant or foolish - I am reaching a point where I am growing weary of the childish, rude, and asinine. If you disagree, give me something to back you up - and ... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be mindful of your sources.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by shantyman
Any historian will tell you that to understand history, you must understand that the mores and folkways of people in historical times are not ours. To understand historical events, you really need to understand the motivations and perspectives of the people who enacted them. This is why history is such a complex discipline.
The Age of Faith refers to a period of time from about 325 to about 1300 AD. Sorry if that was a problem.

Not for me. I am a big promoter of that very principle--and as such, have followed up my conviction with lots and lots of study--of history.

Stealing bread was a crime (still is, but we are still in that Age of Faith time, ok?). Heresy was a crime that damned not only yourself but also could lead others into heresy.

I'm confused on what you're saying--largely because of the tenses of your verbs...is and was...now or then....and I'm not sure it would nullify the point I was making in regard to the hypocrisy that is the very definition of what you call 'the age of faith.'

For people who believed that the afterlife was much more important than this life, which do YOU think was the bigger crime?

The one that earned a poor old soul the honor of being publicly barbecued or equivalent.
And it seems that, for a period of time, just daring to own a bible could earn unwanted martyrdom.
Nothing about the dark ages is excusable and that is another reason that what seems of 'christ' is, on all counts, directly against enlightenment -- a God given right taken by the state pretty much seals it for me.

You may think that this is hypocritical, but than we are talking about the point of view of people who lived 1300 years or more ago.

Timelines have nothing to do with it. The hypocrisy lies in the blatant contradiction of policies and agendas put forth by the so-called bride of Christ and its self appointed clergy. There is no defense that can nullify the effects of such unabashed conjecture.

How 'oxymoronic' comes into play, I am not quite sure.

Then just forget it. Doesn't matter enough to warrant a lengthy explanation, anyway.!

If you are a Christian or well versed in Christian theology - and I fear it's safe to say neither applies - you would know that Christ came to earth as a man to suffer the Passion.

Why would you think I'm not? I am very well versed on that subject, as well. Just because I don't go along with the persuasive efforts the theology was formed in order to support doesn't mean I'm not fully understanding what the theology purports.

Christians believe that the practice of His teachings and adherence to the doctrines of our faith bring us closer to what God meant us to be before the Fall from Grace. We are imperfect creatures through our sins and faults. Christ gave us the means to pursue a life that allows us to see the love the God has for us all.

No, Christ gave Israel the means to serve the world as it blooms back to eden from its on-the-brink-of-disaster position that we are in this very day!

As to the 'end times' - I quote the Catholic Catechism...
(...)
There are a number of explanations for Revelations

Believe it or not, I've read the whole thing--at least once. It's a bunch of rubbish, too. Compared to the bible, it is obvious they made the straits wide enough to fit the bulk of the Roman empire--with a bit of room to grow on, too. If they keep revising their inerrant infallible authorative doctrines, soon they'll make the full circle!

Vischer's theory: this states that the Revelations was a purely Jewish work in a manner consistent with writings contemporary with Jewish works of the time.
Vischer believed that the works were 'Christianized' for some reason.

Whomever Vischer is, he's sharper than most--up to a point.

I absolutely claim no expertise in the Book as a whole.

It's in the style of the early Hebrew prophets--written in Koine Greek. It must be read according to the prophetic style that was unique to the Hebrews before the Babylonian Exile--and even at that, I'm sure it would stump the Talmud scholars of today, because it is not something that is scholastically discerned.

I do speak with conviction on the points I have outlined in this post. If you chose to disagree, that's fine with me.

I don't even understand what you're saying, anyway. The points you make are valid, IMO, but I don't see them applied in your explanations.

Just don't be flippant or foolish - I am reaching a point where I am growing weary of the childish, rude, and asinine.

By the same token, don't be so condescending to the other posters--without even knowing who you are addressing. I'm not one to weary another by being asinine or childish, but I can see how you might be easily wearied with such a load of pride to haul around on your back.

Just be cool and most everyone else will be cool, too. That principle never fails to work, especially here at ATS.

If you disagree, give me something to back you up - and ... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be mindful of your sources.

I don't really care to go any further than this--find someone else with a bended back upon which you can perch. You're way too smart for me!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Maybe you are are more limited than I realized.

You are so self-righteous!

LOL.................a believer in the truth is anyting but self righteous, but you know that.

So be it. Whatever you think is right then must be right for you.

Please use comments like this for the blind.

You lack many clues, so I'm really not surprised at that statement.

As if you really have anything to gain for leading people astray? I smell that fear in you again.

I notice that you run from direct questions quite often. I also notice when you make false statements about the Bible you never comment after I point out your misdirections.

You have no regard for any word I say. Why bother saying anything to me, at all?

Because you lead the blind further from the truth. You have been getting a free pass around here for too long. When the truth comes out, Jesus is Lord.... oops, you seem to become rattled and the real Annie comes out to play for all to see.

I also can learn things from you that will upset you master. Learned something else from you the other day, indirectly. Your master is going to be sooooooooooooooooo pissed pretty soon.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I am still waiting for the verse reference. I now believe there is no verse reference. This was made up because the vast majority of people have not read the Bible, so this was one of those attempts to deceive.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

I am still waiting for the verse reference. I now believe there is no verse reference. This was made up because the vast majority of people have not read the Bible, so this was one of those attempts to deceive.

Here you go:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock

(Matthew 7:21-24 KJV)

Not a deception; maybe Zaimless is out of pocket or too busy to reply. At any rate, you being the saved christian evangelizer should have known immediately what verse he was referring to, and prepared to offer a correct exegesis--providing Zaimless had been incorrect, that is--but I went ahead and posted the verse, so that you wouldn't make your three replies into four which makes it more like persistent nagging than 'hey man, where'd you go?'

Here is another one, for reinforcement:

For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
(Luke 6:43-46 KJV)

Okay. I'll be looking for your response! Don't make me wait too long, dear.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

Maybe you are are more limited than I realized.

No, just on a very narrow path.

As if you really have anything to gain for leading people astray? I smell that fear in you again.

I notice that you run from direct questions quite often. I also notice when you make false statements about the Bible you never comment after I point out your misdirections.

I have no fear--of you or anyone else. Don't kid yourself, because you know good and well that I don't.

But I'm thinking that your comments above mean that you are going to take me up on my invite to a formal debate--since your friends won't, maybe you are their hero.
Your choice of topic, but only biblical evidence allowed. If you don't take up that challenge, then I suggest you learn to bridle your tongue because you say things you have no business saying to anyone, including me.

Because you lead the blind further from the truth. You have been getting a free pass around here for too long. When the truth comes out, Jesus is Lord.... oops, you seem to become rattled and the real Annie comes out to play for all to see.

Matrix, there is only one annie. Same one, all the time. This is a free public forum--why can't I have a free pass? I don't break the rules and so far I have merited no warning. So what's your problem with a free pass?

I also can learn things from you that will upset you master. Learned something else from you the other day, indirectly. Your master is going to be sooooooooooooooooo pissed pretty soon.

Right.

Take up the gauntlet is all I have to say to that. If you don't, then we'll both know who is scared.
And I already know it ain't me, baby.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

take me up on my invite to a formal debate

What's this about a formal debate? Contact me by U2U if you're serious so we can figure out how it would work

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join