It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is the AntiChrist Religion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by point
That doesn't mean the books couldn't possibly have been tampered with or altered by others well after Christ's time.

So what you're saying that you haven't even a shred of documentation, testimony or account that there are purple aliens living on Pluto nor that the books were possibly tampered with/altered by others well after Christ's time?

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

That doesn't mean the books couldn't possibly have been tampered with or altered by others well after Christ's time.

So what you're saying that you haven't even a shred of documentation, testimony or account that there are purple aliens living on Pluto nor that the books were possibly tampered with/altered by others well after Christ's time?

First you bring up 'speaking from beyond the grave' and now 'purple aliens living on Pluto'.
Neither topics have anything to do with my previous question or the statement above.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Come to think of it christianity might be an evil religeion fooled to be good to keep the balance of good and evil on earth and heaven and hell.Who starts all the wars

Im not religeoius but I don't beleive in good and evil. There is no good and there is no evil.If they are let them be.Forget about it.

[edit on 27-5-2006 by Hawaii_boy]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

First you bring up 'speaking from beyond the grave' and now 'purple aliens living on Pluto'.
Neither topics have anything to do with my previous question or the statement above.

Yet the evidence for all three are the same. Hmmm.....

[edit on 27-5-2006 by saint4God]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaimless
Within the bible it says there with be a Anti-Christ religion and that they will call themselves by his name.

Could you post the verse references so I can look them up. Thanks

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawaii_boy
Come to think of it christianity might be an evil religeion fooled to be good to keep the balance of good and evil on earth and heaven and hell.Who starts all the wars

[edit on 27-5-2006 by Hawaii_boy]

??? Christianity evil? perhaps so (though I tend to agree with your comment on duality bit...)
Jesus seemed cool enough to me (though he isnt what the Christians think he is...more like a Buddah. Go Jehudah (cool Jesus & Budah is like Yehuda/Judah) heheh

peace

dalen

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Christ is pretty much transparent as to His agenda. To redeem the world from sin. He spoke pretty clearly on His mission. The church that was founded has existed for two millienia. There is no dualism inherent in any of His works or His words. There is no 'evil is simply the obverse of good'. Evil is evil. Sin is sin. Satan tempted Him more than once. There was no quid pro quo.

Now, of course, I am using the Bible and two thousand years of Christian thought and tradition to back up my perspective. The counter to my point of view has a rich tradition of a century or so. It's more modern, so it must be true. Half of the world's population is in thrall to Satan? How? Christian charity organizations provide social services that no government could provide. How is this advancing the agenda of the Anti-Christ? Pope Benedict has issued his encyclical "God is Love". It is a gentle and compassionate work. How does this advance Satan's plan?

If anything, the mass communication industry, the entertainment moguls, and the multinationals are the handmaidens of the adversary. Glorification of a wasteful consumer culture, dehumanization of people, objectification of women as mere sex objects, the instillation of a drive to satisfy immediate and personal whims...this sounds like the agenda of an Anti-Christ to me. Don't look at John Paul and Benedict - take a good look at the elite of multinational corporations. There is the enemy.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by shantyman
Now, of course, I am using the Bible and two thousand years of Christian thought and tradition to back up my perspective.

Hope you dont use the murdering barbecues or torture in that perspective.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
ahh... another bible bashing thread. CLICHE?!

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikePhil

Now, of course, I am using the Bible and two thousand years of Christian thought and tradition to back up my perspective.

Hope you dont use the murdering barbecues or torture in that perspective.

I have in several posts discussed these very charges. The issue at hand is perspective. Historians are trained to evaluated events in terms of the values and the norms of the time. The inquisition was dreadful. So was branding vagrants. So was aputating hands for theft. So was the concept of trial by combat and ordeal. So was slavery. Child labor. Violent punishment for petty crimes. Life was cheap throughout most of human history. And it still is in far too many places. For us to look at the events several centuries distant, we must be willing to evaluate events in the context of a world where all that I mentioned is commonplace.

Pope John Paul II expressed regret over the actions of the Inquisition. He did it out a genuine sense of remorse but likely undestanding that this apology was somehow irrelevant. In the Age of Faith, heresy is a much greater crime than stealing bread. Torture was - and still is - a common way of coercing a confession. The church at the time - a human institution, and therefor flawed - responded not according to the teachings of Christ but by the conventions of the day. This is what the Holy Father was remorseful about.

I do hope that you don't mind that I treated your flippant remark with serious consideration and deliberation. Imagine what kind of dialogue we would have if the conversation had more substance than splash....

God Bless ....

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Heaven's Gate and Mulderism seem to a share a similar view that Orthodox Christianity is a lie and Anti Christ. Jehovah's Witnesses share the same sentiments.

Wisconsin

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisconsin
Heaven's Gate and Mulderism seem to a share a similar view that Orthodox Christianity is a lie and Anti Christ. Jehovah's Witnesses share the same sentiments.

Wisconsin

Didn't Heaven's Gate kill all of themselves off?
www.rickross.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   

In the Age of Faith, heresy is a much greater crime than stealing bread.

Now that seems either hypocritical or oxymoronic....I can't figure out which....

Especially in light of what you had posted just prior:

Christ is pretty much transparent as to His agenda. To redeem the world from sin.

????????

The church at the time - a human institution, and therefor flawed

So, like, what's changed?

You also asked:

Half of the world's population is in thrall to Satan?

It would seem that it's not half but 'all', if indeed we are, according christian eschatologists, in the 'end times':

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
(Revelation 13:8 KJV)

??????????

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Annie, I detect that you are fairly fearless.

Why do you bother to come here? Does anyone listen to you?

Kermie

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by joshai2334

Kermie

Hi Kermie!!!

Yes I am totally fearless. And no one ever listens much to what I have to say...

But they're going to be wishing they had, real soon! (Anthony and Jake and dbrandt)

Because I've got the keys to unlock that pit where the scorpions are waiting with Abaddon for this very day...
As a matter of fact, the destroyer is my brother! And the Romans crowned him once with thorns and then killed him and cast him outside the gates to burn in Gehenna.... I'm going to let him loose!

Let the festivities begin! I am come conquering and to conquer.

Peace, Kermie!!

the ALMIGHTY God be with you and pour his blessings on your little green head!

I, Queen annie declared it and so it will be done...

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by joshai2334

Kermie

Hi Kermie!!!

Yes I am totally fearless. And no one ever listens much to what I have to say...

But they're going to be wishing they had, real soon! (Anthony and Jake and dbrandt)

Because I've got the keys to unlock that pit where the scorpions are waiting with Abaddon for this very day...
As a matter of fact, the destroyer is my brother! And the Romans crowned him once with thorns and then killed him and cast him outside the gates to burn in Gehenna.... I'm going to let him loose!

Let the festivities begin! I am come conquering and to conquer.

Peace, Kermie!!

the ALMIGHTY God be with you and pour his blessings on your little green head!

I, Queen annie declared it and so it will be done...

There you go Queenannie. It's nice that you would come out and show everyone who you really are. Got a little boring hiding behind love, love, love I guess.

I detect that you are very fearful. You are afraid of the truth. Jesus is Lord. I bet that hurt.

By the way, It is written that your master can't come to power until Him who restrains is taken out of the way. That will be a glorious day for some. Sorry, that you will miss the real party.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

There you go Queenannie. It's nice that you would come out and show everyone who you really are. Got a little boring hiding behind love, love, love I guess.

Ill stick up for Queenannie here because basically she shares my same beliefs. First off, what is so boring about love. Personally, I think "OBEDIANCE!! DEATH!!! BOW TO ME!! SUBMIT!! DIE INFIDELS!!" Is quite boring compared to Queenannie and my version of life and spirituality.

I detect that you are very fearful. You are afraid of the truth. Jesus is Lord. I bet that hurt.

Oh yeah, I bet we can see Jesus now pointing guns to our heads laughing and shouting, "WORSHIP ME OR DIE!!!"

By the way, It is written that your master can't come to power until Him who restrains is taken out of the way.

Are you saying that Queenannie is satanic? Wow that must REALLY make you happy to go around and judge her just because she is not Christian. Obviously you must have some pain in your life yourself if you have to go around calling people satanic and feel good about it.

That will be a glorious day for some.

Wow thank God I'm not that blood thirsty

Sorry, that you will miss the real party.

Yeah I will be pleased to miss that party. I would rather not throw party celebrating the fact that all the people who are not in my religion are suffering in hell.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Ill stick up for Queenannie here because basically she shares my same beliefs.

Here's Queenannie's post, is this what you believe?????????????

Yes I am totally fearless. And no one ever listens much to what I have to say...But they're going to be wishing they had, real soon! (Anthony and Jake and dbrandt) Because I've got the keys to unlock that pit where the scorpions are waiting with Abaddon for this very day... As a matter of fact, the destroyer is my brother! And the Romans crowned him once with thorns and then killed him and cast him outside the gates to burn in Gehenna.... I'm going to let him loose! Let the festivities begin! I am come conquering and to conquer.

First off, what is so boring about love.

Nothing, .............try and keep up...........................I think someone got a little tired of hiding behind love, like a wolf in sheeps clothes. The above post seems more like a wolf than a sheep.

Dances, No offense but you aren't in QA's league and really don't have much more than personal attacks in your arsenal. QA's ability of having knowledge and then twisting it commands attention. She is like the Pied Piper of the blind, constantly encouraging the lost that all is well.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What is fearless is staying with the limits and bounds of true cause-and-effect, without veering into "wishes."

As Scientologists say, what gets us is what we don't know, we don't know.

Everyone here is aware that "a religion" is more than a theoretical ideology; each sect splits into various "ways-of-Being" -- ways that are often mutually contradictory.

Christians violate the Sermon on the Mount; Jews violate the Law; Science and Medicine violate the "Do no harm" dictum. Politics violates "Tell the truth." We all short-weight our evidence in hopes of convincing others, cheaply.

But the bottom line is Behavior or Avoidance. Either we're vigilant to expose falsehood or we're part of the falsehood.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by Wisconsin

Wisconsin

Didn't Heaven's Gate kill all of themselves off?
www.rickross.com...

Most of them did. Some are still around. "The Twilight Spectrum" and "Exotica Mulder" cults read alot of Heavens Gate literature from what my cousin's sister in law told me. Other websites also say the same.

Wisconsin

[edit on 25-6-2006 by Wisconsin]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join