Christianity is the AntiChrist Religion

page: 3
4
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Christianity is the AntiChrist Religion...it would seem so.
I mean for the most part Christians dont resemble the leader they claim to follow.

The buddhist seem more like followers of Christ than Christians.
Was Christ out protesting and trying to convert people and force them to follow his agenda? He has been given such a bad rep by the Christians that Jews feel they cant even talk about this Jewish dude who has quite a bit we can learn from.

Peace

dalen




posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
Christianity is the AntiChrist Religion...it would seem so.


How so?


Originally posted by dAlen
I mean for the most part Christians dont resemble the leader they claim to follow.


This isn't a problem with Christianity. This is a problem with Christians. Bearing in mind, there are those who call themselves Christians who are not. Also bearing in mind that Christ said that we need him because we are all sinners. In other words, no-one will resemble Christ though we must try the best we can.


Originally posted by dAlen
The buddhist seem more like followers of Christ than Christians.


Be careful of what your perceptions tell you. We're here to dig deepers and deny ignorance, not prejudge and accept things at face value.



posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
just becasue it said there will be an anti christ religion in his name dosent mean that it has to be christs name

in revelations it said that many people would worship the beast when he arrives on earth perhaps it with be Beastism or something



posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Has anyone had the thought that the god of the Old Testement is not one and the same god of the New Testement?



posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance_is_Bliss
just becasue it said there will be an anti christ religion in his name dosent mean that it has to be christs name

in revelations it said that many people would worship the beast when he arrives on earth perhaps it with be Beastism or something


Perhaps, it could very well be that mankind will forget or not be able to see the Anti-Christ for who he is and call it something else. I think that's very well possible. After all, there are many warning to see false teachers for who they are. I doubt they'd be poor deceivers, but rather masterful ones.



posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by point
Has anyone had the thought that the god of the Old Testement is not one and the same god of the New Testement?


Many times and even when Christ walked the earth (according to the Pharisees). There is a lot of promises man broke between himself and God over time. Wrath was the teacher in the beginning, but God starts to discuss a plan with those who believed. I'd recommend reading from Job to Malachi. That's the time period between the chaos that ensued from kings "gone south" and Christ's arrival. This series foretells and foreshadows that coming. The openers of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John make more sense too as to why Jesus had to be born of a virgin, why his earthly papa was from David's line, why he was considered "the Light of the world", etc.


[edit on 25-5-2006 by saint4God]



posted on May, 25 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Wrath was the teacher in the beginning, but God starts to discuss a plan with those who believed. I'd recommend reading from Job to Malachi. That's the time period between the chaos that ensued from kings "gone south" and Christ's arrival. This series foretells and foreshadows that coming. The openers of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John make more sense too as to why Jesus had to be born of a virgin, why his earthly papa was from David's line, why he was considered "the Light of the world", etc.
[edit on 25-5-2006 by saint4God]


So a god that teaches with fear, wrath and punnishment decides at a certain point to manifest itself in human form (Jesus), and promote the virtues of unconditional love, forgiveness and turning the other cheek?



posted on May, 25 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by point
Has anyone had the thought that the god of the Old Testement is not one and the same god of the New Testement?


Yes , new testament is all about tolarance and it's aproch is changed radical from the old testament.
How ever the new testament does make refrence to the old testament, numeros refrences.
The old testament even anounces the coming of christ, you got that at the end of the old testament.
So they are linked.

1 What many dont udnerstand is that the bibile it's self is not a single book, it has been asebled from many smaller books .

2 The bible may not be translated correct, so it may be interpreted in the rong way.

3 Some of the books were not even included in the bible, and they should have been, for example books that were writen by woman, books that contained texed inapropiate for the church, it was done by constantin the grate when the bible was asebled.

4 The church is responsable many times for aletering the original text or substracting words.


Think of this, a creative force will always be the bigest one, it is hard to create things, it is so easy to distroy them, god has always been a creative force, I too think that cristian religion has gone bad, I think the creator of the universe wants us to be free, and let's us chose if we want to belive in him or not, he does not presure any one, the curch does and it has done that in the passed, one of it's horible aspects was the incuisition, I think the church no longer represents the true god, for the bible it's diferent I think because it is composed of many books, If one person would of wrote all of it I would understand, in some aspects of the old testament from some books good is harsh for example in geneses with one of the man that has commidet a crime, he is mad that one of the man has made a sacrifice in his name and has sacrificed an animal in the name of god.
So there is many aspects of the old testament ,some of them show a contovercy , so I dont think the bible should be viewd as bad material.


[edit on 25-5-2006 by pepsi78]



posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
dbates Sir

Excellent post and thoughts.....


I couldn't have said it better myself



posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by point
So a god that teaches with fear, wrath and punnishment decides at a certain point to manifest itself in human form (Jesus), and promote the virtues of unconditional love, forgiveness and turning the other cheek?


That's a good question for Him. As I see it though, the 10 commandments were not designed to inspire fear and wrath. It looks almost transitional from the Genesis way of teaching to the Christ-in-person way of teaching. There are a lot of changes & growth of mankind from Old Testament to New. The oversimplification would negate all the promises made (that we broke) during those time periods.



posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by point
Has anyone had the thought that the god of the Old Testement is not one and the same god of the New Testement?


It depends on who your asking...


In the Christian realms this is probably a hidden secret question in many peoples hearts.
They cannot reconcile the two.

Part of the problem, this is my understanding, is how Christianity has perverted what messiah is.
Take a good dose of true messianic judaism (all jews are messianic, the term got hijacked by a baptist runned organization), and you will see messiah is no more god then you are.


The new testament was written by jews...clever ones to. You wont find many Jews discussing it, particularly with Christians, cause those rabbis know the slant from the other group.

peace

dalen



posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
In the Christian realms this is probably a hidden secret question in many peoples hearts.
They cannot reconcile the two.


If they are having this problem it would help if they read the Book they carry.


Originally posted by dAlen
The new testament was written by jews...clever ones to. You wont find many Jews discussing it, particularly with Christians, cause those rabbis know the slant from the other group.


I'd love to discuss the New Testament with either Messianic or Orthodox Jews. I have discussed it with a Messianic Jew, and might I say I'm more impressed their their understanding of exactly how the Old and the New connect so well moreso than my own. There seems to be a lot of culture that most of those on my continent are lacking. For example, I did not realized the significance of Christ's headcloth being neatly folded and placed in the corner after his resurrection. Turns out to the tradesmen of the time, it meant, "My work is finished." How about that?! Never picked up on that detail before. I've never talked with one from the Othrodoxy to discuss this with me yet though.



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Originally posted by point
Has anyone had the thought that the god of the Old Testement is not one and the same god of the New Testement?


Yes , new testament is all about tolarance and it's aproch is changed radical from the old testament.
How ever the new testament does make refrence to the old testament, numeros refrences.
The old testament even anounces the coming of christ, you got that at the end of the old testament.
So they are linked.


Is it conceivably possible that the numerous references/links in the books of the Old Testament to the books of the New Testament have been added by the Church Fathers (centuries later) to in part fuse the two seemingly opposingly natured gods into one all incompassing deity? To promote monotheism over dualism?
To fuse an evil vengeful god with a god of forgiveness and love?

[edit on 26-5-2006 by point]



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by point
Is it conceivably possible that the numerous references/links in the books of the Old Testament to the books of the New Testament have been added by the Church Fathers (centuries later) to in part fuse the two seemingly opposingly natured gods into one all incompassing deity? To promote monotheism over dualism?
To fuse an evil vengeful god with a god of forgiveness and love?


Is it conceivably possible that I'm actually dead and talking to you from beyond the grave. There are numerous accounts of those who have claimed they've talked with spirits so perhaps I'm just adding validation to those claims.



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Is it conceivably possible that I'm actually dead and talking to you from beyond the grave.
There are numerous accounts of those who have claimed they've talked with spirits so perhaps I'm just adding validation to those claims.


Many have claimed to be able to converse with God. God is spirit.
You yourself implied that I could ask 'Him' a particular question that I was asking you in a reply you recently made to me.
So I take that as a resounding 'Yes' to my Bible question.
Thanks saint4God.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by point]



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by point
So I take that as a resounding 'Yes' to my Bible question.


Take it as you wish, even if it is not what I said. By that logic though, I am dead and talking to you from beyond the grave.


[edit on 26-5-2006 by saint4God]



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Saint4God,
So then you believe it to be inconceivable that the Bible could have been possibly tampered with in such a way as I described?
It is a simply question.



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by point
Saint4God,
So then you believe it to be inconceivable that the Bible could have been possibly tampered with in such a way as I described?
It is a simply question.


Based on the fact there's zero substantiation other than the imaginations that would also place me behind the grave as an interviewable specter, yes. Nevermind the proofs that these books from Job to Malachi were written well before Christ's time.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by saint4God]



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Nevermind the proofs that these books from Job to Malachi were written well before Christ's time.
[edit on 26-5-2006 by saint4God]


That doesn't mean the books couldn't possibly have been tampered with or altered by others well after Christ's time.



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by point
That doesn't mean the books couldn't possibly have been tampered with or altered by others well after Christ's time.


So what you're saying that you haven't even a shred of documentation, testimony or account that there are purple aliens living on Pluto nor that the books were possibly tampered with/altered by others well after Christ's time?





new topics
top topics
 
4
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join