It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is the AntiChrist Religion

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaimless

I think the real good "god" was sent to Hell over a dispute involving entry into Heaven requirements and an evil sinister enity many would call "Satan" took over and now rules Heaven.

This good "god" that was cast into Hell I believe could have been the once bride of god than the Kabala says he made lay with Adam. This enity was named Lilith and I believe that "Lucifer" was not an angel or a Jin but a female goddess whom the male God loved above all.

I believe also that the story of Satan tempting Jesus was in actuallity his spiritual mother Lilith trying to talk some sense into her son.
There were after all about 17 other sons of god sent to suffer on a cross or tied to a stake and left to die to be the savior of humanity.
The male god wanted humans to worship them through their son's sacrafice as an entry into Heaven requirement.
The female goddess Lilith wanted only the humans to be descent people not perfect or to have a halfman half god hybred to worship whom would sufer for their sins.
The war in Heaven was waged due to their disagreement and she lost.
After an unknown abount of time has passed she will be released from Hell for a second chance to convince her former husband to see things her way or go to batle a second time. Upon wining god over or the war she will either reunite with God and rule with him or will defeat him and rule Heaven instead.
The religions that came into existance have been given incorect and imcomplete information because the angels the male god sent had been sent with a mesage to tell humans disinformation about the history in Heaven and other related information.
Judism, Christanity and Islam was just different variations of anti-Lilith propaganda, propaganda against God's ex-wife whome he wanted people to believe was this evil enity called Lucifer, The Devil and Satan.
When it is the male God of the three religions that fits the true discription of Satan.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
When one considers two very important things, it seems rather silly to be an adherent of the Christian faith (meaning: any religion that directly correlates to Jesus' divinity/as the so-called Messiah).

1) Jesus' divinity was decided well after his death when the Catholic hierarchy decided their religion was failing (Nicaea Council). They needed a way to spice things up, and though there was no evidence of His divinity, they made him divine. Spread the word, Jesus rose from the dead!

2) God told Moses at Mt. Sinai that there shall be no other God before me. Thus making any religion to follow suit with any other divine leader (whether part of a "trinity" or any other form, what so ever) would automatically put your soul on the metaphorical chopping block.

Therefore, those who worship Jesus as God are doomed (and that's only if to say that there is any kind of afterlife at all). He is neither divine, nor the Messiah, merely a radical reformer of his times.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by akabetty]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
An amazingly selective intepretation of Church history and theological thinking, Akabetty. By the same standards 'All men are endowed by their creator...' means that women are excluded from the rights to 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."?

I am addressing this post instead of several others for the sheer reason that Betty's is not ridiculously reasoned and is at least grounded in some shreds of common sense. The bizzarre and totally baseless meanderings about Lilith and Satan triumphant are just another attempt to ridicule organized religion without providing any reasoning for it. I would recommend some posters to take in a workshop in writing fiction.

The First Council of Nicaea that Betty mentions resulted in doctrinal issues that needed to be decided. In a pagan age, polytheism was actually more palatable than monotheism. Arius and his followers advocated the belief that is known as Arianism. To put the controversy simply, Arius and his followers maintain that Christ was not homoosios with God. This means Arians did not believe in the Trinity. Arians would argue that Christ was merely the Logos or Word of God. This is contradicted in several Gospel teachings. Titus 2:13, 2PET1.1, John 1.14, Ps 45:6, Mt 1:23, Jn 17:3, Acts 2:17 & 33, Col 2:9, 2 Thes 1:12, I Tim 1:17, and I John 5:20) all speak of Christ as Divine. This is the TIP of the iceberg, but is enough to illustrate my point.

What was the Council about then if not to 'spice' things up? Odd choice of words, that. Christianity was a religion growing in leaps and bounds, especially after granted protection from Constantine - the Emperor not the comic book character. The Council was not convened to 'spice things up', it was convened to cool things down, actually. Arius was one of many men who sought to twist Christianity into just one of many of the mystery cults that proliferated the Roman World. The Council established doctrine based on scripture. It created a structure for the organization and maintenance of the fastest growing religion of it's time. It created a mechanism to articulate and enforce doctrine. After all, catholic means universal. One God, one church, one doctrine.

source one (secular)

Source Two (theological source)

There are several quotes from the Old Testament that invalidate the simplistic and hoary chestnut from the Book of Exodus about Christ being a competitor. Once again, Psalms and Hebrews contain dozens of passages that promise the Messiah.

Now, if anyone has bothered to read this, I am sure to hear that my arguments are based on books of dubious provinence. I respectfully disagree. I believe that the Bible, while written by men, is inspired. Now this may sound stupid to you, and that's fine by me. This is why it's called FAITH, people.

Finally, as to being doomed. Doomed? Interesting choice of terms. At the end of the day, I will be able to use the values of my religion and the applications I have made of those values and argue that I have lived a good life. That by following the credo of my Catholic faith, I have enriched the lives of others, served my brothers and sisters, and lived in a moral and responsible way. That by following the Magisterium, I will have made myself a better person that I would have without it. Now, assuming that you are all right and I am wrong - at least I will go to my grave knowing I tried to be a good man.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   

How did you know the things like that?? did you see God and satan?? if christiany is an antichrist religion who is the real GOD??

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
ya know something that has always gotten me is how the old testement states that you never worship anyone or thing before him, (no false Gods) .
Whos to say that that includes Jesus christ???now I'm a believer and ive always bee hesitent, to end my prayer with "in Jesus' name" I always just say In yout name i have ever since I started praying

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The thing is, that to pray to Jesus, in my eyes as well, is worshiping someone other than God. Now I know that some people choose to believe that Jesus was God, but he never came right out and said 'I am God'. In fact when the soldiers and Pilate said to him 'Are you God', he says 'That's what you say', in fact if he was 'thee' God, then he would have had no fear and nothing to lose by admitting it to them.

There are so many people worshiping false Gods in this world. I don't think Jesus wanted us to worship him at all. He taught the laws of God, not to get stuck in the ways of worldly things, we seem to have lost our way with that fact.

While the basic Christian is worshiping whatever his/her version of God is they do not live the law. We have justified this with the changing of the times. People, Christian people are practicing ways that the bible specifically says not to. I personally don't have a problem with this, my problem is with the hypocrisy within the religion, by those who claim to practice it.

The other thing is, if Jesus was in fact God, then what is with the major character change between the old testament and new testament? Why did he go from supreme bad dude to major niceness?? This is very conflicting.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
what is that means and what are they plan to the people to convince to be a member of this group just to say they rebelled for for what is the reason?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

DISCLAIMER: The following testimony is given regarding the religious systems of this wicked world, not individuals. Recorded for revelation, not condemnation, in hopes there would be those who would "see" and "hear", for all who do so will "come out from among them(this world and it's systems of religion) and be separate". They will "Come out of her" indeed and Truth!

"The Way of Truth is evil spoken of" because of pagan "catholicism" and her harlot pagan "christian" daughters ;-( Their "imag"ined "jesus christ" is not The Messiah! It was some five hundred years ago that they named one head of their three-headed pagan "god", "jesus", during a time that has been called the "reformation". Prior to that time there was no "j" sound in the english language.......period.......

Yet the "reformation" was an aptly named time! For it was a time when "catholicism" birthed her harlot "christian" daughters ;-( Her "christian" daughters are of her substance ;-( Her substance was merely "reformed" so that her "christian" daughters might appear a bit differently outwardly, yet inwardly they remained liken unto their pagan harlot mother ;-(

"christianity" is but the byproduct of the fornicative relationship pagan "catholicism" has always had with "the god of this world", he who is "the father of lies", he who is "the angel of light", 'd'evil spirit that rules over this wicked world ;-(
All religious systems, muslin, jewish, buddhist, catholic, christian ,,etc,, are Anti-Messiah!

Religious systems of this world, all alike they are,
Their captives have fought, killed and died, both near and far ;-(

And then once a week, or multiple times a day they may pray,
Yet as hypocrites they begin each new day ;-(

Days that are filled with deceit and lies,
For in a "religious system" Truth can not abide ;-(

And so the fruit of death is born of religion's way,
Because life is but a pawn in the wicked game they play ;-(

Faith will not create a religious system!

The Messiah testified of a "wicked world", and of His disciples being "in, not of, this world".

John exhorted those who believed "to love not the world or it's things" for "the WHOLE world is under the control of the evil one"!

And James testified, "whoever is a friend of this world is the enemy of GOD(Father, Great Spirit, Creator,,)"!

Those of this wicked world and it's religious systems are destroying and perverting Creation and The Creator, Our Father, has promised that HE "will destroy those who are destroying and perverting HIS Creation(earth, air, water, creatures, Truth, Love, Peace, .etc.)"!

Hope is that there be those who take heed unto The Call of The Only True GOD and "Come out of her, MY people"!

All who heed GOD's Call will exit "the broadway to destruction" and they will follow The Messiah on "The Way to The Truth of The Life"! They no longer will have their portion with the pagan "catholic" and "christian" LIES, or with any other religious system of this world.

The Messiah testified, "whoever lives and believes in Me(His Teachings and Life example) shall never die." And then The Messiah questioned, "Do you believe this?" YES!

And you? Do you believe? Or do you believe in death?

While there is breath(spirit) there is hope!

For Miracles Do Happen! Thankfully so!

Hope is that there would be those who "come out" of the "strong delusion" that is the religious systems of this wicked world. Hope is that there would be those who believe in and receive of The Life. Hope is that there would be those who would "experience The Messiah and The Power that raised Him from among the dead".

Hope is you will, or have experienced The Miracle that is receiving "a love of The Truth".

Peace, in spite of the dis-ease(no-peace) that is of this world.......
thedestructionoftheearth.wordpress.com

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
A saying goes as follows: AS LONG AS THERE AS BEEN ONE GOD THERE HAS BEEN KILLING IN HIS NAME.

Now, no one and I do mean no one knows the truth. Sure there are aspects of truth then the reality of what people think is the truth. But no one knows for sure. You take 100 people and give them the bible. Have them read it. Just one verse that is. Then ask them the same question and you will receive 100 different answers that don't even come close to matching. This goes for the Kuran too. For which both I have. I do not believe that Christianity or Islam is the work of the Devil. I think it is mans way of teaching it to his benefit and choosing what he wants from its texts that is Satans work. All men and woman in my opinion use religion to twist it into backing whatever they want. It is ideology and pride in religion that is wrong, not the word of it. Although I thank the original messenger for his thoughts and feelings about such a hot topic. And to all thank you.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The worship of images (this includes churches and crosses) is idolatry. The "church" should be the temple that is the body, not a building. When Jesus was crucified, he was tortured beyond belief. At the moment of his death, as his spirit came out of his body and away from the cross, what do you suppose he felt toward the thing that caused him so much misery? What do you think he thought of as he looked at that cross? He more than likely felt disgust and/or the need to avenge his pain and misery. His ENEMY was the cross. So why would someone put a cross on a building that they claim that God is in? What God? Certainly not the God of Jesus, because he would not approve of people kneeling down praying to a cross... Which I might add, is idolatry.

Jesus came to teach us many things, but it was not to start cults (what religions all are) and it was not to imprison souls or damn souls with mind control that the cult leaders, preachers, and priests like to inflict. The message of Jesus was perverted the moment that the first building was erected and people were told that God was in that building. God is inside your head. He has to be found within your soul. Not in a building or through any leaders, false gods, or arrogant preachers that think they have the authority of God to tell you that you will go to Hell if... God is the only authority. Preachers are not God, so they have no right to make judgement in God's place. God is the judge. Not preachers. So Christianity and all religions are Anti-Christ, since they take you away from a personal path to the Light. You can walk the narrow road that you must be independant on finding God, or you can walk with the masses that take the wide road of illusions and mind-control.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazielle LeDawn

Not very often I get to say it, but you are right.

The only thing I would say different is in regards to the church. It is not really the "body", but it is within. It is built out of wisdom and understanding.

You can find clarification of this in Proverbs 8 and 9, 9 specifically talks of building it, and that is what Jesus founds "in" Peter. It is wisdom and understanding that stand at the top of the path and calls out and guides people into the "narrow gate".

But you are generally right in what you say, as the body is a temple, as it holds the soul(and thus the father) within it. The commandments are generally based on things you do towards others, and they are "sins against god" because you are committing that sin against the father within that person.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazielle LeDawn
The worship of images (this includes churches and crosses) is idolatry. The "church" should be the temple that is the body, not a building. When Jesus was crucified, he was tortured beyond belief. At the moment of his death, as his spirit came out of his body and away from the cross, what do you suppose he felt toward the thing that caused him so much misery? What do you think he thought of as he looked at that cross? He more than likely felt disgust and/or the need to avenge his pain and misery. His ENEMY was the cross. So why would someone put a cross on a building that they claim that God is in? What God? Certainly not the God of Jesus, because he would not approve of people kneeling down praying to a cross... Which I might add, is idolatry.

Jesus came to teach us many things, but it was not to start cults (what religions all are) and it was not to imprison souls or damn souls with mind control that the cult leaders, preachers, and priests like to inflict. The message of Jesus was perverted the moment that the first building was erected and people were told that God was in that building. God is inside your head. He has to be found within your soul. Not in a building or through any leaders, false gods, or arrogant preachers that think they have the authority of God to tell you that you will go to Hell if... God is the only authority. Preachers are not God, so they have no right to make judgement in God's place. God is the judge. Not preachers. So Christianity and all religions are Anti-Christ, since they take you away from a personal path to the Light. You can walk the narrow road that you must be independent on finding God, or you can walk with the masses that take the wide road of illusions and mind-control.

YES! christianity and ALL religions are anti-messiah, and any and all fabricated structures are temples of vain deceit!

TRUTH IS! ALL religion (except The Active Faith of James 1:27) IS anti-messiah!

asimpleandspirituallife.blogspot.com...

Yet, because of pagan "catholicism" and her harlot "christian" daughters "The Way of TRUTH is evil spoken of"! (II Pet 2:1-3)

"Come out from among them and be separate"! (II Corinthians 6:17)

For their "imag"ined pagan latin 'jesus' and pagan greek "christ" is not "The Only Begotten Son of Our FATHER and GOD", The Anointed One(Immanuel The Messiah)! (John 3:16; 20:17)

It was less than six hundred years ago that they named one head of their "imag"ined three-headed pagan god, "jesus", during the time of the so-called "reformation".

Prior to that time there was no letter "j", or "j" sound, in the english language!

Yet the "reform-ation" was an aptly named time! For it was a time when pagan "catholic" priests birthed her harlot "christian" daughters! And so it is that her harlot "christian" daughters are of her substance, which is "strong delusion", deception and every evil work.. (II Thessalonians 2:10-13)

For in the reform-ation "catholicism's" substance was merely "re-formed"! So it is that her "christian" daughters might appear different outwardly and theo'ry'logically, yet spiritually and in substance they remained, and yet remain, liken unto their perverse pagan 'catholic' mother!

For "christianity" is but the byproduct of the fornicative relationship pagan "catholicism" has always had with "the god of this world"! He who is "the father of lies"! He who is "the angel of light"! He who is "d"evil spirit that rules over this evil world and religion's way! (II Corinthians 4:4, John 8:44, II Corinthians 11:14, Matthew 7:13, James 1:27; 4:1-4)

So it is that the "author of dis-order and every evil work" most certainly has had his way with the multitudes.. (I Corinthians 14:33)

Yet ALL religion's, judaism, islam, buddhist, krishna, catholic, christian, jw's, russellites, mormons,, etc,, are anti-messiah!

For religion's way is of this world, and all alike they are,
Their cloned captives have fought, killed and died, both near and far!

And then once a week, or multiple times a day they may pray,
Yet liken unto pharisaical hypocrites they begin each new day!

Days that are filled with deceit and lies,
For in religion's way The TRUTH can not abide!

So it is that history has revealed, and yet reveals that multiplied billions have been killed or enslaved (bound by both natural chains, or the chains of strong delusion that are religion's doctrinal heresies) in the name of the god(s) of this, or that religion!

Proving the fruit of death and enslavement are bore of religion's way,
Because life is but a pawn in the wicked game they play!

However, religion was and is yet needful for the natural man! Those "disobedient and gainsaying (contradicting and opposing GOD) people" who are "stiff-necked and uncircumcised of heart and ears".. Those who would rather have a man, than Our FATHER and GOD, speak to and rule over them! (Romans 10:21, Acts 7:51, Exodus 20:19, I Samuel 8:4:21)

Yet, once again, "religion IS anti-messiah"!

And "because of pagan catholicism and her harlot christian daughters "The Way of TRUTH is evil spoken of""! (II Peter 2:1-3)

Simply, there IS Only One "Pure Religion and Undefiled"! (James 1:27)

"Pure Religion and Undefiled before Our FATHER and GOD is this! To visit The FATHERless (those who have no relationship with The GOD and FATHER[Creator] of ALL), and widows (those whose "bridegroom" has not risen from among the dead) in their affliction and to keep oneself uncontaminated by the world!" (James 1:27)

Not a system but The Active Faith of those who, in TRUTH, have been "Born Again" of The Holy, Set Apart, SPIRIT! Those "sons of Our FATHER and GOD" who have their portion !NOW! in HIS Family, of "WHOM the whole Family in Heaven and ON EARTH is named".. (II Thessalonians 2:10-13, John 3:3,7, I Peter 1:23, I John 3:1-2, Philippians 2:15, Ephesians 3:15)

"A Household of Faith" indeed and TRUTH! (Galatians 6:10, Ephesians 2:19)

Simply, ALL other religion IS "IMPURE and DEFILED"!

And Yes! Atheism (self-worship) is a religion as well, for atheists see their version of a god ("I",id,ego,self,pride) each and every time they view their reflected "image"!

"Come out from among them and be separate!" (II Corinthians 6:1)

For The Faithful will not create a religion!

Simply, The Faithful ARE Family..

The Family of "Our FATHER and GOD", "of WHOM the whole Family in Heaven and ON EARTH is named"! (Ephesians 3:14-15)

Continued @ asimpleandspirituallife.blogspot.com...
edit on 7/12/2015 by LoveOfTheTRUTH because: signature changed

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: shantyman

Arius and his followers advocated the belief that is known as Arianism. To put the controversy simply, Arius and his followers maintain that Christ was not homoosios with God. This means Arians did not believe in the Trinity.

This actually isn't true...

Arius and his followers believed in a different kind of trinity where the Son is Subordinate to the Father, which is actually more biblically true... He argued that the Son is God, but not true God like the Father... not equal to him, which is also more accurate according to the gospels

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Arius and his followers believed in a different kind of trinity where the Son is Subordinate to the Father, which is actually more biblically true...

Strange, how this verse showing Jesus as subordinate to The Heavenly Father in the gospel is usually not quoted:

And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt. - Mark 14:36

a reply to: Zaimless

As a response to the Original Post...

1. That God is a flame and fire
2. That God encouraged incest
3. That God encourages cannabalism
4. That God had peoples hand, feet and heads cut off
5. That God had tens of thousands killed cause they could not spead a word properly when talking.
6. That Sampson went around killing people and tearing them apart and it was all good with God (and this is after the ' thou shall not's ')
7. That God is a war monger
8. That he himself has said he is vengeful, fearful, cruel, and more...
9. That this list could go on and on.....
10. In the old testament God killed over 10 million people

1. The Gospels say that Jesus came to bring The Living Water, and it will spring up like a fountain within people for Eternal Life. This Living Water represents The Holy Spirit. Those who are not baptised by The Water of The Holy Spirit (which is Love and Mercy) will be baptised by fire (which is the old testament israeli war god, yahweh, and his wrath, condemnation, and judgment). Christ and yahweh give different teachings, such as "turn the other cheek" vs. "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". You get too choose whether you will live in The Spirit of The Living Water (Love, Mercy) or in the spirit of the fire (wrath, condemnation).

There is a reason this was written:

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. - Luke 6:37-38

edit on 16-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Strange, how this verse showing Jesus as subordinate to The Heavenly Father in the gospel is usually not quoted:

One can't quote what condemns when trying to gain an audience

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
CHRISTIANS = ANTICHRISTS;

CHRISTIANS = WHO IS 100% AGAINST TEACHINGS OF JESUS;

CHRISTIANS = WHO IS FOLLOWERS OF SATANIC PETER, PAUL, PASTORS, FATHERS, BISHOPS, POPES & ETC.
edit on 6-11-2015 by elijahismessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Arianism was the true Christianity. Trinity is pagan BS.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaimless

I think you are close to right

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Christianity was designed by the Greeks who took over Egypt, which is why the New Testament is written in Greek. It's also why the story of Jesus mimics Horus, and why the Jews were changed from the chosen people of God to being sent to damnation for rejecting Jesus. They left Egypt and were saying things that were not so nice.

In reality, the Chinese were exerting a great deal of influence over Egypt also, and why Jesus was actually a Buddhist. Christianity is like Buddhism with the ego of Jesus attached. If you take the tree of ying and yang, and change it to the tree of good and evil it becomes rather poisonous. The Jews ate from that tree, and were punished by the Christians. Now the Christians are eating from the same tree and will be punished by Islam. Islam is also eating off of the same tree and will be punished as well. Wait until Iran vaporizes Israel, and the US comes to it's aid, then you'll know who Satan is..

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JoJo the religious man

Okay now wait what book says God encourages incest? That is a sin, but then again I guess you mean by the fact that the bible says we are all related. Cause then encouraging incest was the only way to survive since we would die out and if that was what you meant then if you believe the bible then if you are married you commited incest. Please clear this up for me as now I am confused.

Will try to give another angle on this incest thing. All of any literature at one time was tradition and that includes all. The Hebrew scriptures are no different. Moses did not pen the OT as you have it now. He did assign many scribes to gather tradition and some was considered to be penned into Torah. In other words the traditions were gathered and prioritized into a book form. When it suited the scribes they were called the books of Moses or Torah. A series of traditions that became a book of sots of understanding.

In that Torah we have the penned account of a procreated boy named Cain and we also have tradition that was not penned into Moses' book that this son had a twin sister as well as Abel also had a twin sister. As the boys matured and sought procreation, they approached Adam and asked permission to mate with their sisters. Adam decided that Cain should mate with Abel's sister and Abel should mate with Cains sister. Cain was angry with this decision so Adam took the matter to the Creator. God decided that both boys put an offering upon the alter and which ever was chosen that would be the decision. As it is recorded the offering of Cain was rejected and Cain was given Abel's sister as a mate.

This is where most all who read this account have not read the tradition of why God chose this course. In the works of L. Ginzberg and in volume one the tradition unfolds.
Wickedness came into the world with the first being born of woman, Cain, the oldest son of Adam, When God bestowed Paradise upon the first pair of mankind, He warned them particularly against carnal intercourse with each other. But after the fall of Eve, Satan, in the guise of the serpent, approached her, and the fruit of their union was Cain, the ancestor of all the impious generations that were rebellious toward God, and rose up against Him. Cain's descent from Satan, who is the angel Samael, was revealed in his seraphic appearance. At his birth, the ex- clamation was wrung from Eve, " I have gotten a man through an angel of the Lord."
Unquote

Note the " I have gotten a man through an angel of the Lord." -- Most bibles will not quote that sentence as Ginzberg has written it. The JPS Tanakh is written it as "Gen 4:1 And the man knew Eve his wife; and she conceived and bore Cain, and said: 'I have gotten a man with the help of the LORD." Tradition tells us that it was the spirit Satan Who had entered Eve and that this is the reason that Ginzberg wrote "I have gotten a man through an angel of the Lord." Meaning that Satan was an angel created by God and he is the father of Cain.

If one were to accept this tradition of L. Ginzberg then that one would see that no incest was involved whatsoever in the starting of this human race as it is today. But if Ginzbergs tradition along with Moses' tradition is accepted then we have a different story. Regardless of the author, we are still looking at tradition but more choice of tradition. We are still in theology.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join