It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Massive empire of surveillance' in Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well, Canada's "Patriot Act" alongside the U.S.'s, U.K.'s, and Australia's is certainly setting the stage for a NWO or Omega Agency to really take a foothold in the "free" world through clandestined means.

Not that I feel it's a drastic change from earlier practices, just that now they can openly use the info against you with no fear of possible penalties with pesky rules like proving intent before "tapping".

If it's true that knowledge is power, then does it follow that unrestricted knowledge is....

*knock* *knock*

*Whoosh.........................................................................................................

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Um.... the IMF is the New World Order, they already conrol the majority of the planet. The owners of the private corporation called the International Monetary Fund is owned by private unknown individuals. The IMF lends money to all the Gov't at insane un payable compound intrest becuase all the countries belonging to the IMF went bankrupt and now cannot print real money while being bankrupt.
The NWO already happened via the UN & the IMF.
Now back to topic.
I still don't understand Canadian mentality. The Liberal party ruling Canada continually condemn's the U.S.A publicly but then enters backroom deals with them as not to upset the public. We publicly withdrew from missle defense yet we have technology be tested for the program in Canada, along with the same anti-terror measures. All Canadian political parties tell the people what they want to hear but NEVER deliver and just do what they want anyways. They are all just puppets.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
why do we want to lose our good laws in canada.good surveillance we already have.so good you dont even notice it.it should stay like that.u.s are mad because we do such a good job of it they want to change our ways.good luck getting royal ascent on this one.oh well election coming the bill will get lost in the suffle.we need to bring back the old days of collecting facts and intell.canada will not stand for boxed in laws that hold canadians and freedoms under a microscope.if we wanted the nazi party back we ask for it lol.........

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Guess what? It is now reopened.

Whatever you say boss.

If it is preferable that it be brought over to here ... and this one be trashed, fine.

Yeah ummm... an admin could do that...

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your "Political Conspiracies" thread without the infection of politics, because we all know politics has nothing to do with this.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hopefully this bill gets lost and never revived when the next election comes up. (likely late winter/early spring) I trust the Canadian government somewhat more than the American government, but I trust neither one with this kind of power.

It's a difficult thing to do, to balance civil liberties with security against criminals. I think this bill is going to take away far too much from the first and add far too little to the second. Why can't the police or RCMP or whoever is investigating just get a warrant? If there is a reason to be looking at people's phone/internet records (and there sometimes is, in law enforcement) then a judge would be happy to give them a warrant, I would think. If there isn't a reason to look, then they should be keeping their noses out of our stuff!

I'll vote for any party next election who promises to scrap this bill

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join