It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu Spreading in China's Poultry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Despite a concerted effort, Bird Flu is spreading rapidly through China's chicken population. China has the biggest populations of domestic chickens in the world. I wonder what would happen if they have to cull a large portion of thier chickens? They will have to import massive quantities of food to compensate. Ill bet the grain producers like ADM et al are salivating as we speak.

BEIJING - China said Friday that bird flu is spreading among its poultry flocks despite mammoth efforts to control the disease, while leaders at an Asia-Pacific summit warned that greater vigilance is needed to prevent more human infections.

President Bush, Chinese President Hu Jintao, Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi and Russian President Vladimir Putin were among the leaders pledging unity in combatting bird flu at the summit in South Korea.

Even isolated North Korea announced it was stepping up surveillance of poultry and launching education campaigns. "Projects to prevent bird flu are deepening further," the communist regime's official Korean Central News Agency said.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The situation seems are well controlled by chinese administration, only a tiny part of the poutry has been infected and then terminated immediately. so i think there will be no necessary to worry abt short of chickens.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Do you mean that the situation is well under control? Or perhaps, do you mean that the Chinese government has the information well under control?
According to www.recombinomics.com's Dr. Niman, the Chinese website that broke the SARS scandal, Boxun, is reporting more than 70 Chinese casualties of bird flu already. This could be worse than China wants to admit. They are big into that "saving face" stuff.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I doubt China will do major culling, they're far more likely to just cover up the problem and allow their country to be a test lab where the virus will have plenty of opportunity to evolve into something that will create a human pandemic.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
we doubt coz we learned what chinese gov done when the SARS breakout. And i think chinese really fell kinda embarrassed coz every one blam china for the goverment covering up on the SARS situation in mainland which is way more worse than wot they claimed. in common sence we thought someone cheat once then whatever from his mouth will consider to be Unreliable.but i think this time china gov really have done some thing not a communist style, all the information on this event is accessable and well opened to public awareness through media.

link www.china.org.cn...

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Your link is to some seriously OLD news. Notice no mention of the human casualties. The story at the top of the site is dated March '04:

China Claims Initial Victory over Bird Flu
The Ministry of Agriculture declared Tuesday that all 49 confirmed cases of bird flu on the mainland have been eradicated. No new cases in birds have been reported in the past 29 days, and there have been no human infections. Full Story

If this is what has prompted you to say that everything is "under control" I suggest you fast-forward to the present instead of reading articles that are almost a year old.

join