It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams Become reality...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Has anyone had a dream that has came true?

I've had a few dreams in the past that have came true and its really creepy...i was wondering if this is a gift or just coincadence?...it has happened more then i can remember and i dont see how it could be coincadence... ive talked to a few people and some have had the same thing occur. Its really interesting...i want to know more about dreams...anyone have anything to add?

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Had it happen quite a few times. Here's one example:

One time I had a dream about The Pope. First it started off that he was in this village from a video game I was playing earlier that night, so it just sort of carried over, but before long it was happening in Toronto. I was not thinking about the Pope or Toronto before going to bed. I don't remember much of it, but I know that I woke up crying (but not sad..). I'm not Catholic and I don't have any ties to the Pope so I don't know why the emotion, but a few days later, The Pope was in Toronto holding a big World Youth Day thing. I hadn't heard anything about it until it happened, and then crazy déja vu. I think it was way back at the same time when all the garbage truck drivers went on strike or something. So yeah, that was just one case. So I can relate =).

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Had it happen quite a few times. Here's one example:

One time I had a dream about The Pope. First it started off that he was in this village from a video game I was playing earlier that night, so it just sort of carried over, but before long it was happening in Toronto. I was not thinking about the Pope or Toronto before going to bed. I don't remember much of it, but I know that I woke up crying (but not sad..). I'm not Catholic and I don't have any ties to the Pope so I don't know why the emotion, but a few days later, The Pope was in Toronto holding a big World Youth Day thing. I hadn't heard anything about it until it happened, and then crazy déja vu. I think it was way back at the same time when all the garbage truck drivers went on strike or something. So yeah, that was just one case. So I can relate =).

wow thats awesome...i havnt dreamed about the pope or anything like that but ive had alot of de ja vue...and ive dreamed some things that happend later on in my life which was really scary to live through...wasnt sure if i was going to die or what... ive also dreamed of songs which is weird and then a couple months later the songs were released....creepy

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I felt I had to answer because of my username.

Try thinking of all the times that you had a dream and it didn't come true. Isn't it possible that you are remembering the very small coincidences in which it has?

Lets say that you have dreams every night and live to a rip old age of 80.
That's 29200 possibilities for dreaming. Now if you have about 5 dreams a night on average, that equates to 146,000 dreams over your lifetime. Out of those, how many have actually come true. Probably not more than 5 or 6. With such large numbers, coincidences tend to happen on chance and certain expectations and things that were most likely to happen anyway.

However if it were happening on a consistant basis, and a large amount of dreams were coming true, it might be worth looking into. Otherwise, it's another case of your friend calling just as you were thinking about that. (Imagine the extreme amount of times where your friend called and you weren't thinking of him or you were thinking about him and he didn't call)

Edit: Also, as per title. If Dream became Reality, then my username would be RealityReality.

[edit on 19-11-2005 by DreamReality]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
wow that was a very good answer hahaha...i never thought of it that way... you could be right... but things do happen for a reason... i tend to predict things often but it could be mass coincadence

mod edit to remove quote of previous post

[edit on 19-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well, there are two possibilities, and both may be true as well.

Either you have some precognition skill, that comes out in your dreams.

On the other hand, we have to consider that while we sleep, our mind is still awake, at least a little. It keeps analyzing and connecting facts, informations, ideas, "inputs" gathered throughout the day(s). So, while you sleep your mind keeps on thinking. And if it has enough informations to understand how a situation is going to develop, well it may also translate it into a dream

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
wow...thats deep.

it takes awhile for me to actually fall asleep...is the normal sleep time 20 minutes? for me it takes much longer...sometimes even up to an hour... i try using nyquil and such as that but it doesnt help... what could this be? is there a problem with my body relaxing or my mind getting the rest of me to sleep? most of the time i cant even remember my dreams...i only remember my dreams when they make no sense or predicts something...sometimes even past dreams of past years...

mod edit to remove quote of previous post. It is not necessary.

[edit on 19-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
A bit off topic but isn't NyQuil cold medicine?

I've had dreams come true before, but rarely. The scary thing is.. if they do come true I usually end up seeing them say on Monday and usually it would be just the weirdest dream and like 2 days later it would come true.

One time I wrote my dream down when I woke up and saved it to post in my blog later. Then 2-3 days later it came true but I didn't even realize it. Then after I find that paper and realized I completely forgot about it (which is strange because I usually don't forget my dreams for till a week or so later) and as I was reading it I realized it was the weirdest thing that happened to me today. I believe I have the exact story about that written down somewhere.. I just have to find it.

Yuriko

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I've actually had it happen a lot to me. Especially in the past five years. It won't be very huge things, just small minute things. Like driving somewhere. Or the biggest one I had was me last xmas. Two nights before I played out the entire next day in a dream. but usually its small insignificant stuff. I doubt its coindicence, because it just happens on such a high frequency.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
wow thats pretty kewl... im not sure what this all means but i guess we'll never understand how dreams really work

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
maybe dreams are linked to other dimensions?

top topics

join