It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US really hated more now than before?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx
After doing some reading and thinking about it for a while, I am not so certain that the US is hated any more than it was before we entered into Iraq in 2003 to remove Saddam. So many people are believeing the hype that we are hated more now because we are not "minding our own business" in the middle east.

Here is my point:

1. Iraqis hated us BEFORE we went into Iraq.
2. Iran hated us BEFORE we went into Iraq.
3. France hated us BEFORE we went into Iraq.
4. Syria hated us BEFORE we went into Iraq.
5. Osama hated us BEFORE we went into Iraq.
6. The majority of the Islamic world hated us BEFORE we went into Iraq.
7. China hated us BEFORE we went into Iraq.
8. North Korea hated us BEFORE we went into Iraq.

You may have a tough time finding someone who DIDN'T hate us before we went into Iraq.

Yet all you hear now is how much the entire world hates us, but they hated us before. So what is the difference?

Do you really think that their minds will be changed if we do anything different?

Every time we have helped during natural disasters, they still hate us. It is because they feel as if they are beggars, so that just makes them hate us more for feeling that way.

Do we remove our troops to change their minds? We don't have troops in France, but they still hate us.

They all would still hate us just the same. How do YOU feel about it?

Let's try to keep this civil, rational, and the flames down to a minimum, please.

Everybody hates everybody. I think it's more a question of the level of hate which currently exists towards the US. Your foreign policy isn't really the friendliest.
I myself don't hate America, I just don't like your government. Though I can't say I like the governments of the UN, the EU, China or Russia either.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Why Do They Hate US?

1. U.S. has still not ratified the 1989 UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.

2. Abandoned Kyoto treaty

3. Abandoned Anti-Ballistic missile treaty

4. Rejected International Criminal Court

5. Rejected Biological Warfare Treaty

6. Bombed 23 countries in 23 years

1945-46 ..... China
1950-53 ..... Korea
1950-53 ..... China
1954 ..... Guatemala
1961-73 ..... Vietnam
1964 .... Congo
1964-73 ..... Laos
1965 ..... Peru
1967-69 ..... Guatemala
1969-70 ..... Cambodia
1980s ..... El Salvador
1980s ..... Nicaragua
1983 ..... Grenada
1986 ..... Libya
1989 ..... Panama
199-1999 ..... Iraq
1995 ..... Bosnia
1998 ..... Sudan
1998 ..... Afghanistan
1999 ..... Yugoslavia

7. U.S. supplies 62% of the world's arms
8. U.S. Targets a $452 billion military budget by 2007.
9. Announced a “Bomb First” policy – meaning it will make a pre-emptive strike on any nation it pleases.
10. Regularly attempts overthrows of Democratic leaders (Venezuela the latest)
11. Military presence on every continent, including Holy Lands
12. Only nation to use a nuclear weapon to incinerate civilians
13. Its businesses use undemocratic forces (IMF, World Bank) to strangle domestic economies and force them to become neo-imperialistic labor farms or suffer crushing debt

14. Financially supports and has supported non-democratic dictators who have committed human rights abuses, including torture, biological weapon use, theft, and general acts of tyranny against its own people
15. Voted off the UN commission for Human Rights
Testimonials
* Do you want to know the cause of war? It is capitalism, greed, the dirty hunger for dollars. Take away the capitalist and you will sweep war from the earth. – Henry Ford

* Endless money forms the sinews of war - Cicero

* The truth of the matter is that Iraq today is not a threat to its neighbors, and is not acting in a manner which threatens anyone outside of its own borders. – Scott Ritter [former UN Weapons Inspector in Iraq]

* It's really not a number I'm terribly interested in. - General Colin Powell [When asked about the number of Iraqi people who were slaughtered by Americans in the 1991 "Desert Storm" campaign]

* The U.S.A. has supplied arms, security equipment and training to governments and armed groups that have committed torture, political killings and other human rights abuses in countries around the world. - Amnesty International ["United States of America - Rights for All" October 1998]

* If you look at those matters, you will come to the conclusion that the attitude of the United States of America is a threat to world peace. – Nelson Mandela

* If the American People ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the corporation that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their property, until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson

* No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public. – HL Mencken

* Freedom of press is limited to those who own one. – HL Mencken

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Ask the Muslims what they think of the Europeans. Better yet, ask the French what they think of the Germans (and visa-versa.) Ask any European what they think of the Russians...and THEN ask the Russians what they think of the Chinese.

Yesss....just one big happy family, those foreigners...

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank4YAHWEH
Why Do They Hate US?

1945-46 ..... China
1950-53 ..... Korea
1950-53 ..... China
1954 ..... Guatemala
1961-73 ..... Vietnam
1964 .... Congo
1964-73 ..... Laos
1965 ..... Peru
1967-69 ..... Guatemala
1969-70 ..... Cambodia
1980s ..... El Salvador
1980s ..... Nicaragua
1983 ..... Grenada
1986 ..... Libya
1989 ..... Panama
199-1999 ..... Iraq
1995 ..... Bosnia
1998 ..... Sudan
1998 ..... Afghanistan
1999 ..... Yugoslavia

Frank,

We all know they hate us.

Do you think they hate us more NOW? or do they hate us just as much as before?

Did Iraq really hurt our "reputation" or did it just solidify it?

I look forward to your reply.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx

Frank,

We all know they hate us.

Do you think they hate us more NOW? or do they hate us just as much as before?

Did Iraq really hurt our "reputation" or did it just solidify it?

I look forward to your reply.

PEACE greetings xman_in_blackx

I do not included myself in the "us" (U.S.). I just happened to be born in the U.S. I am not a waver of the Amereican flag (banner) or that of any other nation "of this world". Yahweh is my banner (Yahweh Nissi).

The record that I posted still stands, and I believe that it can only get worse because of man's disobedience to Father Yahweh's teaching and instruction (torah, law). I believe that there is hated among ALL Nations and that it can only wax worse and worse. I turn my back on all these foolish nations and look forward to Yahweh's Kingdom of peace and righteousness.

Study the following Scriptural passages in context:

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, PROUD, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unrighteous, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are righteous, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of Yahweh; Having a form of righteousness, but denying the power thereof from such turn away (2 Timothy 3:1-5).

Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven (Luke 21:10,11).

And when you shall see Yerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is near (Luke 21:20).

For these be the times of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled (Luke 21:22).

[edit on 12/2/05 by Frank4YAHWEH]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
considering all the terror that america commits, id say america is fairly well liked. the average person of any country in this world has very little knowledge about the atrocities that america commits. how many of us actually know to what extent u.s. soldiers are murdering iraqis? most of us have no idea because very little information is put out about it. very little information is also put out about what the cia does around the world. we dont really hear too much about the kidnappings, torture, murder, and over throwing of democratically elected governments. another reason why countries dont hate america as much as they should is because america is very good at accusing other countries of doing what they are doing. take for example pollution. america is no doubt the biggest polluter in the world. they pollute for no reason. americans like to leave their lights on when no one is home. they keep lights on in buildings when no one is in them. they leave the air conditioning and heating on in unoccupied buildings. they drive large cars. so here is what the americans do. they blame china. this diverts the attention away from where it should be, on america. they blame china for polluting the environment. but here is one thing we are forgeting, china makes everything we use. what is america making? the reason why pollution is coming out of china is because materialistic americans are demanding things like ipods, iphones, and all kinds of useless stuff. another way america is diverting attention away from us is by accusing others of being terorists, but if you look at all of the facts, there is no doubt you will conclude that america is the biggest terorist in the world. in fact, they even train terorists. if you want more info, look up the school of the americas.

Google Video Link

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
all we seem to hear about is how america sends billions in foreign aid to countries. this is propaganda generated by the american govt, and liberal media. we also seem to hear a lot about how america is putting in a lot of effort and money into stamping out teror, but what we are forgeting is that a lot of the teror was created by america in the first place. i;ll use 3 very obvious examples, sadam husein, bin laden, and taliban. im sure there are hundreds of more examples that we have never heard about. but does it surprise you that we havent heard about it? of course we havent. most countries, including "enemies" of the u.s. never do release the dirty laundry of america. what is really going on, most of us will never know, but just remember that nice guys finish last. this means that mean guys finish first. theres a reason why america is the richest country in the world, and you can bet your bottom dollar that they dont play fair. in fact, they will do just about everything they can to cheat, and get ahead, including sabatoging opponents in very brutal and unethical ways. this means america will put guys like sadam husein into power if they have to. it also means that america will fund guys like bin laden as they had for many years. every time i hear the words "they hate us", it is usually coming out of the mouth of an american. how many times have you heard an indonesian actually say this? i have never once heard anyone say they hate america, and i have contact with people from all over the world. in fact, what i am hearing is people making excuses for the atrocities that america has commited. even when i talk to these so called "enemy" countries, they are telling me that there are good and bad in every country. i have even talked to iraqis, and they had nothing bad to say about america. this just goes to show you how much better they are than us. the fact that americans have gone in there and completely destroyed their country, and killed 1/4 of their people, and they can just stand there and forgive americans. that really tells you who the better man is. if the situation were reversed, americans would probably show no mercy at all. in fact, americans are always generating hate and propaganda against other countries. turn on the american, and western news, and all you hear about is how bad iran, pakistan, north korea, venezuela, russia, china, and zimbabwe are, but what do we actually know about these countries? none of us are experts, so why do we pretend to be? americans have a sickness. they jump to conclusions about other countries, turn them into villains, and then make up excuses to invade them, so that they can exploit their natural resources, or generate favourable business climates for america. the worst part is, it;s not bad enough that americans create lies about other countries, but they try aggressively to convince others to believe the same lies that they believe.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Is the US really hated more now than before?

I think it is

The bloom has gone from the rose. Doubtful it will return

Whereas once, the US was generally regarded as 'bigger and better' everything, now it's seen for what it is --- a mess

It was most likely always a mess, but people chose to believe the Hollywood version

Now, the scales have fallen from the world's eyes. People have been very sadly and badly disillusioned as far as the US is concerned. It's exposed now in all its ugliness, corruption, poverty, dishonesty, etc. And it's no longer regarded as 'better' than anywhere .... apart, possibly, from Uganda or other African nightmare

But it had to happen. And the ludicrous US security situation is making sure people go elsewhere for a holiday

The US seems worse to the average person these days than the old USSR, whereas Russia and Europe generally are perceived as infinitely more civilised, more progressive, more desirable than the US

Can there be any doubt that the US sorely needs to reinvent itself (1) for its own sake and (2) in order to regain at least a little of its former credibility ?

How could the US improve it's image in its own and the world's eyes ? Well, tossing out the ridiculous extent of jewish/israeli/zionist influence would be a great start. Although without some sort of meaningful mass uprising, it probably won't happen

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join