It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US really hated more now than before?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by shire19

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
We are Hated because we have the Guts to confront evil governments and set their peoples free. We represent all the hopes and dreams of the free world..

People still believe in that BS?

It's the truth. America is the best country on the planet.
Anyone who hates us ... is just jealous of us. Ya'll don't
have what we have, and it's eating you up. And before
you come up with 'jealous of what ....' tripe. The answer is
EVERYTHING we have that the rest of the world doesn't
and that includes being able to be proud of our country
and what we do.

[edit on 11/19/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by shire19

We are Hated because we have the Guts to confront evil governments and set their peoples free. We represent all the hopes and dreams of the free world..

People still believe in that BS?

and what we do.

Yes we are jelous of your Facist govement which doesnt even obey its people, yes we are jelous of your insane prison population, yes we are jelous that there thousands of americans that was so poor they couldnt even run for there lives when Katrina hit them, Yes we are jelous you have one of the biggest Murder rates for any country (oh yes your so civil and morally better then us eh?)

Maybe if you dont like my list you can make a few up to add to it, you yanks are so good at lying and deceiving why not just keep lying to yourselfs instead of even trying to deal with the horrors your country has commited.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Not really, the Bush administrastion was voted in by the majority of us Americans and their supposed to represent us, so if the world hates our Government...than they Hate America.

Even if the decisions of government counter what the "majority" may or may not agree with. It sounds more like a self serving and convenient agenda. Get real....polls indicate all times lows for Bush support both on the foreign and domestic front. Your opinion reeks of pathetic & disturbing jingoism, but that is your god given right.

We are Hated because we have the Guts to confront evil governments and set their peoples free. We represent all the hopes and dreams of the free world.....and thats why we're hated.

"You" may think you represent all the hopes and dreams of the free world but your government does not speak nor represent everyone.

We mean what we say and we back it up with muscle.

You just keep going with that thought as they cart the dead home. The question is what does it serve you in the long run. Only time will tell I guess.

brill

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I think America is a fantastic place, but i know it isnt the best country on the planet (>:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
"We mean what we say and we back it up with muscle."

Sorry btw i know this isnt constructive but.... Do i need to post all those marines blurting crying out loud, im sure you have seen the pictures...

You dont do anything with muscle and courage, you use cowards tools like gasses and 500lb bombs, you maim children and innocents without any mercy, you contaminate whole countries with DU rounds leaving there offspring to grow deformed and sick for generations...

The more and more i think of what the US has done, the more it SICKENS me to hear you whine that nobody likes you, and to be totally honest its a wonder the world has put up with your BS for so long.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Yeah, I guess the Iraqis who are free now might have a different opinion on this "war of stupidity"

Did you see the recent polls from Iraq?

Maybe you better not look because it would burst your bubble, and that would result in weeks of cleanup.

The Iraqis are not free.

We are destroying, killing, raping, robbing, and torturing in Iraq just like Saddam did, and maybe worse.

Until we get out they are WORSE off than before.

Saddam may have been a sadistic bastard, but he was their bastard, we are not Iraqi.

In trying to figure out why they hate us do not include the good that we have done.

No one hates us for doing good.

Its the bad we do that they hate us for.

Good intentions do not reverse phase cancel the bad results of our actions.

What is the road to hell paved with?

How many wrongs does it take to make a right?

Who did the people we are 'Liberating' hate more than us before we invaded?

Think for yourself instead of repeating Laura, Sean, and Rush.

[edit on 19-11-2005 by ArchAngel]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

This is the kind of post that really makes me despise interacting with otehr humans. They think they are so cute and flippant, but they say stupid things.

Christ, all I did was make a tiny joke Thomas....last time I do that in here for sure.

Anyhow Cargo, if you hate our government...than you Hate a majority of Americans. We voted him in TWICE as Flyers_fan has noted. Bush has let us conservatives down on some issues, but he is the best-we-got-right-now.

If you beleave the FAKE approval-rating polls, than your ignorant as well. These polls are taken with the intended results....to make Bush look bad. Bush is Hated because worldwide and local media coverage is biased against his administration. These "journalists" are bred and raised to hate America. Even as their newspapers lose money...and lay off staff, they will still continue to spew out their vicious lies and rumors about American soldiers and Bush.

-Europe has lost their way.....churches are empty and the Mosques are full. Of course they HATE us. We're Still a Christian nation and Christians are now hated more than the Muslims....that tells me the world has GONE INSANE!

Maximu§

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Please point out where I said that I hate the American government or any of the American people. Keep up the BS Maximus, it's all you're good at.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
One more thing before I walk out.

Take Indonesia, remember that giant tsunami? Remember how we helped them out?? BILLIONS in donations......now go ask any Muslim Indonesian what he thinks of America and you will still hear hatred.

Max

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It is the fact that the U.S purposely chose to defy the UN and go ahead with the war in iraq, thus rendering the UN as useless as it is powerless to do what it is there for. This gave the impression that the U.S does not have any respect for any policies/opinions/ facts outside of its government.

Coming from London the only thing we used to mock is their lack of knowledge of world geography. However the only bitterness is towards the government,

Everybody knows the american people do not represent the government and the government do not represent the american people.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
La Max, i'll just answer the questions you directed at me. First of all, you are asking me to lighten up and claiming you were merely cracking a few jokes here and there? So you are not a psychotic blinded american who has been sucked up GWB's behind never to be seen of or heard of again? You were just kidding right? Ok, phew!

How can you maintain the attitude that the rest of the world has gone insane - merely because of opinion that is negative towards your government? In fact it goes to show how much a lot of the world cares for america. I found it amusing to read somebody post that most of the rest of the world is simply Jealous of america, and that america is "the best place on the planet". Are you trying to make the rest of the world hate you? Or are you simply patting yourselves on the back and saying it for your fellow american bush supporters who are faltering in their unconditional love of the government? I really do not understand the comment. America's ideals are fantastic, the dream is nice - the reality simply isn't.

We don't hate america, we hate your government. If you think that opinion isn't valid then you ought to read up on the Nazi's.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You people are so funny, you act like you actually had something to do with the staus of your country

All you did was come out of your mother into the country you are in and you are acting like you are at the border protecting your country from any danger.

Have an opinion but please dont get too high and mighty.

You are no better or worse than the person next to you and that is the truth.

Have your debate but dont act like people are jealous of your country, that is just plain ignorant

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
and what we do.

Come off that high horse of yours and face reality, there is no envy here.

So the WTC got bombed because the terrorists were jealous? So jealous that they would give their lives for it?
Whats the point in attacking someone because your jealous of what they have and give your life for it before you can even experience it?

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If we could expose the "you are jealous" crowd in this thread to a review of their day to day lives, we would probably find a lot of misery, loneliness, disfunction and self esteem problems.

Why on earth would anyone who is truly content with their personal life and relationship with others jump on the internet and try to proclaim that the world is jealous of them.

They should suspend their internet subscription and get a life.

[edit on 19-11-2005 by cargo]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Many of you have a very warped, spun sense of what life in America is like. It isn’t the Orwellian wet dream you think it is. It seems like anti-Us propaganda has worked on the weak minded.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The situation with America and the rest of the world reminds me of this scenario. Imagine a serial killer (The Bush Regime), and his mother, (The Far Right). The mother can only see the "good" in him. She feel that his intentions are good and that he is truly a wonderful child who can do no wrong. The ones trying to stop him just don't see the real good that is being done. They are just jealous because he is smarter and better looking. Those people that he tortured and killed deserved it. After all they were evil. They were the ones that killed the rest of the family a couple of years ago. There doesn't need to be an investigation. Her son told her they did it, and she believes him because he has always been such a wonderful son. The world will not be safe until all who oppose him are destroyed. The world would be a better place if they would just let him do what God has told him to do. He is the only one who hears God's voice and anyone who doesn't want to go along with his mission must be eliminated. Then the world will be a wonderful place for everyone....

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Quick Question for those who think the terroist's are jealous of us because we are so free. Or that America is the greatest country ever, blah, blah, blah

How many countries have you been to? Not hopped on a tour package, spending two weeks with other Americans fitlering another society through your ethnocentric worldview, saying things like "The Coke tastes differnet here, or I wish I could find a Starbucks" but really travelled, lived, and experienced places other than you own? Im guessing never.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
bander paul: You know that both Osama and zarqawi stated that they hated US freedom. I mean, they used those exact words. just sayin.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Please be civil. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. We should be constructive rather than destructive in our replies.

So, from what I have seen here so far is that there are many who feel that the US is hated more now because of what has happened since 9/11. The US is hated more now because of Bush Policies.

My next question then would be:

What is Bush Jr. doing that previous Presidents were not?

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Many of you have a very warped, spun sense of what life in America is like. It isn’t the Orwellian wet dream you think it is.

I agree with this completely. Not everyone is getting a clear picture.

As you stated in your second response about the verbage of Osama's and Zarqawi's rants, do they hate the US freedom because how dare the US or any western society have a form of government that thinks it is better than the one handed down from Allah as the Qu'ran?

[edit on 19-11-2005 by xman_in_blackx]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join