It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policewoman shot dead in robbery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
A police officer was faintly wounded with another dying later on of the gun shot wound
Both officers were investigating a robbery at local travel agents when they were confronted by an armed group and shot.

news.bbc.co.uk
A female police officer has been shot dead and another seriously injured as they responded to an armed robbery in the centre of Bradford.
The gunmen are still at large, with surrounding roads closed and dozens of armed police patrolling the area in an effort to track them down.

The officers were called to Morley Street at 1525 GMT to deal with a robbery at a travel agent.

Tony Blair said he was "shocked and saddened" by the death.

The incident comes less than three years after 36-year-old Tasawar Hussain was shot dead as he tried to help police stop an armed robbery at another travel agent in Bradford.

Two men were later jailed for life for his murder and Mr Hussain was given a posthumous bravery award.

Two years ago Pc Ian Broadhurst from West Yorkshire police was shot dead in Leeds.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

this just proves gun crime here in the UK is getting worse
every year,
as it is rising rapidly

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 20-11-2005 by asala]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Honestly, is this worthy of being here? Deaths happen every day in the world and Im sorry, I just dont see this being worthy of being posted here at ATSNN.

Am I wrong?

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Sad story but it will probably become even more common in the future.

timesonline.co.uk

Amer Khan, a 24-year-old property developer, who had been eating in a restaurant near by saw a policewoman lying on the ground. “She was wearing a yellow reflective uniform. There were people all around her trying to resuscitate her,” he said. He spoke to a friend who said that he had seen three men go into the travel agents and rob it. The friend said that the robbers were confronted by two women officers, shot them, and then ran off.

Another witness, named only as Faz, told The Times: “I was walking up Morley street when I heard the sound of shots. I turned round to see where they had come from and I saw two black guys with hooded tops running across the road and into a side road.”

I guess all police officers in Britain will eventually carry guns whenever they're on duty. I just hope they are allowed to use them without people going out and rioting after a criminal is killed.

new topics

join