It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House GOP Seeks Quick Vote on Iraq Pullout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
apnews.myway.com...

Well...well, well......it looks like it time to vote! I can't wait to see all the excuses from the dems and libs when thier 'leaders' don't vote the way they want them too.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The GOP has substituted the Murtha bill with one of their own calling for withdrawl in a deliberate attempt to pre-empt the debates Murtha called for, in the style of the Fulbright hearings. This is sickening. Debates are live on C-Span now. (5:20 EST). The GOP bill, unlike the Murtha bill, provides for no protection of the troops or consideration of when and how to withdrawl. It's a pastiche of the Murtha bill designed to be so unappealing and so provacative that no one would vote for it. This insults Murtha's position, whom the GOP claims to have such respect for. As one speaker pointed out, the GOP bill is likely to be used by terror groups as proof of our lack of resolve- and all as part of a political move by the GOP.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is how the GOP views the safety of our people and troops abroad. As a political game. If they wanted to vote on the Murtha bill, they should have voted on the Murtha bill, but they fear a debate and wanted their own bill to fail so they wouldn't have to contend with the Murtha bill.

This is without a doubt one of the saddest days I've seen politically since the Iraq occupation began, and it marks a new low for the GOP.

[edit on 18-11-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The Republican version is the most childish thing I have seen in a .....

oh nevermind.

new topics

join